British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem. 4/7/19

8 hours ago, acef said:

It's a video not a still. Lambert taking the piss putting a cone out to move the white line past where it was. Bang of order and why the best riders dont race here anymore because of absolute s##t tips like poole. Mark lemon was bang on with his comments.

Would post if I knew how to

Well Lambert 15 + 2 from 6 rides obviously wasn't that bad, didn't hear any of the riders complaining about track 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Why did he remove the video, maybe an old video i don't know. Cook took him out on the second bend and if Josh says bumps may have been a contributing factor then i accept that but Craig has apologised which he wouldn't do if he didn't think it was his fault. Both riders don't want to make it an issue or fall out over it.  

There is only one person making an issue out of it. Everybody else in the world is happy to take Josh G’s word and move on. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, semion said:

Obviously Cook told Shovvy before the race what he was gonna do.  Otherwise how would he have known it was premeditated?  Unless you think Shovvy is just full of it. :D

Steve Shoveller, who amusingly spells his surname as Shovlar for a username, is totally full of what it is that he shovels

Fortunately, it doesn't wind me up, I just find it all quite amusing

Thank you, Shoveller!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Well Lambert 15 + 2 from 6 rides obviously wasn't that bad, didn't hear any of the riders complaining about track 

You’re basically saying that as long as riders don’t complain it’s ok to have holes in the track :blink:

Is it really too much to ask that all tracks in the UK can be hole free? A minimum requirement for the NL surely let alone the Premiership. I’d be utterly embarrassed if the AFA regularly had hole(s) in the track. And I’d be slating the promotion rather than being in denial. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

I didn't:D

This thread is far more entertaining than many a meeting I've attended. Shovvy at his best:P

Shoveller must be Stevie Wonder in disguise to miss seeing that hole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, semion said:

Do these ref’s do a track walk in advance of a meeting?   If that hole was plain to see why didn’t the ref flag it up to the home promotion to allow some track work to be carried out prior to the meeting starting ?

I think he did do a track walk, he did bring to light a problem with the air fence on turn 3, not far from the hole either 

To be fair we all know what a warped individual Shovlar is

Gets his kicks out of being a troll on here , obviously doesnt get any satisfaction out of anything else in his life, so he plays childish games on a forum.......sad life

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nothing threw Cook off his line but a rage that told him to stuff Grajczonek to the fence. He knew what he was doing. Josh being diplomatic. Filthy move by Cook. We all saw it.

He’s only ever a passenger on a speedway bike anyway, so any hope of him riding with skill is non existent. As for his extreme rudeness towards the paying public and referee, he should be heavily fined and banned for at least 4 matches. I would also hope that his Team GB bosses throw him out of the SON competition..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You’re basically saying that as long as riders don’t complain it’s ok to have holes in the track :blink:

Is it really too much to ask that all tracks in the UK can be hole free? A minimum requirement for the NL surely let alone the Premiership. I’d be utterly embarrassed if the AFA regularly had hole(s) in the track. And I’d be slating the promotion rather than being in denial. 

So how come this wasn't brought to the intension of the ref

9 hours ago, Gavan said:

One person on here is saying it was dirty 

You have your head so far up Shovlars arse we can just about see your feet

Your own rider has said it wasn’t dirty

Yet you and your trolling mate Shovlar day otherwise 

You two are what give Poole a bad name on here

Get ready for the play offs when the Witches stuff you 

There the sites unhinged and bracket.:rofl:

The same Poole riders would have done the track walk, how come they didn’t say something about the hole 

• Like 1

Officials have been ignoring the holes in the Poole track for years.  The Poole riders probably just accept it as something they have to put up with.

SS is no doubt frantically trying to come up with something to discredit the clear video evidence after his insistence that the track was smooth. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

The same Poole riders would have done the track walk, how come they didn’t say something about the hole 

Because I should imagine one of the Lynn riders dug their heel in and dragged it back. Quite clear it had just been made. Not one single issue with the track last night. Flat out racing with plenty of passing. Seems to me there are people on here willing for the Poole track to be bad. Its not the case anymore. Sorry to disappoint!

Five wins on the bounce. Confidence running high. Top of the league. On our way to retaining our title yet again. Happy days!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Strange all this hole business. I stand on bend 3 and didnt notice anything out of the ordinary before the start. In view of recent criticism of the track, I was looking for anything untoward. The track had been well watered so maybe the hole was hidden under the damp top surface? Certainly not evident from the outside. The Lynn riders were on the 1st turn while I was looking.

Ive seen the video posted by Cook. Its obvious they found it. Yet,strangely, not one rider bucked or got out of shape while riding across it. Many times throughout the meeting,riders were riding a very tight inside line, so would have been ridden right through where they found it. Ask Holder and MPT in their terrific battle.

Onto the Cook incident. I look directly down the back straight in a straight line towards the pits. For my money, Cook seemed very intent on pushing Josh out, as you would expect. However, he just didnt leave him any room to stay up. I didnt notice anything that would suggest he was thrown of course.

We will just have to wait and see if ReRun post the incident. We will have take Josh's word about the incident. We all see things differently.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BobC said:

Strange all this hole business. I stand on bend 3 and didnt notice anything out of the ordinary before the start. In view of recent criticism of the track, I was looking for anything untoward. The track had been well watered so maybe the hole was hidden under the damp top surface? Certainly not evident from the outside. The Lynn riders were on the 1st turn while I was looking.

Ive seen the video posted by Cook. Its obvious they found it. Yet,strangely, not one rider bucked or got out of shape while riding across it. Many times throughout the meeting,riders were riding a very tight inside line, so would have been ridden right through where they found it. Ask Holder and MPT in their terrific battle.

Onto the Cook incident. I look directly down the back straight in a straight line towards the pits. For my money, Cook seemed very intent on pushing Josh out, as you would expect. However, he just didnt leave him any room to stay up. I didnt notice anything that would suggest he was thrown of course.

We will just have to wait and see if ReRun post the incident. We will have take Josh's word about the incident. We all see things differently.

Good honest post Bob. Looks to me that one of the riders dug their heel in and dragged it back on a soft patch due to watering. No issues whatsoever during the meeting. 

Lots of fake news on here about the Poole track by people hundreds of miles away from last nights meeting. They should have come along to witness the champs in action. Pretty sure they would have been entertained.