British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Prem. 8th July 2019 BT Sports.

We can write this one off but are still top and easily going to qualify for the playoffs. As long as the Poole riders give their all and give a good account of themselves that’s all we can ask.

We don’t have to worry about choking.  It would be one day nice to be in a position where we might choke.

Its the Albert Pirrepoint Pirates who are the pass masters at choking ;)

On 7/5/2019 at 11:59 AM, Skidder1 said:

I know for a fact that BT are extremely pleased with all their speedway viewing figures.

I

Not according to the Methanol Press?

15 minutes ago, Fixer2 said:

Not according to the Methanol Press?

What do they say then?

47 minutes ago, semion said:

We don’t have to worry about choking.  It would be one day nice to be in a position where we might choke.

Its the Albert Pirrepoint Pirates who are the pass masters at choking ;)

You choked last season, dont remember us ever choking. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

You know we didn't choke,there was only one man that choked:rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

You may call it choking ( I bow to your greater knowledge on such things) Lynn were beaten by the better team over two legs. Though of course it wasn’t a Lynn that Poole Beat, as they had been rip apart by injury.  No point bleating about it. 541t happens.

4 minutes ago, semion said:

You may call it choking ( I bow to your greater knowledge on such things) Lynn were beaten by the better team over two legs. Though of course it wasn’t a Lynn that Poole Beat, as they had been rip apart by injury.  No point bleating about it. 541t happens.

You say you were beaten by the better team which is my point. Poole have never choked just beaten by a better team on the odd occasion we haven't won the title yet you go on over and over again about us choking because i suppose you thinks it's a really funny thing to say. You were Unlucky with injuries last season. 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

You say you were beaten by the better team which is my point. Poole have never choked just beaten by a better team on the odd occasion we haven't won the title yet you go on over and over again about us choking because i suppose you thinks it's a really funny thing to say. You were Unlucky with injuries last season. 

Injuries happen.  You play the cards you are given.

Poole have had various League winning sides but on occasions have failed to deliver.  = Choking.  

Not sure Lynn choked last season, as you suggest.  Then again you are entitled to your opinion 

45 minutes ago, semion said:

Injuries happen.  You play the cards you are given.

Poole have had various League winning sides but on occasions have failed to deliver.  = Choking.  

Not sure Lynn choked last season, as you suggest.  Then again you are entitled to your opinion 

No disagree we have won many times, we have only been beaten by better sides, we have never lost when we have had a league winning side as you put it. You can't win every year. 

Edited by foreverblue

To say a team has choked is doing the opponent a disservice. The word choke is used by the numerous wum on here to start an argument or gloat.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fixer2 said:

https://www.methanolpress.com/best-worst-speedway-grand-prix-television-viewing-figures-by-year-from-1999-to-2018-plus-average-viewing-figures/

More a comment on the GP series to be fair, but it does seem to question BT's  domestic figures or rather lack of them?

Just shows that bt have much smaller subscription levels than Sky.