British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Cradley v IOW mon 1st july

problem is widmans average is so low now you cant really get much of a rep

12 hours ago, waco said:

I see IOW have signed Scott CAmpos to replace Ryan Terry Daly..WHAT !!!!!!!   surely it is Widman that needs replacing...the mind boggles

Was on the cards since Campos parted ways with Plymouth. RTD has spent yet another season going nowhere and blocking up a team place, im not the greatest fan of Campos and feel riders like him are dragging the NL down but you can't argue that he is better value on his average and shouldn't be tailed off round the Island like Ryan. 

As for Widman (who cost the Island more points and should be aware of it) its a tough call as until new averages come out another 2 pointer cannot be signed to replace him. At present the best options are Tedham, Kean Dicken or Josh Embleton as riders with an average over 2.00. However im starting to feel that Warriors fans would back anyone and even support them if they were scoring the same as long as the effort was there and improvement being shown. 

I actually predicted this one right for once. You have to feel that Cradley would have been more of a force this season with Brennan still in the side as Smith seems very subdued and i really thought Harris would kick on especially at home but he appears to be going nowhere. Hats off to Sheldon for winning heat 2 after i predicted he couldn't win a coin toss. Fingers crossed the return match on the Island is just as close/entertaining. 

Agreed re Brennan Sings, he I think would have been a real force and the partnership with Clegg already looked good by the time he was ruled out - they would have probably dragged the team over the line in closer meetings with Heats 13 + 15.    On that average I don't think there was anyone else available who would have done the same job, Jack Smith will score decent points but isn't going to trouble Clegg for the number 1 spot as I think Brennan may have done.  

I really like Luke Harris and he looks ready to push onto heat leader level in many ways but isn't quite making the jump as yet.  He was steady last night and was probably expecting to win Heat 14 but got outjumped by Verge and maybe tried a little too hard to pass him leading to him coming to grief.  He has been steady in most meetings I have seen this season (admittedly all at home so far) but needs more heat wins rather than minor placings.  Dan Halsey looked much more comfortable last night and deserved the Heat 15 nomination, where he looked good but slipped off sadly.   Sheldon Davies looked more competitive than Lewis Whitmore which is all he needs to do in reality.  

Still not sure we'll make the playoffs but the 4 point win at Mildenhall may make the difference if we can pick up wins against Stoke and Plymouth in the next 2 home meetings

The result last night would have been a lot closer had Georgie Wood not suffered 2 engine failures in decent positions but it's another one chalked off I guess

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattJ81 said:

Agreed re Brennan Sings, he I think would have been a real force and the partnership with Clegg already looked good by the time he was ruled out - they would have probably dragged the team over the line in closer meetings with Heats 13 + 15.    On that average I don't think there was anyone else available who would have done the same job, Jack Smith will score decent points but isn't going to trouble Clegg for the number 1 spot as I think Brennan may have done.  

I really like Luke Harris and he looks ready to push onto heat leader level in many ways but isn't quite making the jump as yet.  He was steady last night and was probably expecting to win Heat 14 but got outjumped by Verge and maybe tried a little too hard to pass him leading to him coming to grief.  He has been steady in most meetings I have seen this season (admittedly all at home so far) but needs more heat wins rather than minor placings.  Dan Halsey looked much more comfortable last night and deserved the Heat 15 nomination, where he looked good but slipped off sadly.   Sheldon Davies looked more competitive than Lewis Whitmore which is all he needs to do in reality.  

Still not sure we'll make the playoffs but the 4 point win at Mildenhall may make the difference if we can pick up wins against Stoke and Plymouth in the next 2 home meetings

The result last night would have been a lot closer had Georgie Wood not suffered 2 engine failures in decent positions but it's another one chalked off I guess

Decent meeting , IOW would have won if Wood had not had engine failures. Was stood next to an IOW regular who said Wood either wins races or breaks down. Got to question any riders professionalism if that keeps happening. Clegg a class apart, if brennan had not got injured Cradley may have made top 4, no chance without him. Crowd for Cradley dwindles by the week, wonder if it is down to Promoters saying no longer looking for a track? Pearson never there any more not surprisng when he is on TV most Monday's 

Smith hasn’t even got the slightest of patches on Brennan. You only have to see the race from Brennan to move Ayres out and Clegg through to know he meant business. Was shocked when they signed smith as his average was based purely on home form surely Knight or Bailey could have been tempted back or they could have dropped the number 2 for a very low 2. 

Also wood is great value for money but how many breakdowns does he have? Surely the IOW would have been better signing Bowtell I think I’ve seen him breakdown once maybe twice this season

There is no doubting that Wood is a huge talent on a bike but has always been held back by under par equipment. Sadly unless he lands a large sponsor like some others in the leagues he is going to continue to struggle. I don't know how much maintenance comes into it or how much is actually being done when the engines take the 16th trip to the tuners but he has a reputation that is going to be tricky to shake off.