British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON finals Togliatti Sat/Sun July 20th/21st Live on BT Sport

2 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Who are they? PL, SE, DK and GB might do it but the rest cant and cant afford it financially. Thats why SWC was scrapped and SoN introduced. It’s one meeting less with a smaller number of people involved, you do the math.

I think we know that.

But that does not excuse them creating such a crap competition with a crap name, using the crappiest format and rules possible, on probably the crappiest track and with the crappiest referee they could find. And they running it over two days so that the really crappy nature of it could be drawn out for the longest time possible.

They all had a duty to do better once they had made the decision to replace the SWC.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mark said:

where did you hear that ?

That's what was being said in russia 

Year after year the World Cup produced some of the best racing and some of speedway's most dramatic moments. 

Sure it wasn't perfect, but the quest to 'improve' it has left us with a half hearted pile of rubbish.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The four rider team format proved quite well that the Polish nation produce many great speedway riders, surely they should have the chance to show the world every year how much better they are, eventually the rest will catch up.

3 hours ago, Grand Central said:

I think we know that.

But that does not excuse them creating such a crap competition with a crap name, using the crappiest format and rules possible, on probably the crappiest track and with the crappiest referee they could find. And they running it over two days so that the really crappy nature of it could be drawn out for the longest time possible.

They all had a duty to do better once they had made the decision to replace the SWC.

You’re spot on until the last paragraph. They can only work with what they have. And I know they (FIM) have projects to help and create new things.

EDIT to add ... or keep current setup alive.

Edited by f-s-p

16 hours ago, racers and royals said:

The Riga track makes Togliatti look good !!!

Ha, I don't know because it was rained off and moved when I went there a few years ago, so just had a nice weekend there.  At least they could develop the track before then as it doesn't hold regular meetings?

Why is it just not called the World Pairs Championship anyway ....

34 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Why is it just not called the World Pairs Championship anyway ....

3 riders have to ride don't they. 

4 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

JUST call it the Speedway World Cup ...

An insult to the old competition

• Like 3

5 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Ha, I don't know because it was rained off and moved when I went there a few years ago, so just had a nice weekend there.  At least they could develop the track before then as it doesn't hold regular meetings?

This year they’ve had a Finnish league meeting, are having 1-2 Baltic league meetings and maybe some internationals. So they are getting there.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 7:18 PM, PHILIPRISING said:

WASN'T their best night, I agree, but commentating from a studio thousands of miles away will always be an issue.

I suppose the distance does make it so much harder for them to find words other than "big" to describe pretty much every race and every 5-1.