British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON finals Togliatti Sat/Sun July 20th/21st Live on BT Sport

24 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

If anyone expected anything other than last then you need to give your head a wobble. 

We have 1 world class rider. (Injured)

1 great rider in Lambert (injured)

1 decent UK rider and good at this track (injured)

Andb1 has been. Great servent to team GB but shouldnt be anywhere near the squad. 

We need to forget this year and learn from it

Totally agree. Our best three riders have all ended up being injured after two laps of our first heat, yes Bewley should have been out there rather than Bomber if he was fit but other than that and possibly needing a new TM an awful lot of the criticism has been way OTT. We came second last year with our best three riders and might have done well with them this year so let’s calm down a little and just accept it’s not been our year. 

No reason why Woffy, Robert and Bewley can’t give it a good go next year if the format is the same. 

• Like 2

Congratulations to the Russians. 

Probably the worst weekend of speedway I’ve watched.

Pray to god they bring a GP here.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

SAFER and easier to ride doesn't mean poor racing. I give you the NSS...

The exception that proves the rule. Among the many reasons I stopped going to meetings was because I tired of hearing riders describing a track as great (because it gave them an easy ride) yet the racing was dull for those who had paid to watch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nw42 said:

No need to explain, doesn't matter what language you're speaking in, calling someone a sh!thouse and a good man is contradictory 

Ok, I’ll bite.

When I’m talking during an event like this I’m referring to what said rider is doing on his motorcycle. It’s not personal. I don’t know the man.

Its really very simple. On a motorbike, at this level, he is a rubbish house.

Im sure Craig is a very patriotic, decent human being. Just like bomber.

Hope you understand.

8 minutes ago, mikebv said:

To be fair...

Both Nigel and Kelvin didn't cover themselves in glory either..

Many poor interpretations of what had just happened on track, and why, and not knowing the rules of the competition either..

Normally have no issues with them as they often struggle manfully to make racing sound much better than it is to project a better image of the sport, but not their finest couple of days..

PS.

I don't think Nigel agrees that the winners should win the meeting with just "Four laps and sixty seconds of racing", nor do I think he appreciates the SWC now being a "World Pairs" competition..:D

WASN'T their best night, I agree, but commentating from a studio thousands of miles away will always be an issue.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mikebv said:

To be fair...

Both Nigel and Kelvin didn't cover themselves in glory either..

Many poor interpretations of what had just happened on track, and why, and not knowing the rules of the competition either..

Normally have no issues with them as they often struggle manfully to make racing sound much better than it is to project a better image of the sport, but not their finest couple of days..

PS.

I don't think Nigel agrees that the winners should win the meeting with just "Four laps and sixty seconds of racing", nor do I think he appreciates the SWC now being a "World Pairs" competition..:D

Bit harsh on them .they did inform us that Russia won the ice world speedway on the same track when there was ice on it .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sommelier said:

The Only true Brit to put on a English race jacket was Kenny Carter

Don’t think you should be holding that paragon of virtue up as a role model.

9 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

and possibly needing a new TM

No possibly about it. The Russian man, Igor, was better and he did nothing. All Rosco had to do was look glum. And yes I am sorry that I will be sending only £25 to the SRBF, had those cheering on Bomber been right it could have been up to £250. When are those new Greg Hancock gating gloves being delivered Bomber?

I am amazed that the GB TM did not have the good grace to be interviewed on the overall Team GB performance for the weekend and felt it appropriate to leave it to the youngest member in the team. You can bet your bottom dollar he would have been all over the screen had we won.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

No possibly about it. The Russian man, Igor, was better and he did nothing. All Rosco had to do was look glum. And yes I am sorry that I will be sending only £25 to the SRBF, had those cheering on Bomber been right it could have been up to £250. When are those new Greg Hancock gating gloves being delivered Bomber?

The only problem I see with Rosco is that he and Tai don’t get on and that nothing new, it’s been the case for several seasons. Assuming they can still work together after this weekend I don’t personally see the point in changing the TM. 

• Like 1

I find it interesting when there are moans about how poor it was (&it was). Yet will also say World Finals in "Good Old Days" better.. I watched one (fairly recently) fron the 70's (exact year eludes me) with all the "Greats" Olsen, Briss, Mauger etc . O.K. big crowd improved atmosphere , a decent commentator (!!) but  the racing was FTG & essentally garbage. But hey! Good Old Days!!

Remember Tai saying something about other team managers take their team out to nice restaurants but Rosco takes them out to the local Kebab house 

At least the many, many thousands turned up in the 1970s ( whichever year it was you were watching ) to help create an atmosphere. So really there was little point in inventing speedway in the Good Old, Old Days ( 1923 or 1928 ) because it has never got any better. It was it seems, icicle, all pointless and as I have said before 100 half-lap dashes per match would give more excitement.