British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Redcar KO Cup 5/7/19@19.30

11 minutes ago, BigBoaby said:

This is what would be termed "a non-response".  Reasonable points were made and you obviously either agree with them or cannot deny them.

Oh don't be so uncouth and immature B)

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

They’ve ran at a substantial loss every season. Luckily they have that much money it doesn’t matter so much.

Were your Team not in the same situation a few years ago.

Just now, Fromafar said:

Were your Team not in the same situation a few years ago.

Yes, but the losses a lot smaller. Thankfully we have things like the fantastic fans trust that keep our club alive. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Yes, but the losses a lot smaller. Thankfully we have things like the fantastic fans trust that keep our club alive. 

Pity not more people through the turnstile to help it pay it's way.

16 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Thankfully we have things like the fantastic fans trust that keep our club alive. 

Indeed.  A very worthy cause and fund to which I've contributed.

Edited by BigBoaby

18 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Oh don't be so uncouth and immature B)

Obviously your "reply" makes no sense but the original sentiment regarding your own posts has obviously registered.

13 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Pity not more people through the turnstile to help it pay it's way.

Was quoted elsewhere that in the Edinburgh programme notes a recent meeting attracted 472 spectators including season ticket holders.

23 minutes ago, BigBoaby said:

Obviously your "reply" makes no sense but the original sentiment regarding your own posts has obviously registered.

Nope....not really :icon_smile_clown:

I completely stand by own posts , something you're not quite grasping

Edited by Taylorj

11 minutes ago, MD said:

Was quoted elsewhere that in the Edinburgh programme notes a recent meeting attracted 472 spectators including season ticket holders.

In the same programme it said the Trust had now given the promotion over £100,000 since 2015....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Taylorj said:

Nope....not really :icon_smile_clown:

I completely agree with my own posts , something you're not quite grasping

Well that makes no sense at all.

There seems to be a chasm in terms of maturity.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, crescent girl said:

In the same programme it said the Trust had now given the promotion over £100,000 since 2015....

That is one of the problems, they are relying on fans bailing them out.There are getting fewer in numbers in recent seasons.472 is comparable with the lowest attendances at a few other tracks .IMO

5 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

That's tremendous.  Something the small-minded brigade would probably cite as a "money bags" factor.  But really we need to keep all speedway clubs going, all of us, although sadly that concept would be too much for the partisan and vindictive-minded among us.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MD said:

That would probably be when Glasgow are in town try bring few hundred with them ;-)

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

That is one of the problems, they are relying on fans bailing them out.There are getting fewer in numbers in recent seasons.472 is comparable with the lowest attendances at a few other tracks .IMO

Hhhhmmm.  I see that as well.  But there's fewer people following the sport and however its done, if we all want speedway to continue, we're going to have to pay more on average (no pun intended) per head to support it and enable the sport to continue.  Partly for that reason as time has gone on I've become less partisan and more appreciative of all clubs and just appreciate the sport.  That's why I don't like to see vindictiveness being shown, it isn't banter, its vindictiveness and just no need for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1