British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Leicester vs Eastbourne 05/07/19

You going Gemini?

This could be a cracking meeting with Lions having nothing to lose & Dickson hungry for success. Watch out Eagles!! Need Scotty on form & with Bates out of harms way all riders will deem alot safer too

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lionsman66 said:

This could be a cracking meeting with Lions having nothing to lose & Dickson hungry for success. Watch out Eagles!! Need Scotty on form & with Bates out of harms way all riders will deem alot safer too

well worth a trip over from Brum I think you are right.

Nicholls, Douglas and Bomber should be more than a match for Lawson; Kennett and Kerr and Easties bottom 3 look very weak away, although Newman has ridden well and added some stability since signing for them from Brum.

Early heats will be vital for Leicester as they will need to hit fast and hard, Heat 2 could be key if Lions can get a heat advantage and Ellis Perks and connor Mountain can fill their boots...

I'm going Leicester 58 - 32 on the night and a nail biting aggregate win by 91 - 89 could be a cracker. 

Eastie to hold it to a maximum 20 point loss, and go through before heat 15. Think Georgie Wood will get more than his usual away tally, and he could be the key rider for Eastie.

18 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Eastie to hold it to a maximum 20 point loss, and go through before heat 15. Think Georgie Wood will get more than his usual away tally, and he could be the key rider for Eastie.

Wood is a real enigma isn't he, dominates in NL and probably CL second string quality at home in CL; but rides like a novice away.

Is it in his head? or equipment issues?

12 minutes ago, HGould said:

Wood is a real enigma isn't he, dominates in NL and probably CL second string quality at home in CL; but rides like a novice away.

Is it in his head? or equipment issues?

Bit of both I think, just have a feeling after another 15 points  last night for the IOW, he's due 'one' away. 

I can so easily see lester hitting 60 tonight.  I cant see morley scoring a point really and  both eastie reserves should be able to score but they dont convince. One of eastbournes heat leaders has to get right amongst it tonight imo

2 hours ago, HGould said:

well worth a trip over from Brum I think you are right.

Nicholls, Douglas and Bomber should be more than a match for Lawson; Kennett and Kerr and Easties bottom 3 look very weak away, although Newman has ridden well and added some stability since signing for them from Brum.

Early heats will be vital for Leicester as they will need to hit fast and hard, Heat 2 could be key if Lions can get a heat advantage and Ellis Perks and connor Mountain can fill their boots...

I'm going Leicester 58 - 32 on the night and a nail biting aggregate win by 91 - 89 could be a cracker. 

Not so sure about that.  They were only 4 points down with 3 heats to go last time and then got suckered in those heats for a 16 point loss.

Kennett and Kerr had three wins each but Lawson had a poor night and Wood scored only 1.

This time round could be different,  Kennett is in good form with 11 for Ipswich at Swindon last night in the Prem and Newman could get more than the 3 Brennan got that night as he has more experience of the track.

As regards Wood he has always had mechanical problems but with recent assistance and a complete overhaul they seem to be behind him now. More importantly he is improving all the time. A good measure is his times and on Sunday he posted the fourth fastest of the match only NIcholls  managed to post one better for the Lions.

There is no doubt his success at IOW's larger track is doing him a lot of good and that should start to reflect in his away CL scores.

Normally I am a pessimist but this time I expect to see the Eagles wrap it up before we get to heat 13.

• Like 1

It was 53/37 last meeting at Leicester, think at worst  it'll be a similar score this time, especially as I think Eastbourne are now more settled, and Leicester maybe not quite so on the boil as earlier on in the season, hopefully be able to keep the overall lead significant enough not to panic. 

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

Help needed please, is there a particular spot where Eastbourne supporters might be standing/sitting as we're coming to support Eastie and we're hoping for the right result in our favour. Sorry Leicester fans but we're hoping it's our turn to go home smiling.

24 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

Help needed please, is there a particular spot where Eastbourne supporters might be standing/sitting as we're coming to support Eastie and we're hoping for the right result in our favour. Sorry Leicester fans but we're hoping it's our turn to go home smiling.

Starting gate

34 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

is there a particular spot where Eastbourne supporters might be standing/sitting

Blackbird Road :P

12 hours ago, iainb said:

You going Gemini?

No.  With apologies to my friend False dawn as I will miss seeing him and all the others who make a fuss of Lucy.  By the way anyone who receives a parking ticket because of last week's long delayed meeting send it to Josh Bates. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gemini said:

No.  With apologies to my friend False dawn as I will miss seeing him and all the others who make a fuss of Lucy.  By the way anyone who receives a parking ticket because of last week's long delayed meeting send it to Josh Bates. 

I think you should, nice sunny night with the prospect of a long delay, you may even get to see some tractor racing! No Josh Bates, Bomber Harris, big Lions victory and progression in the cup! What's not to like?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gemini said:

With apologies to my friend False dawn

Sad GIF Image for Whatsapp and Facebook (29)