British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON finals Togliatti Sat/Sun July 20th/21st Live on BT Sport

8 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

I have heard Bomber been working on the setup all night so we will see

As far as I know, the set up involves, ignition timing, jetting, sprocket sizes, bike length( pulling the rear wheel back or sliding it forward) often a combination of these.

I don't know how he can be working on these all night, as you don't know if your going the right way until you try it on track. Maybe theres more to it than that?

23 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

I have heard Bomber been working on the setup all night so we will see

He's been looking for the right "Set Up " for  years 

2 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

He's been looking for the right "Set Up " for  years 

Could be he needs to find a way to Specsavers...if so he could take the referee with him.

Is there a different referee for tonight?..... as in the rules, one for Saturday, different one for Sunday.?

2 hours ago, Grand Central said:

Much, I mean really MUCH, has been made of the new Great Britain Team management and structure.

Being facetious I would say that they have improved the lads skipping technique no end. Though I am sure it goes much further than that. Behind the scenes.

But up front, on show, with what matters on the Speedway side. Very little is different.

Both last year's SON with nativity on tactics and this year's uninspiring team selection shows  that they haven't advanced the actual speedway thinking one iota.

Alun's personal stylist does get a ten out of ten for effort though. Must be the hardest job of the lot.

This is spot on. Up to now my belief is that the Team GB setup is far more about style than substance. I would be very happy to admit if I am wrong about that.

I can't even think of any way that things can realistically be altered. Either the riders are up to the job or they are not, and things like fitness, nutrition and team bonding sessions make only a marginal difference. The re-definition of 'team' to mean two riders plus an U21 has helped but realistically GB should not need this, there should be more riders at a good level. 

The aim should be to race Test series against Poland, Australia, Denmark etc with 7 or 8 man teams - proper Tests. This might happen in the future but the selection of Chris Harris (much as I admire what he has done over the years) doesn't suggest that we are aiming in this direction. Even Woffinden said we should be going with youth - surely he has a strong voice within Team GB?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lambert withdraws.  

Do we have another rider out there? Like Poland having Dudek there? 

Just now, Panthers89 said:

No....so one heat we can only go with one rider

Just now, hagonshocker said:

No....so one heat we can only go with one rider

What a professional outfit we are :blink:

13 minutes ago, Panthers89 said:

Nah it's GB we'd rather send nutrition personal instead of an extra rider plus Rosco's personal crimper to make sure that he uses the right hair gel for his Tin Tin look or Woody Woodpecker look whichever way you look at it

Edited by zlata prilba
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

Just now, Panthers89 said:

What a professional outfit we are :blink:

Yeah pretty poor considering the fuss made about the GB set up

• Like 4

I really hope they (Tai and Scotty) comment on that fact. Yes Polish riders can hop over the boarder etc. But we could have had another rider head out there.

1 minute ago, hagonshocker said:

Yeah pretty poor considering the fuss made about the GB set up

Exactly, the new improved GB set up and can't be assed with another rider.