British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Prem. 8th July 2019 BT Sports.

30 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Easier said than done with availability and averages (not to say finances as well) not in Poole's favour!!

Agree Skidder. The club has to run within its means. And if a rider is contacted to replace an injured rider they might ask for more than they are actually worth. Add to that getting everything in place mid season, it makes finding a rider very difficult indeed. 

27 minutes ago, ray c said:

shame you don't respect other peoples  opinions attack the post not the poster 

What poster? I am not attacking anyone, just making a generalisation.

27 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The poster he refers too attacks other posters all the time.

I wasn’t referring to anyone FB. Who do you think I was attacking?

Can’t help but think this is going to be an awful advert for speedway on BT tonight, Summers was woeful as a guest at reserve for us at Kings Lynn couple of weeks ago and Newman is seemingly nowhere near a top flight rider these days

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steve0 said:

I am basically saying that Poole choked which is the comment I was replying to.  I’m not really bothered you don’t agree and it looks like you have offered up another year where Poole choked!

Poole didn't choke in 2012. Swindon were just better. I know that doesn't fit in with your " I hate Poole" mantra. But I guess you can't have everything.

You can't say every time Poole lose in a final, they choked otherwise it looks like you don't even know what it means!! :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

This should be a comfortable home win but we aren’t very good this season (although decent at home) and as we know gating is vital at Lynn nowadays so if Poole’s guests can make a few starts they could go home with something. Their engine room are both riding as well as anyone in the UK right now and Holder likes Lynn so they could make it uncomfortable for the Stars with some sharp starts. We have vulnerabilities in our line up but whatever happens three points are a must. Would take 46-44 and some good racing. 

And in reality I would be happen to get to 40 points! 

3 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Can’t help but think this is going to be an awful advert for speedway on BT tonight, Summers was woeful as a guest at reserve for us at Kings Lynn couple of weeks ago and Newman is seemingly nowhere near a top flight rider these days

Have to say that the BV v Ipswich meeting looks far more appealing than this one. BT know that Poole are decimated so a switch would be sensible. There is no financial reward for Kings Lynn showing this so why they haven’t moved it I have no idea. Perhaps BV can’t afford to be on TV two weeks running?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Poole are the only team in the league with injuries bless them

Lynn have had to cope without Riss

Wolves had no Thorsell and Morris

Swindon have had to cope without Musielek and Zach quitting

Peterborough with Hans and BWD

And us at Ipswich lost a top scoring reserve in Allen..........His replacements have managed only 11 in the 5 meetings he was missing and we picked up points in all of them...we also lost KP to

The way some Poole fans bemoan injuries is a joke.......in the last few meetings the Poole guests and R/R have made Poole stronger but only the blinkered cant see that

In this meeting Poole are certainly weaker no doubt about it

But at Ipswich our team spirit got us points when we lost a rider for 5 meetings and against all odds we did well..............either Middlo is a good manager or he isnt........

No one else has had 4 out at the same time!! Come on Gavan get with it. 

1 hour ago, ray c said:

shame you don't respect other peoples  opinions attack the post not the poster 

Umm, he just disagreed with Gavan's post like you did!

45 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I wasn’t referring to anyone FB. Who do you think I was attacking?

Well I took a wild guess it might be Gavan! Sounded like it was aimed at him.

22 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

Yes I would agree with that, I would have gone with Tungate for Brady and r/r at 2, I know Tungate doesn't go that well at Kings Lynn but surely a better option than Summers at 2 considering how well Tungate is going at the moment.

21 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well I took a wild guess it might be Gavan! Sounded like it was aimed at him.

I don’t follow Gavans posts. I blocked him well over a year ago. No interest in that persons posts at all so wouldn’t reply to something I don’t see/read.

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t follow Gavans posts. I blocked him well over a year ago. No interest in that persons posts at all so wouldn’t reply to something I don’t see/read.

I dont believe that for a minute!!! if it is true that must be the reason you  post so much crap.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I dont believe that for a minute!!! if it is true that must be the reason you  post so much crap.

Find a post where I have ever responded to that numpty. I blocked him over a year ago and it’s far more pleasurable on here not reading his spew. I would’nt be surprised if he is still carrying on slagging Poole off at every opportunity dressed up as veiled thin praise at times in attempt to disguise it. Best thing is I don’t have to suffer reading it. :drink: 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Find a post where I have ever responded to that numpty. I blocked him over a year ago and it’s far more pleasurable on here not reading his spew. I would be surprised if he is still carrying on slagging Poole off at every opportunity dressed up as veiled thin praise at times. Best thing is I don’t have to suffer reading it. :drink: 

I dont think Gavan  does slag Poole off at every opportunity he feels like me you mainly do Poole speedway an injustice. You dont show the true spirit of the club,you put yourself forward as the spokesman of the club and by doing that you show Poole in a bad light.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1