British Speedway Forum
slater170

Howarth cleared to race

2 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Great to see Kyle been cleared. Just out of interest are the kits on a par with other sports or are they in need of an update. Seems strange other sports stars never seem to get suspended for taking co codomol. I’ve never known it as an performance enhancer only a pain killer. ?

Codeine, which is the Co part of Co-Codamol, is an Opiate so is going to flag up a problem in a drug test. 

• Like 1

good to see that others see the side effect of night nurse and co codamol medicines .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Surely it`s  the responsibility of any professional sports person  not to take any medicine whilst competing without checking whether it is safe and legal to do so.

There was only one numpty and that was Howarth.

There was no numpty.

He didn't fail a drugs test.

It wasn't even a case of 'failing' and then the 'drug' subsequently being excused.

He didn't fail it, period.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Fromafar said:

The cause of the failed drug test was not announced because obviously they did not know at the time .That is what Wolves said, while he did fail a sample they did say they would await the outcome.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Great to see Kyle been cleared. Just out of interest are the kits on a par with other sports or are they in need of an update. Seems strange other sports stars never seem to get suspended for taking co codomol. I’ve never known it as an performance enhancer only a pain killer. ?

Howarth wasn't suspended either!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Can you explain why he wasn't allowed to race then? In simple layman's terms, so we can all understand. We were told in the stadium that it was due to a family emergency, which, with all due respect, sounds as likely an explanation as you saying he didn't fail a drugs test.

Edited by stewmac

1 minute ago, stewmac said:

Can you explain why he wasn't allowed to race then? In simple layman's terms, so we can all understand.

The initial check suggested further analysis was needed. That further analysis was inconclusive, i.e. he didn't fail.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BWitcher said:

The initial check suggested further analysis was needed. That further analysis was inconclusive, i.e. he didn't fail.

From where I'm standing, that sounds like he did not pass the test. Hence why he was not permitted to race. If we use the "innocent until proven guilty" model, surely he SHOULD have been allowed to race then. 

The fact that he wasn't implies guilt, (rightly or indeed wrongly as it turned out) and therefore it's hardly surprising that any logical conclusion could be anything other than he "failed" the drugs test. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

4 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

He didn’t pass a drugs test then,that has to be the answer.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

There was no numpty.

It wasn't even a case of 'failing' and then the 'drug' subsequently being excused.

He didn't fail it, period.

He was a numpty for taking something that had Co-codamol(traces as per the BSPA statement) as a ingredient (not the correct word but can`t think of right word). no one else to blame other than him- are you saying he should sue the SCB for loss of earnings ?

27 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

He was a numpty for taking something that had Co-codamol(traces as per the BSPA statement) as a ingredient (not the correct word but can`t think of right word). no one else to blame other than him- are you saying he should sue the SCB for loss of earnings ?

Who is saying anyone is to blame? 

The procedures were followed correctly. Howarth didn't fail a drugs test. It's all very simple other than some trying to make a mountain over a mole hill.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, stewmac said:

From where I'm standing, that sounds like he did not pass the test. Hence why he was not permitted to race. If we use the "innocent until proven guilty" model, surely he SHOULD have been allowed to race then. 

The fact that he wasn't implies guilt, (rightly or indeed wrongly as it turned out) and therefore it's hardly surprising that any logical conclusion could be anything other than he "failed" the drugs test. 

Initially it was a fair logical conclusion, however we now know he hasn't failed. 

He wasn't permitted to race as those are the rules. Simply an unfortunate situation for Edinburgh and Howarth. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Initially it was a fair logical conclusion, however we now know he hasn't failed. 

He wasn't permitted to race as those are the rules. Simply an unfortunate situation for Edinburgh and Howarth. 

Feel for Kyle though Witcher, i wish nothing had been announced beforehand.It is for  Kyle to put it behind him and crack on in my opinion  there is no stain whatsoever on his character.

Edited by Sidney the robin

18 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Nothing should have been made public until they knew exactly what caused the failed drugs test... Caused unnecessary drama and grief for Kyle... Glad all has turned out well for him

So was this a ACU or BSPA drug test or official WADA antidoping test?

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Tragic