British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON finals Togliatti Sat/Sun July 20th/21st Live on BT Sport

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I would have put Lambert in the team and Bewley at reserve.  I know Bewley isnt the same since his very bad injuries last year, but come next year he will be back on form. Would have been just a brilliant experience for him, that would see him all the better for it.

Agree ,Think it would have been more sensible to put Lambert in Team and Bewley reserve.Harris has had his day representing GB.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Agree ,Think it would have been more sensible to put Lambert in Team and Bewley reserve.Harris has had his day representing GB.

Bewley looks shot to pieces.  Hope he can regain his confidence. 

7 hours ago, Mark said:

Bewley looks shot to pieces.  Hope he can regain his confidence. 

That was probably his first crash since last August, the big one. Maybe having a crash will help. Yes he had problems last night afterwards, but the crash was not his fault. (Positive), he was laughing with paramedics whilst still on the track (positive) and he didn’t give up, he was trotting in the pits (positive) and he got back on to try to race (positive). Give him a winters rest (was going to use the word “break”), and his full confidence, hopefully will be back.

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

That was probably his first crash since last August, the big one. Maybe having a crash will help. Yes he had problems last night afterwards, but the crash was not his fault. (Positive), he was laughing with paramedics whilst still on the track (positive) and he didn’t give up, he was trotting in the pits (positive) and he got back on to try to race (positive). Give him a winters rest (was going to use the word “break”), and his full confidence, hopefully will be back.

I hope so too.

Obviously not so much monday night itself, but longer term having a big crash like that and all his injuries holding up can only fill the lad with confidence, which should allow him to attack the track that extra 2 or 3 percent harder. Which makes all the difference at the top level. Seems genuinely likeable and humble young man every time I ve seen him speak as well.

• Like 2

Track will be a leveller. Cook goes well here and is a trapper, always useful on a gaters track.

Dont agree with taking Harris. We have to start moving past this to be quite honest. His day at this level is done and frankly we have better riders that could take it, namely Dan Bewley. Injury or not, for the experience this is the time to start blooding the younger riders, it's a golden opportunity to give them international experience but we dont, because we 'think we can win it'

It drives me mad. This is the very reason we dont make progress because we take past it has beens that are stepping on the toes of the next generation and I'll never agree with it.

Bomber is patriotic and I'm sure a top human who will love this opportunity but he should never have been on the plane.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2019 at 1:55 PM, SPEEDY69 said:

I'm a little disappointed that Rosco didn't have a punt with Charles Wright for this, rather than his old mate Harris.  He's been in good form lately.  Earlier this year I bet on the Aussies so will be secretly hoping they can do something :)

On 7/15/2019 at 9:43 AM, Grachan said:

Not sure how well Charles has been going, but I would also think that it might have been better to go with someone of that ilk - such as Wright or Ellis. Harris is, to all intents and purposes, reserve anyway. Lambert will get the rides. So it might have been an opportunity to give someone some top level experience.

On 7/15/2019 at 10:21 AM, OveFundinFan said:

I would have put Lambert in the team and Bewley at reserve.  I know Bewley isnt the same since his very bad injuries last year, but come next year he will be back on form. Would have been just a brilliant experience for him, that would see him all the better for it.

Not sure about Charles Wright, but on current form, Richard Lawson would have been my choice

9 hours ago, acef said:

Track will be a leveller. Cook goes well here and is a trapper, always useful on a gaters track.

Dont agree with taking Harris. We have to start moving past this to be quite honest. His day at this level is done and frankly we have better riders that could take it, namely Dan Bewley. Injury or not, for the experience this is the time to start blooding the younger riders, it's a golden opportunity to give them international experience but we dont, because we 'think we can win it'

It drives me mad. This is the very reason we dont make progress because we take past it has beens that are stepping on the toes of the next generation and I'll never agree with it.

Bomber is patriotic and I'm sure a top human who will love this opportunity but he should never have been on the plane.

Bomber has qualified for the gp challenge on merit, so surely he is the man to take. That's my opinion.

4 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Bomber has qualified for the gp challenge on merit, so surely he is the man to take. That's my opinion.

No problem with that though IMO as Team GB have no hope of winning and virtually no hope of getting a medal itcwas the chance to bring in one of the younger riders.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, acef said:

Sadly I believe we will once again hear T&P say "and Harris is at the back". His day at this level was long ago.

Edited by waytogo28
correction
  • Like 1

The future of British speedway is NOT with Chris Harris, he had his day, and he had some very good days, but they have gone. Team GB management should be building for the future. GB is not going to be on the podium this year now that Tai is out, so it was a chance to take the bull by the horns and put new blood in. So, a combination of experience and youth would be good. Cook has experience at GP level and of the Togliatti track, Lambert has the youth and experience, so who should be the third rider. To build for the future it should be someone younger, someone with a future (rather then a past). That someone had to be the likes of Dan Bewley, someone with potential to go forward. Missed opportunity in my mind.

• Like 2

Should have been Bewley as screm says. Bomber is the best of the rest on foreign shores, riders like Wright, Lawson, King, Worrall etc wont get any better so pointless taking them. 

• Like 3

Not sure I agree. It is a two day meeting and anything can happen.And then an out of form Bewley thrown in against the best in the world might only hamper his comeback to his best even more. Take him along as part of the team to gain experience by all means

Edited by iris123
  • Like 3