British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem. 4/7/19

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You can clearly see a heel has gone in and pushed down. It’s even foot shaped!

Was a left foot or a right foot?  Was a steel shoe worn?  What size footwear was it?

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You can clearly see a heel has gone in and pushed down. It’s even foot shaped!

With a foot the size of a yeti:wink:.

On a side note to get tongues wagging.Rules don't really make it clear but was Wells a legitimate guest last night?Not in a declared PL team at the time so should they had been able to use his established PL average.Or should they have used his converted CL average.

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

With a foot the size of a yeti:wink:.

On a side note to get tongues wagging.Rules don't really make it clear but was Wells a legitimate guest last night?Not in a declared PL team at the time so should they had been able to use his established PL average.Or should they have used his converted CL average.

Should be his Championship average. Who did he replace? 

4 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Covatti.

3 hours ago, acef said:

Imagine running over that mid slide at 50mph, you are going to catapult and hurt yourself and potentially others.

TBH it's getting boring keep repeating the same stuff week on week. Poole should be fined for that. Until they are properly reprimanded then it will continue. 

Thanks for the photos, hopefully shut a few of the wallys up!

Was Craig Cook doing headstands on our beautifully prepared track????

• Like 1

I looked at this thread last night when I got in from the meeting but I refrained from getting involved then. I've now had the time and opportunity of going through it all. Yes sad I know!!

The meeting was a good close meeting with some terriffic racing and overtaking with not a single crash or fall until the Cook incident in heat 15. From my position in the main grandstand Cook's move looked deliberate and intentional but if he apologised to Josh then fair play.  I would suggest that if that move had happened earlier in the meeting he could well have been thrown out of the meeting there and then - apology or no apology - just my opinion!!  (The fact that Nicolai had to be held back by Middlo says it all imo).

The 'hole' that Cook video'd on the track walk and which was made worse by riders scuffing it, (I watched them do it!) was also spotted by Middlo and was packed down by the track staff before the meeting began. It didn't cause any rider from either team any issue thereafter!

The Stars were a 2-man team - something that Peter Shroeck has commented on - and particularly disappointing were Riss and MPT compared to previous visits - but I'm sire things will be entirely different on Monday despite the Pirates having won twice already at the AFA.

Still, patched up or not the 3 Pirates plus guests will still give it a go.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 89buttons said:

29BF98E9-CDF1-4BFF-8BA7-8152E232F0FE.png

Surely that's a base problem. The shale on the track can't be that deep.

Ive head that Kelv has picked his new dirtometer for Poole's home meetings.

Auto mechanic holding a giant screwdriver

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Haha 2

Thats what caused it in the first place!!!:party:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

If that was to be the case then he was used as an illegal guest.

Classic replays from the poole fans. Not even a picture is enough, intact Sholvar blames the riders! Wow!

Anyway, let's just hope they sort it in the winter.

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Surely that's a base problem. The shale on the track can't be that deep.

Ive head that Kelv has picked his new dirtometer for Poole's home meetings.

Auto mechanic holding a giant screwdriver

Shale will be that deep. Often deeper in some cases. Just not binding properly. The base isn't even. I was watching that crash format week and you see the track was still wavy.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, acef said:

He has removed it.

But I need to be clear with the usual Poole lot here, there WAS a huge hole on bend 3.

Why cant people just accept it?

Maybe if there was evidence of it we would..? Far be it for me to follow someone who 'doesn't care' what his fans think. 

5 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

He had a little knock on the head i believe, that is why he stopped supporting Swindon and changed clubs i wonder if he supported Poole when they were bottom of the league??

I would say getting some common sense would make you stop supporting Swindon.  

5 hours ago, 89buttons said:

BB97A232-FA7A-4445-B05E-0C046BA95164.png

Oh come one, they did that themselves!! Dear lord. 

• Like 1