British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON finals Togliatti Sat/Sun July 20th/21st Live on BT Sport

2 hours ago, ytsejam said:

And some people want to see him in the GP's again next season!! He was embarrassing enough in his last two or three goes a few years ago, so can you imagine what he'd be like now! 

Reckon Poland will win this tomorrow now, when they actually use their best riders as there's no way that Dudek will not be riding. Was utterly ridiculous in the first place that he wasn't but after that effort from Magic tonight, even if he's not injured, there's no way he will be picked again on Sunday. 

The best thing you can say about 'Bomber' is he finished his race before the next one started...:D

Can't knock his heart and desire but he shouldn't be anywhere near a truly World Class Speedway event..

The kindest thing is to not let him compete at this level as it's far and away higher than he can do..

Cant do him much good personally watching riders clear off into the distance with absolutely no chance of catching them...

A track that everyone knows has long straights and tighter bends is always going to be pretty much a gater's paradise so why take Bomber? 

Setting the man up to fail...

Britain basically has Woffy and Lambert who can compete consistenly at this level..

The rest are proper average at best..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The best thing you can say about 'Bomber' is he finished his race before the next one started...:D

Can't knock his heart and desire but he shouldn't be anywhere near a truly World Class Speedway event..

The kindest thing is to not let him compete at this level as it's far and away higher than he can do..

Cant do him much good personally watching riders clear off into the distance with absolutely no chance of catching them...

A track that everyone knows has long straights and tighter bends is always going to be pretty much a gater's paradise so why take Bomber? 

Setting the man up to fail...

Britain basically has Woffy and Lambert who can compete consistenly at this level..

The rest are proper average at best..

Absolutely, which is why we should be using the best of the young talent we have and not be focused on winning it when Tai isn’t a part of it.

With Tai, we would actually have half a chance, his quality speaks for itself and I think he makes Lambert a better rider.

Robert should have been number 2, Dan Bewley  should have been the reserve and Craig should have been taken in case the rubbish hit the fan or one of the main 2 was way off the pace. 

Given what happened with Tai, for me it should have been Lambert and Cook with Dan at reserve but just give Dan the rides. Craig steps in for injury. Take Kemp as a number 4.

Its a really simple solution, and for the life of me I will never understand why we took Bomber. I just don’t get it at all. It’s a horrific decision and it is pretty clear that Tai is not at all happy about it. I don’t think he is having the sway he wants and what started as a promising regime now has shades of what had in the previous one and it’s just a matter of time before tai pulls the plug unless we sort it.

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Nah, you could be kind and say that he's just as good as he was when he last raced at this level. :unsure:

• Like 2

Bewley should have gone rather than Harris. Without Woffinden we were not going to win, the experience benefits Harris not an iota, Bewley could have learned lots & realised how far he is from World Championship Level.

Pathetic performance. And the format is even more baffling .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hawk127 said:

To sum it up ‘it fails to excite, need to try harder to entertain’

That is why the sport is in danger across Europe, with the exception of Poland. And America and Australia brighten it up with variety and are eager to entertain. If merely money took the SoN to Togliatti it was a poor investment. let's hope they don't buy a GP or it will be Krsko all over again. Not worth watching.

12 hours ago, nw42 said:

Ok I lied, I'm almost 60 though.

Huh, 60 is the new 40 - they say.

I wonder who made the final decision on taking  Harris was it rossiters alone or did he discuss it with anyone. I would like to know why bewley was nt taken for me the lads a good prospect he s moving in the right direction re riding abroad gaining experience all the time.ok he would have struggled but i believe you chuck them in they will either sink or swim if they are going to make it they might paddle at first but they ll make it . We seem to be afraid of letting the younger ones in . The under 21 s final at belle vue for me was great kemp flint bewley and Buckley will have all benefited from racing in that meeting 

ps no disrespect to C Harris he's had a decent career at international level but I wonder if he's thinking let the younger ones have a go 

Anyone any thoughts on how the final day will pan out 

for me Russia still the favourites expect Laguta to be better if fricke gets going the Aussie s are in with a shout  for the Danes a lot depends on nki the poles are not out of it can they bring in the dude 

Overall, Pearson hadn’t a clue what was going on, apart from the fact it’s 42 heats over two days, then a race between 2nd and 3rd, and a final where the World Champions will be decided over  60 seconds

Is there a home he can go to?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Personally don’t see the point of racing over 2 days for “ winner takes all final”.meeting each other once should be enough.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Quite right. He is doing his best. Unfortunately Rosco should have picked Charles Wright. In good form and worth a punt, can make a start sometimes as well better than Bewley this season I think. 

Didn't Wright dislocate his shoulder on Monday? Maybe we should have taken Rory :rofl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midland Red said:

Overall, Pearson hadn’t a clue what was going on, apart from the fact it’s 42 heats over two days, then a race between 2nd and 3rd, and a final where the World Champions will be decided over  60 seconds

Is there a home he can go to?

Maybe take a look at this before being too critical 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiW61ygnw0s&feature=youtu.be

• Like 2

What it would be interesting to know, is how many people are out there in the (paid for by) SpeedwayGB group and why one of them is not a reserve rider?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, acef said:

This is where a positive reaction and solid management is required. Nobody would expect dan to score a hatful of points and that would need to be made clear. It’s all about learning, having the experiences in foreign countries against the worlds best riders. In the short term we will not expect to see results but in the medium to long term we will.

Team GB is full of journeymen riders, some actually pretty young like the Worrall brothers, who will never make it because they haven’t had the right background to be competitive at the highest level.

The Poles get their kids out against top riders very early and that is why they are streets ahead. If you want to beat the best you have to be a part of that scene otherwise you just become a solid British rider in you’re own nation and that is what has happened in the last decade. 

If we want international success in the long term we have to change our approach, stop pretending that we can major tournaments which in turn makes us take the riders without the background who we foolishly think can deliver something:

Time to change the mentality and start working from the ground up with our youngsters and start giving the correct experience to be competitive at the top level.

Having watched it last night I think you're probably right.