British Speedway Forum
Old Crusader

Plymouth v Kent 5th

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:57 PM, Frenchie said:

It was 1 rider that walked out not riders. The rider that walked out didn't even start a race so unsure how he can judge a track he didn't even attempt to ride!!

Perhaps if you were actually there you would be in a better position to comment.

You're right, it does help to be there. I got my report second hand.

Sadly - and I mean that - I won't be going to Plymouth for some considerable time (and that's after I had planned coming next Friday week). 

After the shambles last week - because I am definitely right about the referee insisting on remedial work before the meeting could go ahead because the track was unfit for racing, two teams wanting the match called off and then further 'extensive' track work being necessary before the meeting could continue - I suspect I won't be the only one. 

After all, who wants to go to a track where there is a possibility every week that the opposition will refuse to ride or you will be standing around watching tractors do work that should have been done before the meeting started, especially when the promoter has made it absolutely clear that he will be preparing a similar track to last week for the rest of the season ? 

33 minutes ago, noaksey said:

SCB are holding a full enquiry in to the incidents at Plymouth on Friday night 

Can I ask where you got this information from as neither the SCB or BSPA websites say anything?

You have to wonder when the report will be published given how long we have been waiting for reports of investigations that were started last season.

There is a right up in this week's speedway star that's where it's come from 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

There is a right up in this week's speedway star that's where it's come from 

It must be true then!!!!lol

If the track is as bad as people are making out can I please ask why it was deemed safe enough for a group of inexperienced 9-14 year olds to practise on the following day for several hours. This was arranged by the IOW promoter when the arranged practise at Eastbourne was called off due to rain.

• Like 1

Quote from Joe Thompson last night in an interview was that he was sorry not to be racing as the track looked good, none of the Leicester boys had any problems riding it neither the Brummies team in the second half of the meeting. Only fallers were our own lads, hope Jamie and Adam are ok.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Falcons50 said:

Quote from Joe Thompson last night in an interview was that he was sorry not to be racing as the track looked good, none of the Leicester boys had any problems riding it neither the Brummies team in the second half of the meeting. Only fallers were our own lads, hope Jamie and Adam are ok.

I chatted to Ellis Perks after his second win. He asked is the track always like this?  I replied that this was the best its been for a couple of months. His reply?  'The track is sh.t. Dont know why you guys pay to watch this,Id be asking for my money back'. When someone close by asked if he felt quick, he said 'not really as theres no dirt on the track. Its far too slick'

In his next ride he was winning by a country mile, went to find some dirt and promptly spun a 360, didnt fall but did hit the air fence. Wasnt so far off getting a point either. He was by far and away the quickest rider out there. He didnt gate in Ht13 and he must have tried every line possible to catch Wilson. but as he went wide, he simply went backwards.

One last thing was last nights programme. It was for the rained off meeting on May 10th. I had bought a copy of this programme directly after the original call off.  When Leicester came down for the rearranged meeting, June 14th, the same programme was used,but with out an insert. This meeting never started due to the dreadful state of the track.  Last night, youve guessed it already, yes, the SAME programme was used for a 3rd time, only this time with an insert.Full price too!  Absolutely no consideration for the fans. At least Barry Bishop on the IOW considers the fans from every angle. He may well use the original programme from the rain off, but it is always issued with an up to date insert and most importantly, FREE OF CHARGE.

Apart from perhaps one more fixture,No more plymouth for me.

Why are you writing this On the Plymouth v Kent thread and not the Leicester thread,why did you waste your money going last night if it’s so bad,I take on board what your saying about the programme situation that’s wrong.but if your not coming to Plymouth anymore that’s your choice you have such a downer on the place I wouldn’t bother either,Danyon Hume likes it rtd liked it,Luke Harris likes it how many Leicester boys crashed last night err none Leicester manager thought the track was bang on so it seems it’s just you bob your right stay away in fact why waste your money on even one more visit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is quite amazing reading some of the threads & now BobC posts about how bad the track is & will not return except for 1 more meeting. Yet his home team is POOLE! :rolleyes: :rofl:

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

It is quite amazing reading some of the threads & now BobC posts about how bad the track is & will not return except for 1 more meeting. Yet his home team is POOLE! :rolleyes: :rofl:

I no it’s ironic isn’t it that place is so bad I don’t think I’ll visit Wimborne road again lol,the way he slates Plymouth you’d think the only time he’d want to visit again is if it was the last meeting ever then he would probably be sorry to see Plymouth go how fickle some people can be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

It is within the bounds of possibility that a person may have a home track but be a regular at another :rolleyes:

As Mike0310 will confirm, Bob is - or rather was - a regular at Plymouth. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I no it’s ironic isn’t it that place is so bad I don’t think I’ll visit Wimborne road again lol,the way he slates Plymouth you’d think the only time he’d want to visit again is if it was the last meeting ever then he would probably be sorry to see Plymouth go how fickle some people can be.

He would be sorry to see Plymouth go. So would I and many others that don't attend any more. 

But, as I have said before, I suggest you start pointing fingers a little closer to home should that be the case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

Nothing amazing at all. I visited Plymouth almost weekly when I lived in Poole. For the last 7 years Ive been going every week to Plymouth,as I live in Devon. Seen more meetings there than at Poole over that time.

Poole is my hometown club, just because I dont live there doesnt mean I cannot support another.

This season has seen the overall standard of racing drop alarmingly. The whole package needs looking at. Meeting presentation is dreadful too.Guy in the middle hasnt got much of clue, despite being there for a while. 

What bothers me most is the fact the the Promoters continuing to say there are no problems,its all in the riders minds. This despite repeated calls for track prep. One or two people saying it, fair enough,maybe there isnt a problem. With riders, Team Managers etc saying it, there clearly is. Riders will talk amongst themselves. Word will get round very quickly amongst their own.

Oh, if you read my post above, then you will see my comment regarding the track last night. To save you the time, I said 'its the best its been for months'

I certainly do not want to see Plymouth close. It is one of my favourites. Its a great little circuit,when prepared properly. 

• Like 2

I stand corrected by HT & yourself but it is the riders that ride the track so they should have their say. Track size, shape & prep can get in riders heads & they can be defeated before setting foot on track.

Something is happening at Eastbourne tonight with it kicking off.