British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Redcar KO Cup 5/7/19@19.30

Congratulations to the Bears , the better team over 2 legs, Nathan Greaves the match winner for you. We missed Rasmus on Tuesday for sure, however it may not have made much difference as we struggled on the track as it was totally different to the previous week, this due to major track work being done during the week to fix the bends, resulting in it breaking up a bit. I hope the Bears go on and win the cup , they deserve some success and they are going to push a few teams this season.

• Like 2

Well done Redcar , hope you go on and win it now .

As I feared , Greaves at reserve was the key to our downfall , though their three heat leaders looked very quick also . 

Plus side for us was how competative and determined young Connor Bailey looked last night , he's going to be a good un.  

We've still plenty to race for yet , this is just a wee setback .

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

Congratulations to the Bears , the better team over 2 legs, Nathan Greaves the match winner for you. We missed Rasmus on Tuesday for sure, however it may not have made much difference as we struggled on the track as it was totally different to the previous week, this due to major track work being done during the week to fix the bends, resulting in it breaking up a bit. I hope the Bears go on and win the cup , they deserve some success and they are going to push a few teams this season.

The views of a real sporting speedway fan. As most proper speedway fans are. Two teams ride, not just one. Believe me, following the Bears has seen a lot more lean times than most, but they are my team, through good and bad, it's nice to have a bit of the good times. UTB !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gazc said:

Most congratulated the Bears don't know where you get that from.

Money bags comment rears its head again , if being proactive in promoting the sport and doing there best to give the best facilities and team then i dont see what is wrong with that.

Do you.

Whilst it is good to be gracious in defeat, one should also not gloat (too much) in victory, certainly not to the extent of abuse  - to mirror a previous comment it is good to see genuine Bears/Speedway fans  enjoy the victory and be grateful!!!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, northyorksbear said:

Whilst it is good to be gracious in defeat, one should also not gloat (too much) in victory, certainly not to the extent of abuse  - to mirror a previous comment it is good to see genuine Bears/Speedway fans  enjoy the victory and be grateful!!!

It's been not easy at times for the Bears fans since you came back in 2006 , but this season you have a team capable of winning silverware and out of the teams left in the cup , I don't see any of them beating the Bears over two legs 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

It wasn't on Tuesday. After three races it was bald on the inside and about 3ft deep on the outside. Not normally like that!

Not sure you know what you're talking about when it comes to tracks 3ft deep on the outside no rider in the world could ride a track that deep! And before you ask I do know what I'm talking about when it's about tracks

Tidy. Cook round Armadale was our main worry so can’t see Edinburgh not winning the KOC now. Trick track against Newcastle and we’ll be home and hosed. 

6 hours ago, Pinny said:

Always great to see a knobend like Gaz getting wound up, comedy gold .

Wound up not at all , pot calling the kettle black somebody like you calling anybody on here  knobend.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Wound up not at all , pot calling the kettle black somebody like you calling anybody on here  knobend.

You aren’t wound up? Lol.

i notice your silly name pop up on any thread when Edinburgh lose but can’t take it back. 

Difference is, I don’t care if people think I’m a knobhead. You clearly do and get extremely wound up, like the Gavan of this section.

6 hours ago, Pinny said:

Always great to see a knobend like Gaz getting wound up, comedy gold .

:nono:

Eastbourne, Edinburgh & Newcastle are all tough tracks for visiting teams. I can see some big home wins in the semis.

29 minutes ago, Pinny said:

You aren’t wound up? Lol.

i notice your silly name pop up on any thread when Edinburgh lose but can’t take it back. 

Difference is, I don’t care if people think I’m a knobhead. You clearly do and get extremely wound up, like the Gavan of this section.

Not sure what part you don't understand but having the solitary brain cell won't help i suppose Lol.

And i have noticed Gavan ripping you a new one most of the time , now hop along son theres a good lad.:D

It is Obvious you can't grasp the concept of banter yet , don't worry it will come eventually when you get bigger.

And as for stupid name PINNY you should change yours then maybe Gavan will stop mocking you.

Edited by Gazc

32 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Eastbourne, Edinburgh & Newcastle are all tough tracks for visiting teams. I can see some big home wins in the semis.

Totally agree, going to some exciting second legs, with some close aggregate scores.

2 hours ago, northyorksbear said:

It is what it is, can't really blame anyone for enjoying some success especially when you have been starved of it, we know how that feels.

Was really impressed with the Bears last night and good luck for the rest of your season.

54 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Not sure what part you don't understand but having the solitary brain cell won't help i suppose Lol.

And i have noticed Gavan ripping you a new one most of the time , now hop along son theres a good lad.:D

It is Obvious you can't grasp the concept of banter yet , don't worry it will come eventually when you get bigger.

And as for stupid name PINNY you should change yours then maybe Gavan will stop mocking you.

If an ounce of that post was true I’d pat you on the back . 

I look Forward to your next outburst.

ps at least Pinny isn’t my actual name ;)