British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON finals Togliatti Sat/Sun July 20th/21st Live on BT Sport

Day 1 draw and line-up

Black Monster FIM Speedway of Nations Final Togliatti (RUS) – 20-21.07.2019 - STARTING LIST DAY 1

Germany team 1  Erik Riss  2 Kai Huckenbeck © 3 Lukas Fienhage Team Manager Herbert Rudolph

Denmark team 2 1 Leon Madsen  2 Niels Kristian Iversen © 3 Frederik Jakobsen Team Manager Hans Nielsen

Australia team 3 1 Jason Doyle ©  2 Max Fricke 3 Jaimon Lidsey Team Manager Mark Lemon 

Poland team 4  Maciej Janowski  2 Bartosz Zmarzlik 3 Maksym Drabik Team Manager Marek Cieślak

Russia team 5  1 Emil Sayfutdinov ©  2 Artem Laguta 3 Gleb Chugunov Team Manager Igor Dmitriev

Sweden team 6  1 Fredrik Lindgren ©  2 Peter Ljung 3 Filip Hjelmland Team Manager Morgan Andersson

team GB  team 7 1 Craig Cook ©  2 Chris Harris 3 Robert Lambert Team Manager Alun Rossiter

Day 2 draw

Germany team 1  1 Erik Riss  2 Kai Huckenbeck © 3 Lukas Fienhage Team Manager Herbert Rudolph

Australia team 2  1 Jason Doyle ©  2 Max Fricke 3 Jaimon Lidsey Team Manager Mark Lemon

Sweden team 3  1 Fredrik Lindgren ©  2 Peter Ljung 3 Filip Hjelmland Team Manager Morgan Andersson

Poland team 4  1 Maciej Janowski  2 Bartosz Zmarzlik 3 Maksym Drabik Team Manager Marek Cieślak

Russia team 5 1 Emil Sayfutdinov ©  2 Artem Laguta 3 Gleb Chugunov Team Manager Igor Dmitriev

team GB team 6  1 Craig Cook ©  2 Chris Harris 3 Robert Lambert Team Manager Alun Rossiter

Denmark team 7 1 Leon Madsen   2 Niels Kristian Iversen © 3 Frederik Jakobsen Team Manager Hans Nielsen

Edited by racers and royals

Still hopeful for this meeting in terms of racing even with TW out. Would have like to see Lindback in for Ljung though. 

Togliatti might be a leveller and give GB a better chance at sneaking 5th ahead of the Swedes. Cook rode well in the SGP challenge in 2017 on the same track (albeit flooded) 

Would love to see a full strength 4 man team event though. Pol v Den v Rus v Aus. That would be sensational. 

25 minutes ago, James Carter said:

Would love to see a full strength 4 man team event though. Pol v Den v Rus v Aus. That would be sensational. 

Poland could put 2 teams out and get silver & gold. Denmark would get Bronze.

I loved the Speedway World Cup but I can't see it making a return while Poland are so far ahead of everyone else.

On 7/8/2019 at 7:42 PM, Col said:

Poland could put 2 teams out and get silver & gold. Denmark would get Bronze.

I loved the Speedway World Cup but I can't see it making a return while Poland are so far ahead of everyone else.

I think it would be a lot closer than you might think especially if held away from Poland. Consider that Russia have Emil, Laguta x 2 and Gleb. Denmark have LM, NP,  NKI and Mikkelsen. They would run any polish team close. Perhaps lose by 5-10 points in Poland but outside Poland I reckon they could take it to the last couple of heats. Can you remember the year when Sweden had no right to win but did?! 

Anyway onwards and upwards. 

It will always go to the last couple of heats. No matter what.

It's the nature of the format.

And (even with the adjustments this year) it will still be possible to bugger up the tactics in the final and throw it away right at the end.

Edited by Grand Central

I'm a little disappointed that Rosco didn't have a punt with Charles Wright for this, rather than his old mate Harris.  He's been in good form lately.  Earlier this year I bet on the Aussies so will be secretly hoping they can do something :)

On 8 July 2019 at 5:13 PM, racers and royals said:

Day 1 draw and line-up

Black Monster FIM Speedway of Nations Final Togliatti (RUS) – 20-21.07.2019 - STARTING LIST DAY 1

Germany team 1  Erik Riss  2 Kai Huckenbeck © 3 Lukas Fienhage Team Manager Herbert Rudolph

Denmark team 2 1 Leon Madsen  2 Niels Kristian Iversen © 3 Frederik Jakobsen Team Manager Hans Nielsen

Australia team 3 1 Jason Doyle ©  2 Max Fricke 3 Jaimon Lidsey Team Manager Mark Lemon 

Poland team 4  Maciej Janowski  2 Bartosz Zmarzlik 3 Maksym Drabik Team Manager Marek Cieślak

Russia team 5  1 Emil Sayfutdinov ©  2 Artem Laguta 3 Gleb Chugunov Team Manager Igor Dmitriev

Sweden team 6  1 Fredrik Lindgren ©  2 Peter Ljung 3 Filip Hjelmland Team Manager Morgan Andersson

team GB  team 7 1 Craig Cook ©  2 Chris Harris 3 Robert Lambert Team Manager Alun Rossiter

Day 2 draw

Germany team 1  1 Erik Riss  2 Kai Huckenbeck © 3 Lukas Fienhage Team Manager Herbert Rudolph

Australia team 2  1 Jason Doyle ©  2 Max Fricke 3 Jaimon Lidsey Team Manager Mark Lemon

Sweden team 3  1 Fredrik Lindgren ©  2 Peter Ljung 3 Filip Hjelmland Team Manager Morgan Andersson

Poland team 4  1 Maciej Janowski  2 Bartosz Zmarzlik 3 Maksym Drabik Team Manager Marek Cieślak

Russia team 5 1 Emil Sayfutdinov ©  2 Artem Laguta 3 Gleb Chugunov Team Manager Igor Dmitriev

team GB team 6  1 Craig Cook ©  2 Chris Harris 3 Robert Lambert Team Manager Alun Rossiter

Denmark team 7 1 Leon Madsen   2 Niels Kristian Iversen © 3 Frederik Jakobsen Team Manager Hans Nielsen

Team GB????  I thought that it was going to be, properly, "Great Britain" instead of that nonsense Americanisation crap

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

Team GB????  I thought that it was going to be, properly, "Great Britain" instead of that nonsense Americanisation crap

The FIM have called it ACU !!!! so i thought i wouldn`t use that :)

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

The FIM have called it ACU !!!! so i thought i wouldn`t use that :)

BSI have spoken to BT and they should now be aware of the start start both in Togliatti and here ...

5 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BSI have spoken to BT and they should now be aware of the start start both in Togliatti and here ...

Thanks Philip for what you did, i was able to post(page 1) whilst the forum was running on Monday that BT have changed their schedule( they have had to change channel on the 2nd day  !)

Saturday July 20th BT Sport 1 programme starts 3.45pm

Sunday July 21st BT Sport 2 programme starts 3.45pm

Edited by racers and royals

Sorry if I’ve missed it somewhere but where is Smolinski? 

Smolinski would have been first choice, but for personal reasons he has opted out of the SoN this year. His partner is expecting their first baby and Smoli has informed the German team manager Peppi Rudolph that he wants to be by her side, rather than make the long trip to Russia.  

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:55 PM, SPEEDY69 said:

I'm a little disappointed that Rosco didn't have a punt with Charles Wright for this, rather than his old mate Harris.  He's been in good form lately.  Earlier this year I bet on the Aussies so will be secretly hoping they can do something :)

Not sure how well Charles has been going, but I would also think that it might have been better to go with someone of that ilk - such as Wright or Ellis. Harris is, to all intents and purposes, reserve anyway. Lambert will get the rides. So it might have been an opportunity to give someone some top level experience.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Not sure how well Charles has been going, but I would also think that it might have been better to go with someone of that ilk - such as Wright or Ellis. Harris is, to all intents and purposes, reserve anyway. Lambert will get the rides. So it might have been an opportunity to give someone some top level experience.

I would have put Lambert in the team and Bewley at reserve.  I know Bewley isnt the same since his very bad injuries last year, but come next year he will be back on form. Would have been just a brilliant experience for him, that would see him all the better for it.

• Like 2