British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem. 4/7/19

4 hours ago, Midland Red said:

And your proof that it was premeditated is . . . . . ?

Everyone at the stadium seems to think so, and they were there so.....

3 hours ago, Aviator said:

He’s only ever a passenger on a speedway bike anyway, so any hope of him riding with skill is non existent. As for his extreme rudeness towards the paying public and referee, he should be heavily fined and banned for at least 4 matches. I would also hope that his Team GB bosses throw him out of the SON competition..

What did he do to the paying public? He does seem to have a problem understanding where has wages come from..

I know the question has already been asked, but did the riders complain to anyone about it? 

No track remedial work took place, so I can only gather from that, they didnt.

The referee did come over to bend 3,which delayed the start by a few minutes, but only to check out the air fence.

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

"seems to think" is not proof!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Everyone?  I don't believe you :rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, semion said:

All you have to do is feed Stevie and he never disappoints :icon_smile_clown:

What absolute prize plum he is.

So what about Bob's post about the hole not being there when they were at bend 1??

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

I looked at this thread last night when I got in from the meeting but I refrained from getting involved then. I've now had the time and opportunity of going through it all. Yes sad I know!!

The meeting was a good close meeting with some terriffic racing and overtaking with not a single crash or fall until the Cook incident in heat 15. From my position in the main grandstand Cook's move looked deliberate and intentional but if he apologised to Josh then fair play.  I would suggest that if that move had happened earlier in the meeting he could well have been thrown out of the meeting there and then - apology or no apology - just my opinion!!  (The fact that Nicolai had to be held back by Middlo says it all imo).

The 'hole' that Cook video'd on the track walk and which was made worse by riders scuffing it, (I watched them do it!) was also spotted by Middlo and was packed down by the track staff before the meeting began. It didn't cause any rider from either team any issue thereafter!

The Stars were a 2-man team - something that Peter Shroeck has commented on - and particularly disappointing were Riss and MPT compared to previous visits - but I'm sire things will be entirely different on Monday despite the Pirates having won twice already at the AFA.

Still, patched up or not the 3 Pirates plus guests will still give it a go.

So there we go another rider thought it was intentional. 

So KL riders made the holes worse? They really are a bunch of idiots.

Edited by lisa-colette

10 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

"seems to think" is not proof!

More proof than you have!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Everyone?  I don't believe you :rolleyes:

I'm very worried about that..

Stars were a 2 man team 

But can someone please explain why Poole fans think MPT goes well there? His figures suggest otherwise 

Think the real Poole fans need to speak to Shovlar and Starman and tell them what they think

Klindt held back by Middlo lol.... I’m sure Klindt if he really wanted to could have got past Middlo

Im glad we don’t face Lynn at home anymore...... disgusting what their riders do the track making huge potholes and endangering other riders 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The proof is that Cook has apologised .

Thats not proof it was pre-meditated!! Its proof that Cook believes he made a mistake not that he did it deliberately 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Isotonic said:

Is this a pub in the Poole area? 

Ought to be, it's legendary!

12 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

Thats not proof it was pre-meditated!! Its proof that Cook believes he made a mistake not that he did it deliberately 

It is proof that he thought what he did was wrong and needed to apologise, just like Kyrgios should have done yesterday.

23 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Stars were a 2 man team 

But can someone please explain why Poole fans think MPT goes well there? His figures suggest otherwise 

Think the real Poole fans need to speak to Shovlar and Starman and tell them what they think

Klindt held back by Middlo lol.... I’m sure Klindt if he really wanted to could have got past Middlo

Im glad we don’t face Lynn at home anymore...... disgusting what their riders do the track making huge potholes and endangering other riders 

He has had a good meeting at Poole, prob was in last 2/3 years. Thought you would have had it with all your stats.

• Haha 1