British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem. 4/7/19

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lol! I don’t give a flying fig what you or anyone else thinks. Up the Pirates! Top of the league, baby!:cheers:

Grow up FFS 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lol! I don’t give a flying fig what you or anyone else thinks. Up the Pirates! Top of the league, baby!:cheers:

I know you don't. I'll have a word with Buster. See if he can't by Poole on the cheap. That should cheer you up :party:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It was a pre-meditated move. He knew what he was doing. He didn’t “accidentally” knock Josh off. Anyway it’s now all been dealt with Ref chucked Cook out.

If Josh G came up to you after the meeting one on one and told you what he told the press conference would you call him a liar? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

If Josh G came up to you after the meeting one on one and told you what he told the press conference would you call him a liar? 

He didn’t see what the crowd saw.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Poole tried their best to throw that away 

Wells was a great guest and Masters scored only one less then Kurtz last time although Kurtz had an extra ride

R/R scored more than Worrall did last time and Holder got 8 .... much better than the 3 last time

Lynn unlucky having to use Ayres when Andersen got 6 last time 

Palm Toft again showing that Poole isn’t one of his favourite tracks .... 19 races now with zero wins 

As an Ipswich fan this Poole team is held together by Klindt and Josh and I wouldn’t be worried facing them in the play offs 

Ah but will this be the Poole team you face in the playoffs 

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What you mean is he didn’t see what you wanted him to see

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He was riding the bike. You know, those things that go round in circles in front of you.

He had the best seat in the house.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well a very good meeting on an excellent surface. Poole track getting back to it’s best now and some real close heats. A few more meetings to build up racing lines and we will have a track to be proud of.

Kings Lynn turned out to be a two man team and got their just deserts of coming away empty handed.:P

Whilst Pirates don’t have the top end firepower of Lambert or Cook, we make up with strength in depth. Our engine room is capable and hard hitting. I believe it’s pretty obvious to everyone now that Poole are the team to beat. Again. And when our replacement for Worrall comes in, hopefully it will make us even stronger.

For Poole:

Masters. Flat and not fired up. Mediocre at best sorry to say.

Klindt. Just gets better and better. So fast. Best season? Always chucks in one duffer. 

Josh. Best season. Just improves every week and the move he pulled in heat 15 was as sublime as the move he pulled in heat 3 at NSS. Cook had no answer other than to stuff him in the fence.

Holder. Struggled to compete with Lambert and Cook. Had a great battle with Palm Toft.

Wells. Did his job. Should be picked up by some team very soon.

NBJ battled for his points and threw away a paid second when his bike failed on the last bend.

Lynn.

Lambert was excellent. Absolutely adores the Poole track. Sign him for next season please.

Palm Toft took his time to get going. One titanic struggle with Holder.

Riss was very poor.

Jorgensen was poor. No idea why he withdrew.

Cook was good but saw the red rag in heat 15 and stuffed Josh. Crowd incensed. Ref agreed.

Kerr has had far bette meetings at Poole.

Ayres out of his depth which was a suprise after what was said about him before the meeting.

So an easy win for the rampant Pirates. The return is live on BT sports on Monday evening, which save a horrible and very long trip.

oh, and by the way. Pirates are top of the league!:cheers:

Hope he is OK Shovvy, eh

52 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nothing threw Cook off his line but a rage that told him to stuff Grajczonek to the fence. He knew what he was doing. Josh being diplomatic. Filthy move by Cook. We all saw it.

Don’t know how long exactly you been going to speedway but I am now into my 41st year of spectating and I can remember the hard riders of the 70’s and 80’s and I can assure you if the red mist descended like you say it did no way would any of them riders have apologised to their victim .. So why can’t you accept josh G’s take on it and admit your wrong for once 

Edited by KEITH M
  • Like 2

Just now, KEITH M said:

Don’ know how long exactly you been going to speedway but I am now into my 41st year of spectating and I can remember the hard riders of the 70’s and 80’s and I can assure you if the red mist descended like you say it did no way would any of them riders have apologised to their victim .. So why can’t you accept josh G’s take on it and admit your wrong for once 

Were you there? I believe I and the rest of the Poole fans actually witnessed the incident, so have an eye witness viewpoint. Why don’t you just admit Cook rode dirty in heat 15?

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Were you there? I believe I and the rest of the Poole fans actually witnessed the incident, so have an eye witness viewpoint. Why don’t you just admit Cook rode dirty in heat 15?

Why don't you ask Josh when you see him, and when he tells you his take on it, call him a liar. I'm suprised you didn't go the the presser, or did you. Would of been your big chance..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Because like you say I wasn’t there( bit far from Newcastle on a Thursday)  but as others have said Josh G was and he was closer to the action than you 

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Sorry all you poole bashers but im just pleased Josh got up after cookie tried to stuff him throught the fence on to the Railway sideings. Dirty move. Anyway, onwards and upwards...Being the opporative word..

Edited by Starman2006

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Sorry all you poole bashers..

I am not actually a Poole basher I have just taken an interest in your team ever since you signed Bjarne Pedersen  from us.. And now you have/had Richie Worrall ... plus Kings Lynn have current diamond Thomas Jorgensen and former fans favourites Robert Lambert and Lewis Kerr so that’s why I took an interest in tonight’s meeting 

5 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Sorry all you poole bashers but im just pleased Josh got up after cookie tried to stuff him throught the fence on to the Railway sideings. Dirty move. Anyway, onwards and upwards...Being the opporative word..

One person on here is saying it was dirty 

You have your head so far up Shovlars arse we can just about see your feet

Your own rider has said it wasn’t dirty

Yet you and your trolling mate Shovlar day otherwise 

You two are what give Poole a bad name on here

Get ready for the play offs when the Witches stuff you