British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON finals Togliatti Sat/Sun July 20th/21st Live on BT Sport

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Remember the meeting at Poole in 2004 that had everything. Ok it was WTC but still it was so superior to this. 

Was that the Rempala/Havelock dancing one?  I miss Keith Millard, never thought I'd say that.

• Like 1

Just now, nw42 said:

Was that the Rempala/Havelock dancing one?  I miss Keith Millard, never thought I'd say that.

You mean TONY Millard?  Keith rode for Exeter...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chunky said:

You mean TONY Millard?  Keith rode for Exeter...

Yes, cheers, I'm 80 you know.

Just now, nw42 said:

Tony put years on us all! :rofl:

• Like 1

Just now, OveFundinFan said:

Other then that everything is ok.

Spelling/grammar rubbish - should be THAN... :nono:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Had the lot. Except the right result. Packed crowd, superb racing, high drama, massive controversy. 

5 minutes ago, nw42 said:

Are you seriously?

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Are you seriously?

I was thinking the exact same thing.  Seriously!

Agree Bomber is way under par. BUT he didn’t pick the GB team  When Woffinden got injured our chances of a podium finish in Russia disappeared. Bewley should have been taken for the experience.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Agree Bomber is way under par. BUT he didn’t pick the GB team  When Woffinden got injured our chances of a podium finish in Russia disappeared. Bewley should have been taken for the experience.

He could of turned it down 

9 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Come off it Bomber. In this week's SS he shows how delusional he is. Chris Harris is one of the most exciting speedway racers GB have produced this century and riding within UK speedway he can be seen at his best - still at his best. But to claim that he will be like Hancock and develop into a world-beater in his 40's is ludicrous. Bomber,  Greg H is a consistently good gater - 2 or 4 from five at his best, whereas you gate 1 in 5 and that means at the top-level - world-class, you will never be better than you are. If you were to reach the dizzy heights of the GP it would have been in the years following your magnificent British GP victory in 2007. Unless you know that in the twilight of your career ( in world class terms ) you can find some Greg Hancock like-gating gloves and reactions from the start, be happy that so many UK fans appreciate you as a top league racer. I will donate £25 to the SRBF for every one of your heat wins in the SON Finals. If we get to the finals.

Ah well, I have not yet had to "eat my words" as some suggested. Although we do have the final day of the Finals to come and Bomber ( of whom I am a Big fan when racing in the UK ) might surprise us and make me pay the £25 per race win he gains on Sunday. It doesn't look much like it unless he rides someone elses bike. My bet is still on and it was kind of Kelvin Tatum to say that "Chris Harris is not at the races at this level" so I wasn't talking complete rubbish then. But as for a few World crowns in his 40's I just don't see that somehow.

As the SRBF is a charity close to my heart I will donate £25 if Bomber fails to take the chequered flag for a race win on Sunday.