Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SuperBear

Redcar v Glasgow KOC (1st leg)

Guest Loose Diamond
On 7/3/2019 at 7:04 AM, The H Man said:

Well done 11 points, rider of the night of the night award and oh by the way you’re axed!  

Yes disgraceful.

Just now, Loose Diamond said:

Yes disgraceful.

Why he was signed as a 3rd heatleader and up until Tuesday he wasn't even scoring as a good second string.

Redcar are only doing what they think is best for them and i applaud them for that, the decision to axe him would have been made before Tuesday.

If he had performed as he did on Tuesday prior to that he may still have been there.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Yes disgraceful.

Slightly better than sacking a rider by text after he'd spent money on bikes and before even getting a ride.

Guest Loose Diamond
13 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Slightly better than sacking a rider by text after he'd spent money on bikes and before even getting a ride.

No idea.If you are talking about Palovaara I'm sure his bikes were ready for anyone to call for his services. Nick Lunna was also signed up for us. Then had a change of heart. So when Steve Worrall became available had to go for him. Similar to situation with Ostergaard. But it still does not make the situation very good. Txting someone your sacked. But did they actually say he was sacked? I have no idea.

Guest Loose Diamond
25 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Why he was signed as a 3rd heatleader and up until Tuesday he wasn't even scoring as a good second string.

Redcar are only doing what they think is best for them and i applaud them for that, the decision to axe him would have been made before Tuesday.

If he had performed as he did on Tuesday prior to that he may still have been there.

No idea. Who was he replacing? Ben Barker? Maybe should have given him a bit more time? I've no idea. He had struggled a bit at Birmingham. Maybe he still had some bike/ other problems at Birmingham. Maybe thought Redcar could kick start his season. It hadn't until that Glasgow fixture. How long can you wait?? To me it's "Win at all costs" at the moment. A rider has 2 or 3 poor meetings and he is gone. Newcastle stay too loyal to their riders at times.

4 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

No idea.If you are talking about Palovaara I'm sure his bikes were ready for anyone to call for his services. Nick Lunna was also signed up for us. Then had a change of heart. So when Steve Worrall became available had to go for him. Similar to situation with Ostergaard. But it still does not make the situation very good. Txting someone your sacked. But did they actually say he was sacked? I have no idea.

Palovaara was sacked by text, before he'd even ridden , that was disgraceful. 

Telling a rider to his face after a meeting in private is not disgraceful.

Sacking any rider is not good for the rider but it is a fact of life not just speedway.

Guest Loose Diamond
7 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Palovaara was sacked by text, before he'd even ridden , that was disgraceful. 

Telling a rider to his face after a meeting in private is not disgraceful.

Sacking any rider is not good for the rider but it is a fact of life not just speedway.

I did not know Palovaara was sacked by txt. Also was not aware that Ostergaard was told face to face in private. Which I and others would not be privvy to. I just felt the decision to let Ostergaard go after recently signing him was a bit harsh. Maybe disgraceful was the wrong choice of word.

16 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

I did not know Palovaara was sacked by txt. Also was not aware that Ostergaard was told face to face in private. Which I and others would not be privvy to. I just felt the decision to let Ostergaard go after recently signing him was a bit harsh. Maybe disgraceful was the wrong choice of word.

If you did not know the facts then perhaps you should not have issued such a statement as ' disgraceful '.

Ever other Newcastle fan was aware of the sacking by text as was most of the speedway world.

On the surface it did look ' harsh ' but the decision was no doubt made on his previous performances and also made days in advance, very few riders are disposed of without a replacement having already been signed.

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

If you did not know the facts then perhaps you should not have issued such a statement as ' disgraceful '.

Ever other Newcastle fan was aware of the sacking by text as was most of the speedway world.

On the surface it did look ' harsh ' but the decision was no doubt made on his previous performances and also made days in advance, very few riders are disposed of without a replacement having already been signed.

Perhaps not. Only going off the events that had happened. I must have been the only one who didn't then.

4 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

The revamped team was probably being put together over a week ago and then sent to BSPA for the manditory 3 days notice. if a rider has a great meeting during those days it is hard lines for that rider, but the club can't undo it and then affect say 5 or 6 riders. What's done is done and life goes on. Tough on the rider but he wouldn't have been in this situation if his scoring had been better. 

I thought the 'text' matter had been discussed out in about February. Text is often used, as pointed out in those discussions and is standard because of the speed that information can be 'transmitted`. When Nike dropped us in, and Steve just happened to become available with Worky's closure, it could have been a text to Steve, we will never know. If the club had waited for Palovaara to return calls, he could have got wind of the new circumstance early with cries of 'so why didn't you text him instead' would have been the common comment on here. Losers either way.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

The revamped team was probably being put together over a week ago and then sent to BSPA for the manditory 3 days notice. if a rider has a great meeting during those days it is hard lines for that rider, but the club can't undo it and then affect say 5 or 6 riders. What's done is done and life goes on. Tough on the rider but he wouldn't have been in this situation if his scoring had been better. 

I thought the 'text' matter had been discussed out in about February. Text is often used, as pointed out in those discussions and is standard because of the speed that information can be 'transmitted`. When Nike dropped us in, and Steve just happened to become available with Worky's closure, it could have been a text to Steve, we will never know. If the club had waited for Palovaara to return calls, he could have got wind of the new circumstance early with cries of 'so why didn't you text him instead' would have been the common comment on here. Losers either way.

As I have said I must have been possibly the only person who had not heard that Palovaara had been sacked by txt. Generally I never believe all the close season rumours. I just wait to see who is riding for every team. So many rumours go around all the time.