British Speedway Forum
Old Crusader

Plymouth v Kent 5th

What are Kent's chances tonight. I think it should be a close competitive meeting and maybe a point for Kent? Depends if our reserve s can pick up some points. Is Jacob improving or standing still?. Not seen him ride this year but his average must be about 1.

Does anyone have any idea when Dan will be back seems a long time now?

47 minutes ago, Old Crusader said:

What are Kent's chances tonight. I think it should be a close competitive meeting and maybe a point for Kent? Depends if our reserve s can pick up some points. Is Jacob improving or standing still?. Not seen him ride this year but his average must be about 1.

Does anyone have any idea when Dan will be back seems a long time now?

Seems there are big doubts about Ledwith after his crash on Monday. No sign of Gilkes yet and Ablitt still on compulsory rest. Will "gift" the Plymouth

some points for sure.  Jacob Clouting has moments of speed, but too rare in my book.

• Thanks 1

I think this will be very close indeed couple of point swing either way, but I can’t wsiy for tonight it’s bloomin gorgeous down here in the south West today,If Ledwith is not 100 percent fit our tight track will find him out as he had a shocker down here last time and with Kemp missing also then we just edged it but I do love watching Anders Rowe that boy has a huge future in front of him ,let’s just hope for no injuries, good racing and may the best team win as long as that’s Plymouth lol.cant wait.

I think this will be decided by which of 4 poor reserves have a decent meeting. 

• Thanks 1

I don’t know why Plymouth didn't use a tac sub. Wilson could’ve come into heat 9 or 12 and them extra points could've won them the meeting. 

• Like 1

What an absolute shambles.

Perhaps a good job I have a 12hr shift at work today before giving my thoughts.

By far and away the worst speedway meeting I have been to for many years. The track was dreadful. Downright dangerous.

When a rider, Saul Bulley ends up with paid 5pts and not even beating anyone says it all. He simply poodled around at the back, with literally others falling by the wayside

Severely testing my desire to return despite it being my nearest track, 45 mins drive away. 

Was also there last night and the track was dreadful.  Both promoters have stated on the Plymouth forum that the track is fine . For me they are  in total denial. 

Edited by Bendonebunching

8 hours ago, Islander15 said:

I don’t know why Plymouth didn't use a tac sub. Wilson could’ve come into heat 9 or 12 and them extra points could've won them the meeting. 

Because Mattie Bates is absolutely clueless and spends more time writing rubbish on Facebook than actually doing a team managers job. 

1 hour ago, Bendonebunching said:

Was also there last night and the track was dreadful.  Both promoters have stated on the Plymouth forum that the track is fine . For me they are  in total denial. 

Most speedway promoters are in denial. They all think their product is perfect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BobC said:

Decided not to comment other than to suggest you read the Plymouth forum regarding last night.

Click on the link for Gladiators v Kent.

Make your own minds up.

http://plymouthdevils.proboards.com/thread/9919/gladiators-kent-fri-july-2019

An interesting read. When the home support are so vociferous about the track then you know something is wrong!

Wow. Been a good while since ive seen/heard a promoter say don't like it then don't come (or words to that effect). Its safe to say that the amazing way Barry/Martin and the IOW team handle criticism has not rubbed off on their South Coast counterparts.

30 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Wow. Been a good while since ive seen/heard a promoter say don't like it then don't come (or words to that effect). Its safe to say that the amazing way Barry/Martin and the IOW team handle criticism has not rubbed off on their South Coast counterparts.

I echo this. IOW are head and shoulders above the rest and I read somewhere that their crowds are up so they’re reaping what they sew - thoroughly deserved. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I remember a long standing speedway promoter uttering those words a few years ago. The track in question is no more.