British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Wolves v Swindon 8/7/19

7 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Should be a relatively easy win for the Wolves, with Douglas hopefully bringing his A game.

Nothing has been relatively easy or straightforward so far this season for Wolves.

• Like 1

Hoping Swindon can come away with at least a point as we need to start doing better away from home

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 1

Why is nothing being done about getting a rider at no 7 or just how long Stefan is likely to be out for?.

I’ll be surprised if we get anywhere near the 35 point mark & I hope if Ayres does have a good meeting then he’s put into the team for the rest of the season.

7 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Why is nothing being done about getting a rider at no 7 or just how long Stefan is likely to be out for?.

I’ll be surprised if we get anywhere near the 35 point mark & I hope if Ayres does have a good meeting then he’s put into the team for the rest of the season.

I suppose the main problem is that a few teams are looking for riders at that sort of average. I would personally get Wells (if possible) in and have a settled reserve pairing. We can worry about the Bellego/Tobi situation after that.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if Perks and Ayres both fail to beat any Wolves riders all night. A couple of our heat leaders will probably have a good night though and keep it to within about 10-12 points. Expect customary Robins away score of Wolves 50 Robins 40

• Like 1

This one should be on BT as the TM's interviews would be very entertaining on their own! 

Need a repeat of the 2017 final!

Betting that Nick has a good meeting after being surprisingly allowed to practice after Swindon’s home win on Thursday night.

Who will get the big point in Heat 2 between Ellis & Ayres is as excited as I get with this guest at no 7 every meeting.

Edited by Crazy robin

7 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

It was said on sunday (at the Newcastle v Scunthorpe match) that Stefan is looking to return this Friday for Scunthorpe. Don't know off hand if Swindon have a fixture on Thursday or if he'll be back for that if so.

8 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Hoping Swindon can come away with at least a point as we need to start doing better away from home

Should have been more, 9 race winners but 11 lasts.:neutral:

• Like 1

Pleased with a point after a battling performance, we now have, four home meeting's coming up quickly so we can push on.We can win all those  matches that point tonight could be vital come the end of the season.Hopefully get Tobi back and resolve that number seven position all is not lost season still alive.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Pleased with a point after a battling performance, we now have, four home meeting's coming up quickly so we can push on.We can win all those  matches that point tonight could be vital come the end of the season.Hopefully get Tobi back and resolve that number seven position all is not lost season still alive.

Swindon r rubbish