British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON finals Togliatti Sat/Sun July 20th/21st Live on BT Sport

2 hours ago, sommelier said:

The Only true Brit to put on a English race jacket was Kenny Carter

Bollocks!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JCookie said:

This should be a defining night for British Speedway, we're making good progress as a nation at youth level, but the top of the tree is rotten. This should be the wake-up call that's clearly needed to have a proper clearout of the old guard and start instilling some professionalism.

I have nothing but respect for the changes the new guys have made so far, but keeping Rossiter as team manager was a bad decision from the get-go. The guy seems to be living in an age where GB weren't expected to win anything, they could all have a good laugh and as long as they entertained and give it a go, it was a good night's work. That doesn't work in modern day speedway. Rossiter just comes across as a bit of a clown, I can't imagine anyone turning up on a raceday and respecting him, least of all a self made 3 time world champion.

I've never been a great lover of Tai Woffinden, but dear me, is he needed by Team GB at present. His ideas, determination and courage to actually air his views are what we need if we're ever going to get anywhere. It might put a few noses out of joint but we need to get away from this plucky GB crap to being an actual professional speedway nation ASAP if we want to win anything. A new team manager is a must. I'd say they could also do with looking at all these backroom/hangers on team, a standby rider is far more important than a 'Head of Performance' (what exactly was he doing this weekend?!). I'd love to see someone with a bit of gravitas come in to manage the side, along with a younger understudy to be groomed for the future - something like a Peter Adams & Olly Allen/Simon Stead/Scott Nicholls combo.

As for the meeting, without doubt the worst speedway I've seen in a long, long time. I've watched this sport since I was a kid, probably around 20 years and that's the first time I've switched the channel off and watched something else instead of live speedway. Why on earth are there 42 heats to give us 1 semi and 1 final? What is the exact point of Saturday's meeting? Do they even look at tracks before they decide to award them with the pinnacle of world speedway? Presumably the answer to all those questions is that nobody has any idea. The whole event just felt flat as a fart, there was no tension or drama, the GP qualification on a Friday night has more about it than this did.

Pearson and Tatum add absolutely nothing to the event either - I'm sure Tatum is a lovely bloke, and very experienced, but he isn't a great commentator and time to get him doing more pits analysis. Pearson, where do you start? The final straw for me was him laughing and joking about the rules being so complicated and "we'll worry about them later"! It's a World Cup final, it happens once a year and you're not clear on the rules? Why is he laughing at the fact the rules are a little bit complex? Imagine Darren Fletcher doing that in a Champions League final? His commentary is going out on the world feed and he makes the sport look a joke. Clearly he has plenty control over the BSPA now along with many sycophants so it's p1ssing in the wind.

Let's hope for better next year - Woffinden, Lambert and Bewley, on a better track and with a decent team manager.

You have summed it up nicely, but nothing will change it never does.

• Like 1

It just highlighted what most fans know in World Speedway terms at Top Level we are a long way behind, and it will be a number of years before we catch up ( if ever).

For me, after this weekend Rosco has to go. 

As a manager, he should be there to advise and manage his rider's. Everyone can see the curb was the place to be. I don't blame Craig for leaving the door open as I'm sure after his races he'd of been in his pit trying to sort stuff out and had no time to watch other races. This is where the manager comes in but clearly nothing was said. 

The team selection and rider availability was truly abysmally organised by Rosco as there was clearly no plan for issues. In Speedway injuries happen so to have a reliance on Harris was pathetic management. 

6 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

As a manager, he should be there to advise and manage his rider's. Everyone can see the curb was the place to be. I don't blame Craig for leaving the door open as I'm sure after his races he'd of been in his pit trying to sort stuff out and had no time to watch other races. This is where the manager comes in but clearly nothing was said. 

The team selection and rider availability was truly abysmally organised by Rosco as there was clearly no plan for issues. In Speedway injuries happen so to have a reliance on Harris was pathetic management. 

Very fair point. No disrespect meant to Harris but I wouldn't say that he is in the top league of riders anymore. I understand Woffy is injured? Rosco should have gone with selecting another youngster in place of Bomber. Nothing to lose but everything to gain had we done well. 

• Like 1

Never saw yesterday’s meeting and was told yesterday’s was worse than today’s ? Awful meeting no racing just gate and go - whatever has happened to our sport ?  

• Like 3

Fail to see why Rosco needed anybody else to help him look after 3 riders who were not even out in every heat ,don’t know how many helpers he needs for a league match.:blink:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Cook has Tweeted to say he couldn’t hold on. 

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Telling it as it is. And about time too. Not sitting on the fence. Offered to go to RUSSIA AND RIDE EVEN INJURED.

Knowing that it wasn't possible though. I don't think you can get a visa, yourself and your bikes over to Russia at the drop of a hat. It's not like getting an Isle Of Wight Ferry. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Richard Weston said:

Bewley would have been totally out of his depth.

Possibly but he has time and potential on his side so would have learned from the experience while being no worse than Bomber. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Cook has Tweeted to say he couldn’t hold on. 

Not a good sign for Thursday. With Lynn being so grippy.  Hope Lambo's not to bad either :(

Thought it could only get better today. Absolute nightmare. Got to take a extra rider. Give the next SON a viewing. If it is as bad as these 2 i will give up on it. Bad for different reasons of course re GB. 

So they got rid of the SWC for this.

The idea of Poland winning by miles year after year was so bad that it had to be stopped.

And in its place they give us THIS.

In just about every respect. Utter crap.

• Like 5

Its Monty Rossiters flying circus. What a garbage two days of so called racing that was, Anymore TV meetings from this dump and I for one certainly wont be tuning in, what a shocking advert for the sport.