British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON finals Togliatti Sat/Sun July 20th/21st Live on BT Sport

Injuries have robbed us of our best two riders but even taken that into consideration this is a pathetic performance from Team GB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Wow even getting smashed up by the Germans,,,, can it get more embarrassing 

Possibly, remember we still have to have one race with one rider, as punishment I would make Harris go on his own.

1 minute ago, Baldyman said:

So if Russia win,,, will be more of this awful following around next year here? 

No. It’s not Eurovision.

So it's just random that they won last year and it's there this year

Edited by Baldyman

Pairs racing can be pretty rubbish can't it?

The SWC had four riders all racing for every point..

This format however has riders not racing each other if they are consolidating a position, be it a 5-1 or a 3-3, and even if on a 1-5 the last place rider will be loathe to put their own partner under pressure..

Not a patch on the SWC for racing is it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, acef said:

Perhaps. But at least we gave it a go

and I’m resting assured that with tai leading, we wouldn’t fail

I doubt it would make much difference tbh. I think the answer lies in the strength of the domestic leagues. It's no coincidence that Poland, Sweden, Denmark and Germany have better/stronger leagues than GB, which is where riders really learn their trade

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

So it's just random that they won last year and it's there this year

No it was the rules right up until today but as it’s been so crap, speedway being speedway they will change the rules immediately 

Tai really doesn't seem to have any respect for Rosco. 

But Tai is bang on with his comments.  We should have had another under 21 rider there for the experience (as it turns out, would have got a ride).    Rosco is clueless at this level, is there any reason why Tai could not do both jobs next season, and be team manager, maybe with Peter Adams?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

BIT unfair ... Peter Collins unbeaten in three successive World Team Cup Finals... Tatum, Jessup, Davis, Morton to mentioned just a few

Bit unfair, how can you have the audacity especially as a journalist not to back me up as Kenny was Brit through and through

I can't understand what went wrong there. I was so sure, that Bomber would have his set up right.

• Haha 2