British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Redcar KO Cup 5/7/19@19.30

This should be a tense and exciting contest as Redcar arrive with a 12 point lead from the first leg . 

Since then they have replaced Ostergaard and Smith with Erik Riss and Tom Woolley . Astutely they are continuing with r/r for Tom Bacon for this tie , before introducing Kasper Anderson . Anderson was very poor round Ashfield when up with Sheffield in the last round , so holding back in declaring him makes sense , as r/r could yield a higher points return . 

Wright and Riss will provide a potent spearhead while Nathan Greaves at reserve could be a trump card as Ashfield is very much to his liking . 

We cannot afford to leave any points out on the track cause , while not insurmountable,  a 12 point deficit is enough of a handicap to make this a real challenge to our credentials.  Can see this going all the way to the 30th heat of the tie , with fingernails taking a pounding . 

• Like 1

A real cup-tie in every sense. Mouth watering for the fans. 

You can more or less guarantee Cook gets a maximum . As you say Paul Nathan Greaves likes the Gladgow track, he may well be the difference between the sides. He has been riding better and better recently. 

Its too close to call this one. But, as a Bears fan, I hope we progress. UTB !!

7 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Having a number 7 that hasn't ridden in a competitive match at this level this season is going to handicap Redcar meaning added pressure on Greaves.

Given his liking for our track I would imagine Greaves will have 7 rides anyway , plus Palm Toft  can have one of the r/r outings , presumably heat 8 , making pulling back 12 points quite a challenge 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Having a number 7 that hasn't ridden in a competitive match at this level this season is going to handicap Redcar meaning added pressure on Greaves.

Similarly though, our Connor Bailey has had VERY limited experience in any league and in fact only progressed to 500cc machines at the end of last year........so you're not at a great disadvantage man for man in my opinion. 

Guest Loose Diamond
13 hours ago, Paulco said:

This should be a tense and exciting contest as Redcar arrive with a 12 point lead from the first leg . 

Since then they have replaced Ostergaard and Smith with Erik Riss and Tom Woolley . Astutely they are continuing with r/r for Tom Bacon for this tie , before introducing Kasper Anderson . Anderson was very poor round Ashfield when up with Sheffield in the last round , so holding back in declaring him makes sense , as r/r could yield a higher points return . 

Wright and Riss will provide a potent spearhead while Nathan Greaves at reserve could be a trump card as Ashfield is very much to his liking . 

We cannot afford to leave any points out on the track cause , while not insurmountable,  a 12 point deficit is enough of a handicap to make this a real challenge to our credentials.  Can see this going all the way to the 30th heat of the tie , with fingernails taking a pounding . 

Can they still use R/R for Bacon? I thought they had to declare their team with their changes??

19 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Can they still use R/R for Bacon? I thought they had to declare their team with their changes??

Must be able to as they are using it tonight , probably declared tonight's team first this week , waited a day or so , then redeclared for Sunday 

• Like 1

Just now, Paulco said:

Must be able to as they are using it tonight , probably declared tonight's team first this week , waited a day or so , then redeclared for Sunday 

Correct

Can't help but thinking winner of this tie is Cup Winner favourite as Redcar look a lot stronger and Glasgow beat anyone over 2 legs.

Edinburgh and Newcastle would hold no fears for either of these teams nor Eastbourne if they hold on to 24 point lead at Leicester and Leicester look to be suffering with bates/Worrall out. 

We sorely missed Rasser at Redcar as he would have undoubtedly scored more than Proctor's 4 points. 12 points to make up is do-able, however Vissing needs to be on it.

All set up to be a cracker !!!!  . See Sharpenrake , Solidmango, Manse , you have been scratching your heads for the last few seasons wondering why you have won jack sh++,  low and behold all you needed to do was copy the Comets, sign 5 of their Ex riders and bingo , a winning team,  :lol: 

I will have to go with my second favourite team the Redcar Bears but I fear the blue/white/red team ;) will have too much on their home track

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

All set up to be a cracker !!!!  . See Sharpenrake , Solidmango, Manse , you have been scratching your heads for the last few seasons wondering why you have won jack sh++,  low and behold all you needed to do was copy the Comets, sign 5 of their Ex riders and bingo , a winning team,  :lol: 

I will have to go with my second favourite team the Redcar Bears but I fear the blue/white/red team ;) will have too much on their home track

Ok. See you there - assuming you’ll be travelling to support your ‘team’?! 

21 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Ok. See you there - assuming you’ll be travelling to support your ‘team’?! 

Can't make tonight but I'm hoping to get up in next few week especially the Glasgow v Leicester match ! 

Guest Loose Diamond
4 hours ago, Paulco said:

Ok.

Guest Loose Diamond
4 hours ago, HGould said:

Can't help but thinking winner of this tie is Cup Winner favourite as Redcar look a lot stronger and Glasgow beat anyone over 2 legs.

Edinburgh and Newcastle would hold no fears for either of these teams nor Eastbourne if they hold on to 24 point lead at Leicester and Leicester look to be suffering with bates/Worrall out. 

Bates injured again??