British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Leicester vs Eastbourne 05/07/19

1 hour ago, False dawn said:

Blackbird Road :P

Been there done that, many years ago supporting West Ham - oh for days long gone!

Jesus! I don't know if it's a reaction to last Saturday... But there's nobody here! It's a practice day crowd!

Extremely hard lines on leicester , injury ravaged at the first leg and unable to find a guest fail narrowly over 2 legs.

Eastbourne are dreadful on the road and tbh morley must be on borrowed time, awful yet again from him.

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Jesus! I don't know if it's a reaction to last Saturday... But there's nobody here! It's a practice day crowd!

Crowd grew with latecomers delayed on motorway but still on the low side. Change of race night may also have something to do with it. That said some terrific racing with a number of passes and repasses great performance from the Lions. Congrats to the Eagles for squeezing through. Not convinced Kennet did pip Bomber on the line. 

• Like 1

Whatever the circumstances, Eastbourne are in the KO Cup semi-final and that is a big achievement.

Leicester, like Somerset, came down with assets. We went up with only Tom and Georgie. 

Eastbourne also started from scratch. Brand new promotion. No money, no assets - sweet nothing.

Can't be bad to be in the cup semis and the shield semis.

Think Eastbourne fans should be well pleased.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Leicester, like Somerset, came down with assets. 

Only One asset Connor Mountain. Who started the season at number 7 and rode there tonight - albeit very very well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Whatever the circumstances, Eastbourne are in the KO Cup semi-final and that is a big achievement.

Leicester, like Somerset, came down with assets. We went up with only Tom and Georgie. 

Eastbourne also started from scratch. Brand new promotion. No money, no assets - sweet nothing.

We are, unbeaten in the Ko cup at both levels for 5 years, hopefully make it to another final again, Redcar look to be favourites now, but haven't riden at Arlington this year so as usual we always have a chance in a 2 legged match. 

6 minutes ago, gazzac said:

We are, unbeaten in the Ko cup at both levels for 5 years, hopefully make it to another final again, Redcar look to be favourites now, but haven't riden at Arlington this year so as usual we always have a chance in a 2 legged match. 

Have Eastbourne got Redcar in the semi final?

Great match last night, Leicester very unlucky but Eddie Kennett races all night v Nicholls and Harris were outstanding and he pulled it out at the end with a brilliant ride. Seems he is finally happy and settled back at Arlington where he began.

Eastbourne have to address that tail though as Bowtell; Morley and Wood are absolute passengers away and should be beating riders like Joe Lawlor.

I went to NLRC at Leicester last Autumn - Morley and Bowtell were 1-2 may be that sums them and Wood up - big fish in little pond. Wood OK at home but as bad as other 2 away.

Leicester I think need to replace either Worrall or Bates and Guests/RR won't work, Mountain was outstanding last night, best I've ever seen him ride.

31 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

But who do they use to replace either?

That is the problem, have a feeling they're set with this team this season, main aim being to keep the home crowd coming in, and still in with a chance of a 2 legged match as against Leicester, big home win, big away loss.

1 hour ago, HGould said:

Have Eastbourne got Redcar in the semi final?

Great match last night, Leicester very unlucky but Eddie Kennett races all night v Nicholls and Harris were outstanding and he pulled it out at the end with a brilliant ride. Seems he is finally happy and settled back at Arlington where he began.

Eastbourne have to address that tail though as Bowtell; Morley and Wood are absolute passengers away and should be beating riders like Joe Lawlor.

I went to NLRC at Leicester last Autumn - Morley and Bowtell were 1-2 may be that sums them and Wood up - big fish in little pond. Wood OK at home but as bad as other 2 away.

Leicester I think need to replace either Worrall or Bates and Guests/RR won't work, Mountain was outstanding last night, best I've ever seen him ride.

I did mean Redcar probably favourite for the cup, not sure the semi final draw has been made yet. 

12 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Extremely hard lines on leicester , injury ravaged at the first leg and unable to find a guest fail narrowly over 2 legs.

Eastbourne are dreadful on the road and tbh morley must be on borrowed time, awful yet again from him.

I think most of the Eastbourne fans will agree with you re Morley hope the promoters will now think seriously about replacing him.   Don't know if Tom Brennan will make it back from injury this season but he would be my choice, a real tryer and the fans love him.  That said what a meeting well worth the long journey up from London.

11 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

We are, what a meeting worth the long drive up the M1.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Crowd grew with latecomers delayed on motorway but still on the low side. Change of race night may also have something to do with it. That said some terrific racing with a number of passes and repasses great performance from the Lions. Congrats to the Eagles for squeezing through. Not convinced Kennet did pip Bomber on the line. 

Yeah quite a few more came in the 10 minutes before the start and what a corker of a match it was (despite the sun delay), some great racing and any number of incidents that could have decided the match one way or the other... Dougy's 2 unforced errors, Kerr's fall, Mountain's fall, the ref's shocking double decision in heat 11, the manager's decision not to use Harris in heat 15...

Credit were credit is due. I’ve taken my daughters to Leicester pretty much from when re opened and believe last night although not the result we wanted was one if not the best meetings for entertainment on the track we have seen. I like many over years have commented on the poor track shape/prep last night was so different standard of entertainment passing and close racing...All the best eagles, keep driving hard lions our time is coming.

• Like 2