British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Prem. 8th July 2019 BT Sports.

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just shows that bt have much smaller subscription levels than Sky.

BT Sports is poor value for money imo ...

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

No disagree we have won many times, we have only been beaten by better sides, we have never lost when we have had a league winning side as you put it. You can't win every year. 

*cough* 2012 *cough*

3 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

*cough* 2012 *cough*

So Swindon weren't a better side then?

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

So Swindon weren't a better side then?

They were better over the 2 legs but Poole should have won with the team they had.  Of course I’m not complaining that Poole choked as we won the league for the first time in eons

36 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

They were better over the 2 legs but Poole should have won with the team they had.  Of course I’m not complaining that Poole choked as we won the league for the first time in eons

We shouldn't have won with the team we had, we had injuries to cope with. 

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

So you are basically saying Poole gave Swindon the title. Do the Swindon riders agree with you? Not sure Hans would go along with that idea! 

I mean if it was said about 2010 then you would kind of have a point. But 2012? Clutching at straws with that one! 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 11:58 AM, Steve Shovlar said:

Replying to RayC. You never heard of a little bit of light banter? Some get far too serious on here.  

There is a difference between banter and bullsh**!  ;)

Edited by Starboy118

On 7/6/2019 at 11:16 PM, Starboy118 said:

There is a difference between banter and bullsh**!  ;)

Wahey were back on:D. Haven't heard anything from SS for a day, what's going on. Ahh yes I think the forum has been down hasn't it:D

Anyway looking forward to another tough match as always at home. I assume Jorgensen will be riding tonight and hope he continues where he left off last week. Be nice if Cookie can find some form at home to go with his away form, and for Kerr to find some consistency. Another match we need desperately to win to try and get that 4th spot. 

EDP online say R/R for Jorgensen but he rode for Newcastle without any issues yesterday, guess the Lynn track will be too grippy for him ! Who can his rides will this make us weaker ? 

Somebody questioned this on Facebook and the club said they were waiting to see how his shoulder reacted for Newcastle last night.....paid eleven suggests it was ok. If he rides tonight then the club have made a mess of this as the radio and press releases have all said that he is out when they could have said he is doubtful, faces a fitness test etc. People aren’t t daft, they know he rides in the second division on Sundays. 

Not sure what time the EDP goes to press but as Newcastle kicked-off at 6.30, I would suggest it was quite easy to change.  Just plain lazy that.

I think it said on website r/r or Jorgensen and  then twitter updated to Jorgensen fit and riding. Looking like Poole in for a thrashing. 

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I think it said on website r/r or Jorgensen and  then twitter updated to Jorgensen fit and riding. Looking like Poole in for a thrashing. 

Let’s hope they turn up with more fight than that Blue.  Duty to the paying public and the watching TV audience.  

Poole have a reputation to uphold 

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Don’t think anyone can serious read anything into a Poole defeat tonight with the team we have put out. It’s a shame we are not competitive tonight as it’s on tv but we have had some rotten luck with injuries.