British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem. 4/7/19

26 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Because I should imagine one of the Lynn riders dug their heel in and dragged it back. Quite clear it had just been made. Not one single issue with the track last night. Flat out racing with plenty of passing. Seems to me there are people on here willing for the Poole track to be bad. Its not the case anymore. Sorry to disappoint!

Five wins on the bounce. Confidence running high. Top of the league. On our way to retaining our title yet again. Happy days!

Cant wait for us Witches to put you in your place

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, semion said:

How do  we know the Lynn riders didn’t make that hole on their track walk ? :D

Just sowing the seed you understand.

All you have to do is feed Stevie and he never disappoints :icon_smile_clown:

What absolute prize plum he is.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Gavan said:

To be fair we all know what a warped individual Shovlar is

Gets his kicks out of being a troll on here , obviously doesnt get any satisfaction out of anything else in his life, so he plays childish games on a forum.......sad life

Why don't you two just get married and done with it 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

You’re basically saying that as long as riders don’t complain it’s ok to have holes in the track :blink:

Is it really too much to ask that all tracks in the UK can be hole free? A minimum requirement for the NL surely let alone the Premiership. I’d be utterly embarrassed if the AFA regularly had hole(s) in the track. And I’d be slating the promotion rather than being in denial. 

You'd expect Poole to be fined by the SCB for the poor track again last night ...

They ought to be docked points until they get it sorted, it's gone on long enough now ....

Edited by Trees
  • Haha 2

Three guests and rider-replacement for Pirates?

Not a good advertisement for speedway on TV, I'm thinking.

(Sorry folks, this is on wrong thread -- I'm talking about Monday coming at King's Lynn)

Edited by Uluru

1 minute ago, Trees said:

You'd expect Poole to be fined by the SCB for the poor track again last night ...

What poor track 

• Like 2

Just now, Uluru said:

Three guests and rider-replacement for Pirates?

Not a good advertisement for speedway on TV, I'm thinking.

Wasn't on TV 

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

What poor track 

The 'hole' and blue groove ...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

What poor track 

Just a KL fan grovelling for excuses. 

2 hours ago, 89buttons said:

29BF98E9-CDF1-4BFF-8BA7-8152E232F0FE.png

These pictures are clearly doctored as Shovlar the fisherman said the track was lovely and smooth with no bumps or issues :rolleyes: 

And everyone in the stadium (he’s their spokesman now) saw that Cook intentionally took out scrabble :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Just now, Arthur54 said:

Wasn't on TV 

Sorry, mate --- I was looking ahead to KL v Poole of Monday.    Wrong thread.  My mistake.

14 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Cant wait for us Witches to put you in your place

You have to admit Gavan we are doing extremely well considering all the injuries, wait till we get a settled side 

• Like 1

You can clearly see a heel has gone in and pushed down. It’s even foot shaped!

29 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Because I should imagine one of the Lynn riders dug their heel in and dragged it back. Quite clear it had just been made. Not one single issue with the track last night. Flat out racing with plenty of passing. Seems to me there are people on here willing for the Poole track to be bad. Its not the case anymore. Sorry to disappoint!

Five wins on the bounce. Confidence running high. Top of the league. On our way to retaining our title yet again. Happy days!

You’re so blinkered it’s laughable! If the images of these holes were at any other track in uk you and all the other blinkered Poole fans would be up in arms slating the track, saying it’s dangerous etc. Etc. 

Please understand I’m not in any way anti Poole, I for one think it’s great how passionate the fans of your club seem to be, without fans the sport wouldn’t exist! 

But....I as a speedway fan want to see the standards of track preparation in the uk raised across the board as it’s regularly sub par and dangerous for the riders who are putting their necks on line for our entertainment!

Today’s bikes are highly volatile unpredictable machines that have to be ridden pretty much flat out with little room for error, to achieve close safe racing we need better prepared tracks, inconsistencies in the track ie bumps, holes etc launch these guys and often they momentarily become a passenger so when racing closely it can be hard to miss others - this leads to people not racing so closely being wary to make manoeuvres as they are cautious of the track - I’ll be the first to admit the track has been great for some meetings at Ipswich this season and for others it’s been very tricky for the riders, we need better standards and better consistency to improve the product and more importantly improve the safety for the riders. 

If you genuinely think soft patches on the inside of the track that can rut so easily and potholes such as those seen in the photos on the pre meeting track walk are acceptable and safe for guys to go racing on then don’t bother replying I have no interest in taking the conversation further it’s wasted breath.

I’m glad to hear the meeting was good entertainment throughout and glad no one was too badly injured! Just wondering what it’s going to take before uk speedway get serious about improving the track prep standards.

p.s. Before someone pipes up “if it’s that bad why do they ride the tracks” well if they refuse to race on an unfit track if the ref says shut up and get on with it they’re instantly put between a rock and a hard place - ride on a dangerous track or refuse to ride and be slapped with a 28 day ban for withholding their services and therefore can’t earn anything from their chosen profession for a month!

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You can clearly see a heel has gone in and pushed down. It’s even foot shaped!

Not pear shaped then