British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SuperBear

Redcar v Glasgow KOC (1st leg)

2 minutes ago, Gringo said:

But we have the better reserves.

Bickley is handy enough on his home shale , but Greaves is pretty good round Ashfield and will be troublesome 

10 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Bickley is handy enough on his home shale , but Greaves is pretty good round Ashfield and will be 

Edited by Gringo

If the aggregate score is 90-90 would it go to replay.

6 hours ago, mac101 said:

rumour is he has been dropped

Yep! And it sucks IMHO!   

Well done 11 points, rider of the night of the night award and oh by the way you’re axed!  

8 hours ago, Gringo said:

If the aggregate score is 90-90 would it go to replay.

No, Golden Heats

Bears announce 3 new riders, Eric Riss,  Kasper Anderson, and Tom Wooley,  With Eric and Tom named in Fridays second leg.

17 minutes ago, Coraldon said:

Bears announce 3 new riders, Eric Riss,  Kasper Anderson, and Tom Wooley,  With Eric and Tom named in Fridays second leg.

Can't argue with the facts. Three strong heat leaders especially MPT as third of those. Andersen at 2 should do alright also. Extra pressure on Greaves as Wooley can get and be a road block in the NL but probably won't wash in the Champs. However if he is happy with 3 rides a meeting the rest should be able to do enough to cover for him.

Wonder when they told Ostergaard as when interviewed by Roy on getting his Man of the Match award last night he told all the fans he was looking forward to Glasgow on Friday and he hoped he and his team mates had their gating gloves on 

55 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

Wonder when they told Ostergaard as when interviewed by Roy on getting his Man of the Match award last night he told all the fans he was looking forward to Glasgow on Friday and he hoped he and his team mates had their gating gloves on 

Well that makes me a bit of a jinx! I picked Ulrich as our rider of the night based on his return to form especially in his final 3 rides! Wish I'd known what was in store before I chatted with him on the centre green and said i hoped he 'd turned the corner ( pun intended!) and wished him more great performances for the Bears :o

5 hours ago, KEITH M said:

Few minutes after that!   Shame they didn't mention it to him before he'd booked his flights for July meetings :o( 

• Like 1

Seem to recall the Redcar Promoter(s) being called names for telling a rider he was going to be replaced ( Richard Hall ) before his last match and now people complaining for NOT fore warning a rider he was being replaced.

Can't please all of the people all of the time.

• Like 3

With the greatest respect to anyone who feels Ulrich was mistreated..... firstly, he's a lovely fella and I wished he hadn't been replaced just after getting 11 points.  However, if you read what the Team owner and Manager said, decisions to change riders must be submitted to the Speedway Authorities well in advance and to be fair Ulrich had not been performing to the type of superb standard he did on Tuesday against Glasgow.  A fair number in the crowd said he wasn't as good as he used to be .  In fairness if you also read the statement on the Club website, Smith asked to leave, then changed his mind on Saturday but was told it was too late as things were already in motion.

I personally wish Ulrich all the very best for the future and it's a shame it's happened like it has.

Would I be being a little naive if I said that surely if you tell a rider he's leaving on Wednesday but he rides on Tuesday because the team is also extremely short and needed rider replacement, would he still get 11 points or would his score be much lower!!

Edited by Baloo

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Seem to recall the Redcar Promoter(s) being called names for telling a rider he was going to be replaced ( Richard Hall ) before his last match and now people complaining for NOT fore warning a rider he was being replaced.

Can't please all of the people all of the time.

Unless...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CbHVD1PvyNK2z8IsWHG4yOleD7C_3YXd/view?usp=sharing

:D

Edited by Bear_Bottom
  • Haha 1