British Speedway Forum
Old Crusader

Plymouth v Kent 5th

13 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

The criticism is a little harsh but there's little doubt that a team manager error cost Plymouth dearly on Friday. Matt Bates has admitted that himself.

Yes he has said it was his error, personally I don't think he need have done that, but that was his choice. I wonder how many other team managers have been caught up in the meeting and it's happenings and have done the same thing. I'm sure Matt is not alone !!!

9 hours ago, Falcons50 said:

Have you watched / listened to the video clip or just read the header to the video, Mark has and does spend hours at the stadium working on both the track and many other aspects of a Friday night. When were you last at a meeting at Plymouth or are you just a keyboard  warrior ?

I'm just a keyboard warrior :D

Plan was to come in about three weeks but given the number of bans being threatened maybe my presence won't be welcome.  Over the last 8 seasons, I have made 25 trips to Plymouth (not bad for someone that lives 350 miles away) simply because it used to be one of my favourite tracks (I am sure that ancient mariner will verify that if necessary). My last visit was this time last year. 

Funnily enough, I was watching a video just now of track preparation for the Leicester meeting on 14 June. I am sure you remember that one. 

Fortunately, I'll be able to get first hand opinions of how things are at SBA when I see my pals from Plymouth at the NSS tomorrow or Stoke on Saturday. I'll take special care to repeat their comments on here. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Plan was to come in about three weeks but given the number of bans being threatened maybe my presence won't be welcome.  Over the last 8 seasons, I have made 25 trips to Plymouth (not bad for someone that lives 350 miles away) simply because it used to be one of my favourite tracks (I am sure that ancient mariner will verify that if necessary). My last visit was this time last year. 

Funnily enough, I was watching a video just now of track preparation for the Leicester meeting on 14 June. I am sure you remember that one. 

Fortunately, I'll be able to get first hand opinions of how things are at SBA when I see my pals from Plymouth at the NSS tomorrow or Stoke on Saturday. I'll take special care to repeat their comments on here. 

Good Evening HT. Delighted to verify that.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ancient mariner said:

Good Evening HT. Delighted to verify that.

Should be at your place for the Mildenhall match, top man. 

That's if 'keyboard warriors' are allowed :D

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Should be at your place for the Mildenhall match, top man. 

That's if 'keyboard warriors' are allowed :D

I think there's an amnesty coming for keyboard warriors, not sure about blokes in shorts though!

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Ah that would be all the pals on bend one no doubt who have nothing good to say about the Plymouth setup, that tells me all  :-)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Falcons50 said:

Ah that would be all the pals on bend one no doubt who have nothing good to say about the Plymouth setup, that tells me all  :-)

Yes, it is that lot. I'll also be speaking to Bob C, though, and given his opinion on this thread I doubt if he'll be complimentary.

Anyone else whose views are invalid ?:D

Perhaps they have nothing good to say because there is nothing good to say. 

I'd point out that the Dads Army mob used to be amongst the most committed and passionate fans the Devils had. They have attended since Plymouth opened in 2006, sponsored both the club and its riders, engaged in fund raising activities, worked on the stadium and track during the close season (I can even remember first bend Clive fixing the electrics during a meeting once) and travelled to places like Workington and Glasgow to watch the team. I doubt if there are many that can match that. 

Word is that Mark Phillips is losing a shed load at SBA . If fans like the above are unhappy, that should come as no surprise to anyone and simply denying that problems exist won't solve a thing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Falcons50 said:

Yes HT is a good friend and is probably one of the most knowledge and respected contributors to this forum with his many years of following speedway all over the country. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Falcons50 said:

Not so much a shovel as a JCB

14 hours ago, Bendonebunching said:

Yes HT is a good friend and is probably one of the most knowledge and respected contributors to this forum with his many years of following speedway all over the country. 

Ass kisser :o:D

20 hours ago, Falcons50 said:

You were dead right, they didn't have a good word to say (Nor did Bob C )

It also seems they are done with Plymouth Speedway :(

Lol, they are done with Plymouth because they were banned for swearing at track staff, paramedics and making sexist comments to supporters , of coarse they are done with Plymouth!

24 minutes ago, Jonnybegood said:

Lol, they are done with Plymouth because they were banned for swearing at track staff, paramedics and making sexist comments to supporters , of coarse they are done with Plymouth!

So it should be, speedway is supposed to be a friendly family sport. Grown men as those guys were should know better.

4 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Ass kisser :o:D

You were dead right, they didn't have a good word to say (Nor did Bob C )

It also seems they are done with Plymouth Speedway :(

Ass kisser    is that a reference to me ???

wow is all I can add and of course if that's the way your friends on bend one react they are not wanted at Plymouth,  speedway is a family friendly sport not like football where the language used both on and off the pitch is appalling !!!

5 minutes ago, Falcons50 said:

Ass kisser    is that a reference to me ???

wow is all I can add and of course if that's the way your friends on bend one react they are not wanted at Plymouth,  speedway is a family friendly sport not like football where the language used both on and off the pitch is appalling !!!

I could accuse you of one or two things but not that. Its aimed at someone suggesting (quite ridiculously) that I am 'knowledgeable and most respected'.

For those unaware of the situation here, it should be pointed out that this vicious mob of foul mouthed, abusive, leering thugs are - with one exception - all in their 70's. 

I can well imagine how intimidated and terrified members of track staff and females spectators would be by this aged gang of appalling hoods - especially when 'Private Fraser' starts waving his walking stick about.

The simple fact is that they have all been attending Plymouth Speedway for 13 years without a single allegation or accusation of bad behaviour - until they started criticising the promotion, that is. They won't be the first or last refused entry to a speedway stadium on trumped up charges simply because they are vocal and if it is believed that banning some paying customers - and as I have said before, at least at one time loyal, committed and passionate paying customers - rather than trying to engage with them reasonably is good practice some training in PR is needed. Try Isle of Wight's Barry Bishop. He's a master at it. 

One final thing. I am due to come to Plymouth in a few weeks. Presumably if I hear someone swearing and report them, they will be similarly banned ?