British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem. 4/7/19

There you go I worked it out, obviously resolution is much worse so not as clear but I’d like to think even the most blinkered on here can see that there’s still some holes which are pretty darned dangerous!

2 hours ago, The Doctor... said:

Edit:  Ok, he's removed it .  On the original video he had some text over making some comment about rider safety or something or similar about it.  Perhaps he thought better of it and removed it.  Someone will have saved it somewhere i'm sure.

It's still there as far as I can see. It wasn't uploaded to his feed, just his stories. If people really want to see it, I'll pop it onto a free video sharing site later on.

Edit - I got interrupted while writing this reply and didn't notice the new messages. I see 89buttons has added some screen shots so probably not a need for the video now :D

Edited by HenryW
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

29BF98E9-CDF1-4BFF-8BA7-8152E232F0FE.png

Imagine running over that mid slide at 50mph, you are going to catapult and hurt yourself and potentially others.

TBH it's getting boring keep repeating the same stuff week on week. Poole should be fined for that. Until they are properly reprimanded then it will continue. 

Thanks for the photos, hopefully shut a few of the wallys up!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There was no hole on bend three. The track is smooth and in good condition. Best it’s been in a long time.

So again you can see it from your vantage point.Unlike the riders who walk right over the top of it.Steve i know you are so biased but blimey even you can see that hole in the track from the pictures.As the saying goes "there are none so blind as those who will not see".You and Starman fall under that saying where Poole is concerned.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, acef said:

Imagine running over that mid slide at 50mph, you are going to catapult and hurt yourself and potentially others.

TBH it's getting boring keep repeating the same stuff week on week. Poole should be fined for that. Until they are properly reprimanded then it will continue. 

Thanks for the photos, hopefully shut a few of the wallys up!

A Poole poster wanted Cook fined and reprimanded for bringing Josh down,yet Poole seem to put 14 riders safety at risk every week.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 3

How do  we know the Lynn riders didn’t make that hole on their track walk ? :D

Just sowing the seed you understand.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Why did he remove the video, maybe an old video i don't know. Cook took him out on the second bend and if Josh says bumps may have been a contributing factor then i accept that but Craig has apologised which he wouldn't do if he didn't think it was his fault. Both riders don't want to make it an issue or fall out over it.  

Don't think it can be an old video just thinking about it.When did Cook and Lambert last ride together for King's Lynn down at Poole with their pre meeting King's Lynn attire on.

Like I've said in the past on here, this isn't just poole and actually goes much deeper. Its across a number of tracks and goes some to explaining why the best riders can't be bothered with the uk anymore.

The ref last night should also be spoken to for passing that track as fit to race on, or whichever official makes that call.

Until the sport unifies as one to sort out track preparation it'll never go away. Fines should be handed out or whatever it takes.

• Like 2

Do these ref’s do a track walk in advance of a meeting?   If that hole was plain to see why didn’t the ref flag it up to the home promotion to allow some track work to be carried out prior to the meeting starting ?

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It was a pre-meditated move. He knew what he was doing. He didn’t “accidentally” knock Josh off. Anyway it’s now all been dealt with Ref chucked Cook out.

And your proof that it was premeditated is . . . . . ?

3 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

And your proof that it was premeditated is . . . . . ?

Mystic Meg told him:lol:

Obviously Cook told Shovvy before the race what he was gonna do.  Otherwise how would he have known it was premeditated?  Unless you think Shovvy is just full of it. :D

11 minutes ago, semion said:

Do these ref’s do a track walk in advance of a meeting?   If that hole was plain to see why didn’t the ref flag it up to the home promotion to allow some track work to be carried out prior to the meeting starting ?

You can't just cover a hole and pretend it isn't there, if the hole is in the base it will always be there.

So it’s the duty of the ref just to ignore it?  

How about doing what we do best in this Country and put a row of cones there :rofl:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Mystic Meg told him:lol:

I didn't:D

This thread is far more entertaining than many a meeting I've attended. Shovvy at his best:P

Edited by Star Lady
  • Haha 1