British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem. 4/7/19

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Were you there? I believe I and the rest of the Poole fans actually witnessed the incident, so have an eye witness viewpoint. Why don’t you just admit Cook rode dirty in heat 15?

Steve.

Josh Grazjonek has said himself that it wasnt intentional. What is wrong with you?

I've also just looked at Craig's Instagram and there was a HUGE hole into turn 3, so dont try and convince us all that the track is now all rosy because it's far from it.

When josh said craig hit the bumps he wasnt lying.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, acef said:

Steve.

Josh Grazjonek has said himself that it wasnt intentional. What is wrong with you?

I've also just looked at Craig's Instagram and there was a HUGE hole into turn 3, so dont try and convince us all that the track is now all rosy because it's far from it.

Could you post it please.

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Could you post it please.

It's a video not a still. Lambert taking the piss putting a cone out to move the white line past where it was. Bang of order and why the best riders dont race here anymore because of absolute s##t tips like poole. Mark lemon was bang on with his comments.

Would post if I knew how to

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, acef said:

It's a video not a still. Lambert taking the piss putting a cone out to move the white line past where it was. Bang of order and why the best riders dont race here anymore because of absolute s##t tips like poole. Mark lemon was bang on with his comments.

Would post if I knew how to

Thanks mate. No worries. I'm not to clever with this internet thing myself :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke
Spelling.. Again

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well a very good meeting on an excellent surface. Poole track getting back to it’s best now and some real close heats. A few more meetings to build up racing lines and we will have a track to be proud of.

Kings Lynn turned out to be a two man team and got their just deserts of coming away empty handed.:P

Whilst Pirates don’t have the top end firepower of Lambert or Cook, we make up with strength in depth. Our engine room is capable and hard hitting. I believe it’s pretty obvious to everyone now that Poole are the team to beat. Again. And when our replacement for Worrall comes in, hopefully it will make us even stronger.

For Poole:

Masters. Flat and not fired up. Mediocre at best sorry to say.

Klindt. Just gets better and better. So fast. Best season? Always chucks in one duffer. 

Josh. Best season. Just improves every week and the move he pulled in heat 15 was as sublime as the move he pulled in heat 3 at NSS. Cook had no answer other than to stuff him in the fence.

Holder. Struggled to compete with Lambert and Cook. Had a great battle with Palm Toft.

Wells. Did his job. Should be picked up by some team very soon.

NBJ battled for his points and threw away a paid second when his bike failed on the last bend.

Lynn.

Lambert was excellent. Absolutely adores the Poole track. Sign him for next season please.

Palm Toft took his time to get going. One titanic struggle with Holder.

Riss was very poor.

Jorgensen was poor. No idea why he withdrew.

Cook was good but saw the red rag in heat 15 and stuffed Josh. Crowd incensed. Ref agreed.

Kerr has had far bette meetings at Poole.

Ayres out of his depth which was a suprise after what was said about him before the meeting.

So an easy win for the rampant Pirates. The return is live on BT sports on Monday evening, which save a horrible and very long trip.

oh, and by the way. Pirates are top of the league!:cheers:

Only until next week when you have to go to Ipswich

2 hours ago, acef said:

Steve.

Could you tell us where exactly this photo/video is on Craig’s instagram page as the only photo I can see at Poole tonight is Craig leading Sam Masters.....There is certainly NO PICTURE OR VIDEO of a “HUGE HOLE” on bend 3!!!!!!!:mad:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scottyfan said:

Could you tell us where exactly this photo/video is on Craig’s instagram page as the only photo I can see at Poole tonight is Craig leading Sam Masters.....There is certainly NO PICTURE OR VIDEO of a “HUGE HOLE” on bend 3!!!!!!!:mad:

There is, or certainly there was when i looked a few hours ago during my night shift.  It was on what looked like a pre-meeting track walk.  He zooms in on a hole, then lambert runs off and gets a cone type thing and jokingly uses it as if to cordon off the hole.

I'm gonna have another look now for the vid and see if its still there. 

Edit:  Ok, he's removed it .  On the original video he had some text over making some comment about rider safety or something or similar about it.  Perhaps he thought better of it and removed it.  Someone will have saved it somewhere i'm sure.

Edited by The Doctor...
update

There was no hole on bend three. The track is smooth and in good condition. Best it’s been in a long time.

• Like 1

I do see that Craig apologies to Josh for "running him in slightly" on Instagram though.

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well a very good meeting on an excellent surface. Poole track getting back to it’s best now and some real close heats. A few more meetings to build up racing lines and we will have a track to be proud of.

Kings Lynn turned out to be a two man team and got their just deserts of coming away empty handed.:P

Whilst Pirates don’t have the top end firepower of Lambert or Cook, we make up with strength in depth. Our engine room is capable and hard hitting. I believe it’s pretty obvious to everyone now that Poole are the team to beat. Again. And when our replacement for Worrall comes in, hopefully it will make us even stronger.

For Poole:

Masters. Flat and not fired up. Mediocre at best sorry to say.

Klindt. Just gets better and better. So fast. Best season? Always chucks in one duffer. 

Josh. Best season. Just improves every week and the move he pulled in heat 15 was as sublime as the move he pulled in heat 3 at NSS. Cook had no answer other than to stuff him in the fence.

Holder. Struggled to compete with Lambert and Cook. Had a great battle with Palm Toft.

Wells. Did his job. Should be picked up by some team very soon.

NBJ battled for his points and threw away a paid second when his bike failed on the last bend.

Lynn.

Lambert was excellent. Absolutely adores the Poole track. Sign him for next season please.

Palm Toft took his time to get going. One titanic struggle with Holder.

Riss was very poor.

Jorgensen was poor. No idea why he withdrew.

Cook was good but saw the red rag in heat 15 and stuffed Josh. Crowd incensed. Ref agreed.

Kerr has had far bette meetings at Poole.

Ayres out of his depth which was a suprise after what was said about him before the meeting.

So an easy win for the rampant Pirates. The return is live on BT sports on Monday evening, which save a horrible and very long trip.

oh, and by the way. Pirates are top of the league!:cheers:

It is not obvious to me IF we get in the playoffs Poole would be the team i would pick they are the weakest in my opinion. After seeing Ipswich tonight cant see Poole beating them over two legs either.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Glad to hear the track was improved again. You will always get some people hoping its bad which is strange. 2 good meetings at Swindon and Poole on the same night. Who would have thought that a few weeks ago after the debacle of bank holiday Monday at both tracks.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

I do see that Craig apologies to Josh for "running him in slightly" on Instagram though.

Nothing to do with the bumps then?

6 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Glad to hear the track was improved again. You will always get some people hoping its bad which is strange. 2 good meetings at Swindon and Poole on the same night. Who would have thought that a few weeks ago after the debacle of bank holiday Monday at both tracks.

I heard there was a hole big anough to fit a football in DOG,i am sure they will sort it soon maybe Shovel s.. can supervise the work.!!!! The Abbey tonight was decent Doyle even with a GP on the horizon put everything on the line a stunning ride in heat 15.

Edited by Sidney the robin

5 hours ago, scottyfan said:

He has removed it.

But I need to be clear with the usual Poole lot here, there WAS a huge hole on bend 3.

Why cant people just accept it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There was no hole on bend three. The track is smooth and in good condition. Best it’s been in a long time.

I have personally watched a video of a huge hole on bend 3.

You are way beyond delusion. I'm not making this up to be critical, with my own eyes I saw it.

Now clearly Lambert and Cook were not at all happy about it, you wouldn't be would you?

The state of some of the English track is frankly disgraceful and poole are leading the way. Whatever work they have done isn't satisfactory given there is already a galing chasm on the bend.

• Haha 1