British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Premiership- Swindon Robins v Ipswich Witches. 04/07/19.

13 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

Which goes back to why I would have preferred a stronger reserve when we could have made the change, Rasser at reserve would compensate for this. Reserves points win you matches.

If Rasser  was at reserve he would  have been wasted we need him scoring in the top five.The Witches side is built on filling minor places having no last places and one or two of there riders stepping up to the plate.In our side's make up if one or two of the top five is off the pace  that is it, the reserves  without a top four will not win you matches.My take is to try to grind a result out tonight then look at thing's again when Tobi gets back on the 18th who knows you might get your wish Bellego at reserve ??? i doubt it though.

• Like 1

Personally i felt if we did not get Tobi back the season was over,  we didnt get Douglas who was an option if a change of plan was needed.Last week with Stef/ Ellis scoring a few between them we could of coped then  Steff gets injured which was unfortunate.It is going to be hard to get another reserve in ( is Bellego to high???) so just hope we win tonight and Tobi comes back ok.My feeling is if we can scrounge in the play/offs our top end strength in heats 13/15 could make the difference later in the season lose tonight and the dream is over.

10 hours ago, mcnabadam said:

Can anybody explain why we are not using    Anders Rowe at number 7 ahead of Kurtz? His scores for Somerset have been better than Kurtz and why not pick a young asset?

Totally right why put Anders at number 8 in the first place.??? he will get limited chances anyway.Last night he scored more than Kurtz admittedly in the easier reserve berth and he beat Allen as well.Look it is to early for Anders yet but my gripe is why name him at number 8 ??  i am old school i love young uns to get a chance.We were great in the past for giving local young riders chances Kilb, Wellie, Alun, the Chessell's, Smart's, Dukey, Keener( ect)  i feel Alun should understand this.He came through the ranks and was given chances when he was not ready vital exsperience at the time and helped  shape his long and decent career.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Icicle said:

Have a feeling "Debbs" is a new troll name....

You only have to look at previous posts on their bio to see who it is. 

For some reason mods don't do anything,,,,, unless you call someone a numpty that is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Totally right why put Anders at number 8 in the first place.??? he will get limited chances anyway.Last night he scored more than Kurtz admitttely in the easier reserve berth and he beat Allen as well.Look it is to early for Anders yet but my gripe is why name him at number 8 ??  i am old school i love young uns to get a chance.We were great in the past for giving local young riders chances Kilb, Wellie, Alun, the Chessell's, Smart's, Dukey, Keener( ect)  i feel Alun should understand this.He came through the ranks and was given chances when he was not ready vital exsperience at the time and helped  shape his long and decent career.

True sidders, Mac Woolford and Darryl Ritchings, both Purton boys.

Edited by auntie doris

9 hours ago, Debbs said:

Swindon Fans will be crying after defeat .What a slum the place is 

Go away weirdo you are not welcome on the Robins thread, go and try  the Poole one god you are one fruitcake.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

True sidders, Mac Woolford and Darryl Ritchings, both Purton boys.

Did Keener come from Minety doris.???

9 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Go away weirdo you are not welcome on the Robins thread, go and try  the Poole one god you are one fruitcake.

I support Ipswich.The topic is Swindon v Ipswich.go figure 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

We get enough visiting weirdos on the Poole site already thank you!!;)

C'mon the Robins, lets both beat the 'beasts from the east' this evening!!:party:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

We get enough visiting weirdos on the Poole site already thank you!!;)

C'mon the Robins, lets both beat the 'beasts from the east' this evening!!:party:

God Skidder you want the rocking Budgies to win!!! in a way a good match for Ippo as long as they pick up a point.They will be happy with that in a way the match is a bit of a freebie i am worried they could  pick up all of the points.

Ipswich would be overjoyed with a point,,,, even no points isn't exactly a problem. With the away points we have already picked up we are more or less guaranteed a play off spot already. 

• Like 1

Wouldn’t be expecting to much from this

Swindon and Belle Vue are the 2 sides I want to avoid in the play offs

Swindon have riders like Doyle , Ellis and Jensen who go well at our place and then add in Musielak if he is back and I’d they keep Bellego I’m sure he will have a point to prove

Witches 2 toughest away trips back to back and I’m not expecting any points so was good to get the 4 at Peterborough 

11 hours ago, mcnabadam said:

Can anybody explain why we are not using    Anders Rowe at number 7 ahead of Kurtz? His scores for Somerset have been better than Kurtz and why not pick a young asset?

Unable to use anyone in the Premiership who has not achieved an average (or converted average) of 3 or above in that league as I understand it. So until Anders has an average of 4.50 or higher he's not able to step in

9 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

Unable to use anyone in the Premiership who has not achieved an average (or converted average) of 3 or above in that league as I understand it. So until Anders has an average of 4.50 or higher he's not able to step in

What a pathetic rule but thanks for the answer Robin,  my opologies go to Rosco SORRY  presume that is why Drew Kemp was  not aloud any involvement this year in the P.L

• Like 1