British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem. 4/7/19

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

So again you can see it from your vantage point.Unlike the riders who walk right over the top of it.Steve i know you are so biased but blimey even you can see that hole in the track from the pictures.As the saying goes "there are none so blind as those who will not see".You and Starman fall under that saying where Poole is concerned.

It’s pretty clear that the work done to the track is no different to what has been done previously in the past. Quick rush job to paper over the cracks - quite literally.

How anyone can defend this is plain crazy.

Until this track has had major work to it in the winter it will always be dangerous and a risk for riders. Whether the racing has improved is irrelevant to the safety of the circuit.

I wasn’t there last night which is obvious but when Josh says it was a racing incident with no intent then intend to believe his word. He is the one involved. Some supporters only see what they want to see tho.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You can clearly see a heel has gone in and pushed down. It’s even foot shaped!

And if the base was suitably bound together no holes as such would appear! Why would a rider go out of their way to create a hole on a track they’re due to race on!!??? It’s clearly soft as s**t

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The point being if that’s true then they have easily found a hole that is STILL there, undeniable proof!

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

It’s pretty clear that the work done to the track is no different to what has been done previously in the past. Quick rush job to paper over the cracks - quite literally.

Until this track has had major work to it in the winter it will always be dangerous and a risk for riders. Whether the racing has improved is irrelevant to the safety of the circuit.

%0

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I wasn’t there last night which is obvious but when Josh says it was a racing incident with no intent then intend to believe his word. He is the one involved. Some supporters only see what they want to see tho.

Did you listen to Joshs comments about the Poole track on the Belle Vue v Poole match on Monday? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Don't think it can be an old video just thinking about it.When did Cook and Lambert last ride together for King's Lynn down at Poole with their pre meeting King's Lynn attire on.

Just a suggestion, I didn't say that is what I thought, I wouldn't call it a hole more like a rut .

Just now, Arthur54 said:

Did you listen to Joshs comments about the Poole track on the Belle Vue v Poole match on Monday? 

And? Holes don’t suddenly appear when a foot presses into them!!

Poole is a superb race track, or used to be. The state of the base is a huge issue until rectified. 

The track has been rectified. Smooth and new shale. Rides beautifully. All done with huge laser grader a couple of weeks ago.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

The track has been rectified. Smooth and new shale. Rides beautifully. All done with huge laser grader a couple of weeks ago.  

When big ruts appear with a press of the foot it has not been rectified. I just hope the racing and safety is nothing like it was when the cameras were last there. 

Poole used to be one of my favourite tracks to watch racing on when it used to be great.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

You have to admit Gavan we are doing extremely well considering all the injuries, wait till we get a settled side 

You mean in the meetings so far where your guests and R/R have managed to score more than the riders that usually ride for Poole

Wells got 9 last night...........more than every home meeting Covatti has ridden in except 1

R/R continues to outscore what Worrall had been doing 

Yes when this Poole team gets settled then i would be very happy for us to take you on over 2 legs

Meanwhile we have lost our free scoring reserve who has been replaced by numerous riders who scored nowhere near what Allen could have.................and we still picking up points.....

Cant wait to take 4 points off of the Pirates very soon

34 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You are a total imbecile if you think that a rider has gone up to the track and put his foot down and made a nice dirty hole for him and his fellow professionals to race on and put them all in danger

Also how awful is the track if (as you say) a foot caused it............means the track is soft 

Poole should be fined for the way their track is ........

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

You mean in the meetings so far where your guests and R/R have managed to score more than the riders that usually ride for Poole

Wells got 9 last night...........more than every home meeting Covatti has ridden in except 1

Yes when this Poole team gets settled then i would be very happy for us to take you on over 2 legs

Meanwhile we have lost our free scoring reserve who has been replaced by numerous riders who scored nowhere near what Allen could have.................and we still picking up points.....

Like i said earlier, will this be the Poole team you will probably meet in the playoffs, you know very well come the playoffs we move up another gear 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Wells rode well although it was only against Kerr and Ayres, I think we should sign him when released which won't happen until Aarnio is back from injury.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I knew you wore high heels, certainly won't discriminate, each to their own and all that