British Speedway Forum
Old Crusader

Plymouth v Kent 5th

11 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I think you are wasting your time here.

You and your pals have been attending Plymouth Speedway for years. You have worked in the track, raised funds for the club, sponsored riders and the team and travelled all over the country to watch the Devils. Few can match that and, lets face it, that's the kind of supporter every club wants and needs.

In all those years, not a word has been said about your behaviour.  Its nonsense to suggest that you have turned into a foul mouthed sexist overnight, but that's precisely the reason for you and others being barred. I find it hard to believe that anyone is so naïve that they actually believe that. 

Truth is you have been barred because you have been vocally critical and, far, far worse, a lot of others agree with you. If you were alone, you'd be laughed at. You're not. 

Personally speaking, I think meeting with the promotion will be an utter waste of time - and they are not interested in talking to people around you because that will blow apart the reason for the ban -  because they have flat denied that anything is wrong. What precisely will be achieved if that is the attitude that you will face ? 

Thank you.       But when false accusations have been made you have to say something , all this finger pointing with out facts! plus what they have said is on the point of defamation.

Those that started this vented attack should be ashamed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mikebendone said:

Thank you.       But when false accusations have been made you have to say something , all this finger pointing with out facts! plus what they have said is on the point of defamation.

Those that started this vented attack should be ashamed.

One last thing. For as long as you are out, so I am. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 6:41 PM, Halifaxtiger said:

Personally speaking, I think meeting with the promotion will be an utter waste of time - and they are not interested in talking to people around you because that will blow apart the reason for the ban -  because they have flat denied that anything is wrong. What precisely will be achieved if that is the attitude that you will face ? 

I think... if that.. both terms that you are unsure..

i think you may be surprised at the reaction if you put your point across in a well mannered way this could all be resolved without this merry go round of who said this and that.. if you do get a bad response then you are vindicated and your words on here are just.. if you dont and they are taken in and understood and it gets sorted then a new dialogue line has been formed.

understand it from a promoters point of view.. at the point they dont have time to investigate they just want the bad eggs out because it could be very bad for business.. if those bad eggs are not you then fight your cause no point moaning on here neither probably read this as it is a place that every man and his dog can say what they want no matter who's business is on the end of it.

3 hours ago, dazzafl said:

I think... if that.. both terms that you are unsure..

i think you may be surprised at the reaction if you put your point across in a well mannered way this could all be resolved without this merry go round of who said this and that.. if you do get a bad response then you are vindicated and your words on here are just.. if you dont and they are taken in and understood and it gets sorted then a new dialogue line has been formed.

understand it from a promoters point of view.. at the point they dont have time to investigate they just want the bad eggs out because it could be very bad for business.. if those bad eggs are not you then fight your cause no point moaning on here neither probably read this as it is a place that every man and his dog can say what they want no matter who's business is on the end of it.

If they have not investigated, then these fans are being barred without any substance at all. That's not only unbelievable and unthinkable, it merely adds fuel to the arguments that the real reason is that the promotion simply don't like criticism and that the charges laid are entirely trumped up.

I have described the people concerned above. Do they really sound like 'bad eggs' ?

The fact remains is that there has been a flat denial that things are wrong at Plymouth. Period. That's unlikely to change in a face to face discussion,  and someone contending that things are wrong - and badly wrong at that - is hardly likely to get a reasonable hearing.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:49 AM, Jonnybegood said:

Halifax tiger , are you a paramedic ?

In them shorts!!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

The fact remains is that there has been a flat denial that things are wrong at Plymouth. Period. That's unlikely to change in a face to face discussion,  and someone contending that things are wrong - and badly wrong at that - is hardly likely to get a reasonable hearing.

you may think things are wrong.. but it is their business they are running.. its not yours you do not pay the bills yes you pay your entrance each week or whenever you go..

they dont ask you when you dont turn up for an explanation as to why you are not there and really honestly do you think they have to answer to you ?

They provide a place where you can go and watch a sport its that simple they will try and keep people happy but they wont be held to ransom by a few supporters.

to clarify i havent spoken to them but i can hear them now saying its our business why do they feel like they get an input.

and if you think that they think they are perfect i can guarantee you that they dont but they are doing their best with the funds they have available pretty much like every other club out there i would say

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:32 PM, dazzafl said:

you may think things are wrong.. but it is their business they are running.. its not yours you do not pay the bills yes you pay your entrance each week or whenever you go..

they dont ask you when you dont turn up for an explanation as to why you are not there and really honestly do you think they have to answer to you ?

They provide a place where you can go and watch a sport its that simple they will try and keep people happy but they wont be held to ransom by a few supporters.

to clarify i havent spoken to them but i can hear them now saying its our business why do they feel like they get an input.

and if you think that they think they are perfect i can guarantee you that they dont but they are doing their best with the funds they have available pretty much like every other club out there i would say

I am starting to think that you are some kind of mole within the promotion :D. You are certainly providing me with a lot of ammunition to fire. 

Any business that does not take account of what its paying customers think and want is, frankly, insane and asking for financial failure. The 'get what you are given and be grateful' and 'if you don't like it, don't come' attitude that has been so prevalent in speedway is one of the main reasons why it is on its knees. Its PR has been a total disaster, with fans being treated as fools and simpletons and criticism answered with condescension, aggression, hostility and even abuse. 

I'm no businessman, but even I know that finding out your customers demands and trying your best to fulfil them is a key factor in any commercial enterprise.  That means as much engagement with them as possible.

Plymouth's response to criticism has been flat out denial, at least one supremely arrogant comment from Mark Phillips that will do him no favours at all and the barring of long term, totally committed fans on charges that are total rubbish. I would say that is precisely the opposite of what they should have done. 

Fortunately for the sport as a whole things are improving. People like Isle of Wight's Barry Bishop, Belle Vue's Adrian Smith and Redcar's Jittendra Duffil are changing the way that the sport looks at its customers. I suggest that Plymouth take note. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I am starting to think that you are some kind of mole within the promotion 

Any business that does not take account of what its paying customers think and want is, frankly, insane and asking for financial failure. The 'get what you are given and be grateful' and 'if you don't like it, don't come' attitude that has been so prevalent in speedway is one of the main reasons why it is on its knees. Its PR has been a total disaster, with fans being treated as fools and simpletons and criticism answered with condescension, aggression, hostility and even abuse. 

I'm no businessman, but even I know that finding out your customers demands and trying your best to fulfil them is a key factor in any commercial enterprise.  That means as much engagement with them as possible.

Plymouth's response to criticism has been flat out denial, at least one supremely arrogant comment from Mark Phillips that will do him no favours at all and the barring of long term, totally committed fans on charges that are total rubbish. I would say that is precisely the opposite of what they should have done. 

I am not connected to the promotion at all and i do not in any way speak for them.. 

Paying customers want speedway and that is what they are getting.. and they are taking it into account i mean for god sake they ripped up the track and re laid it at their own cost partly for the crowd for dust reduction but mainly for the riders from all accounts.

what other business out there has an environment like this where customers make "demands" as you put it none of the prospective people have the first idea how to run a team or a track or the difficulties with it.. if they did then i am sure they would listen.. but the "sort it out" brigade shouting these comments offer no answers or even know how to solve it its the owners that are trying their very best in this tough sport.. i would hazard a guess they do not have a bottomless pit of money either.

and customers demands and finding out what they want.. they want to to watch speedway each week and hope for a winning side anything more than that is a request and nothing more than that and it is for the owners of the business to see if this is a benefit or not most of it comes down to money and again bottomless pit of money comes to mind

and the barring of these fans i have already said is a touch harsh but it is their business to do what they want..but the paying customers that bring their children do not want to hear swearing and if it comes from an area you blanket the area with whatever solution you see fit.. everyone is going to say it wasn't me but if that few destroy a load of people who do not want to hear it week in and out never come back you could lose more to save just a few.. its called damage limitation and a harsh line on comments being made is where they have laid their hat it seems.

they could just shut the doors forever and NO FAN COULD DO A THING ABOUT IT.. what would they do then.. oh thats right demand it is re-open lol

i need to repeat i am in no way connected to the owners of Plymouth Speedway however i feel for them with this whole sordid story all they want to do is get on with the rest of the season and put up a fight to win.

i will also say i used to be involved with Plymouth and these guys are still doing the same thing years and years later most promotions have ignored it this promotion haven't and i say good on them for sticking to their guns on it even if it is harsh.

Edited by dazzafl
  • Like 2

I have to admit the above post makes very little sense in many places. What other business has demands put upon it by customers? Every single one and if they do not deliver the product the customer desires for the correct value they don't get the sale. Speedway operate in the entertainment industry and relies upon repeat trade rather than one off purchases, this means that the product must be consistent for the money and that the repeat purchasers need to feel they are getting value for money and valued for their custom (something that is the bug bear across most supporters up and down the country). There may not be Speedway any further in Plymouth without the current promotion who knows but what is certain is that without the crowds there will definitely be no Speedway.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, dazzafl said:

I am not connected to the promotion at all and i do not in any way speak for them.. 

Paying customers want speedway and that is what they are getting.. and they are taking it into account i mean for god sake they ripped up the track and re laid it at their own cost partly for the crowd for dust reduction but mainly for the riders from all accounts.

what other business out there has an environment like this where customers make "demands" as you put it none of the prospective people have the first idea how to run a team or a track or the difficulties with it.. if they did then i am sure they would listen.. but the "sort it out" brigade shouting these comments offer no answers or even know how to solve it its the owners that are trying their very best in this tough sport.. i would hazard a guess they do not have a bottomless pit of money either.

and customers demands and finding out what they want.. they want to to watch speedway each week and hope for a winning side anything more than that is a request and nothing more than that and it is for the owners of the business to see if this is a benefit or not most of it comes down to money and again bottomless pit of money comes to mind

and the barring of these fans i have already said is a touch harsh but it is their business to do what they want..but the paying customers that bring their children do not want to hear swearing and if it comes from an area you blanket the area with whatever solution you see fit.. everyone is going to say it wasn't me but if that few destroy a load of people who do not want to hear it week in and out never come back you could lose more to save just a few.. its called damage limitation and a harsh line on comments being made is where they have laid their hat it seems.

they could just shut the doors forever and NO FAN COULD DO A THING ABOUT IT.. what would they do then.. oh thats right demand it is re-open lol

i need to repeat i am in no way connected to the owners of Plymouth Speedway however i feel for them with this whole sordid story all they want to do is get on with the rest of the season and put up a fight to win.

i will also say i used to be involved with Plymouth and these guys are still doing the same thing years and years later most promotions have ignored it this promotion haven't and i say good on them for sticking to their guns on it even if it is harsh.

But you were connected to a previous Plymouth promotion, were you not? The above post hardly inspires confidence if this is the typical mindset of a speedway promotion.

Edited by ancient mariner

3 hours ago, ancient mariner said:

But you were connected to a previous Plymouth promotion, were you not? The above post hardly inspires confidence if this is the typical mindset of a speedway promotion.

Yep..

And it's my personal opinion.. take it or leave it

Just had word that the referee has ordered remedial track work for tonight's meeting after complaints from the riders. 

I'll await another denial.

Edit : three races in an hour.

Edit(2) : riders walking out. 

Edited by Halifaxtiger

18 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Just had word that the referee has ordered remedial track work for tonight's meeting after complaints from the riders. 

It was 1 rider that walked out not riders. The rider that walked out didn't even start a race so unsure how he can judge a track he didn't even attempt to ride!!

Perhaps if you were actually there you would be in a better position to comment.

20 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

That was before any racing had taken place! Even I saw a rut that had been loosely filled in just outside the pit gate.

The problem here now is that the promotion dont believe they are serving up an inferior product. The track has not been right since the introduction of the extra clay.  Barely any shale at all. 

We are now in a situation that I liken to an alcoholic.  They dont even recognise they have a problem. Riders can see it. Fans can see it. The promotion dont.

To be perfectly honest, I really dont care anymore. I have had enough of their bull.

Like I've said in a recent post just get a trackman who knows what there doing, and put a few days work into it get it right and just maintain it??????