British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Brummies v Tigers, Scottish edition 3/7.

11 minutes ago, BobC said:

Just watched it too.

Needed to see what happened, as Bickley was in 2nd place as he went by me on turn 1. Due to lots of dust, the next thing I saw was the riders shooting down the back straight with Bickley 4th! The dust really was a problem, Ok on lap 1, not so good on lap 2, and then had to wait and see who came out where by the pits after that.

Shame as it spoilt a decent meeting.

What on earth is going on regarding souvenirs? Very poor, even by NL standards.

Dust was a problem . water going down but drying so quickly . With the old type surface it soaked in better but now it doesn't …. as for souvenirs new stock awaited and should be here next home meeting . New lines coming in 

4 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Only been once to B'ham , stood on some wooden boards held up on bricks on 2nd turn my choice , grandstand looked good though!

2nd turn used to be quite a good viewing spot, but the view there is now obstructed by the air fence, so there is little point in trying to do anything about it. One of the planning conditions is that there must be an unobstructed passage for driving an ambulance to all parts of the stadium, so that precludes constructing terracing there.

The GRA have always been very co-operative, but they won't allow any structure  that might interfere with the greyhound racing programme. That's why there is no roof on part of the first bend terracing - if we restore the roof, part of the dog track cannot be seen from one of the executive boxes. The flat area along the home straight doesn't make for good viewing but it has to stay like this for the bookies, but the view from inside the grandstand/bar is superb and it can accomodate more than 800 all with a first class view.

I'm not complaining about the restrictions though - just pointing out the reasons for those who wonder why!

Edited by brianbuck
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BobC said:

What on earth is going on regarding souvenirs? Very poor, even by NL standards.

I take it you didn't see the "The Brummies Rock" gift bags & sweets then?

On 7/5/2019 at 11:26 AM, dorothy58 said:

Thanks, I was one of those on the mini bus

Were you the lady leaving the minibus with the red+white check flag?

2 minutes ago, brianbuck said:

Were you the lady leaving the minibus with the red+white check flag?

Yes

Thought that was the case. We had a five minute chat on the first bend terracing before the start. Well done to your team on a deserved win.  I don't think our team is strong enough to seriously challenge you when we come up to Glasgow this weekend, but I just hope that we can give you a decent match. Best wishes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8 July 2019 at 5:17 PM, brianbuck said:

Thought that was the case. We had a five minute chat on the first bend terracing before the start. Well done to your team on a deserved win.  I don't think our team is strong enough to seriously challenge you when we come up to Glasgow this weekend, but I just hope that we can give you a decent match. Best wishes.

With a National league rider replacing Adam Ellis?.........I don't think so.  Pathetic that this is allowed to happen.....

• Like 1

Not a very satisfactory situation I agree - but the BSPA can't allow a situation where certain riders can opt out of their club's fixtures at will. If they do this, then their club has to suffer, and it was unfortunate that in this instance, the Brummies had two more riders out of action through injury - producing a wholly uncompetitive team.

Redcar were in the same situation with Erik Riss opting to ride elsewhere and having to be similarly replaced by a National League reserve, and with Jordan Stewart also missing, the Bears paid the price - losing their home match against Scunthorpe.

• Like 2