British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Prem. 8th July 2019 BT Sports.

I think apart from Speedway at NSS and Alwarton then ‘Racing’ is pretty sterile these days at the rest of the Premier League tracks. Whether it’s down to track prep or bikes or maybe even the riders ( who move on to the next gig) it is what it is.  

Someone said to me he would never go and watch Speedway at Wimborne Road again, in fact he said if they were riding in his back garden he would close the curtains.  That from a former Poole die hard supporter.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Isn't Josh's girlfriend a personal trainer or something? So think he's okay! 

Josh was probably being quite wary and still suffering a bit - both body and machine - from the fencing he got from Cook the previous week!!!?;) 

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, semion said:

I think apart from Speedway at NSS and Alwarton then ‘Racing’ is pretty sterile these days at the rest of the Premier League tracks. Whether it’s down to track prep or bikes or maybe even the riders ( who move on to the next gig) it is what it is.  

Someone said to me he would never go and watch Speedway at Wimborne Road again, in fact he said if they were riding in his back garden he would close the curtains.  That from a former Poole die hard supporter.

They are more than welcome to ride in my back garden :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

They are more than welcome to ride in my back garden :D

Its a good job you wrote that correctly Lisa. Otherwise there would have been a stampede of posts.  :D

Edited by Starman2006

19 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

He didn't pull out at Poole and was willing to guest again so looks like he was fine. KL fans have said on SM riders had to work their arms hard just to turn the bikes, so Ricky and TJ having shoulder injuries pretty much screwed really. 

I didn’t say he pulled out at Poole tho, just that he probably aggravated it on the night. 

Why Poole are taking a risk on him again tho is barmy.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Its a good job you wrote that correctly Lisa. Otherwise there would have been a stampede of posts.  :D

Starman!!!! :o :o

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

King's Lynn has never been different from day dot, the track sits on a natural clay base. That cannot be changed. 

I have to question that !!    Kings Lynn was once a brilliant race track when there were plenty of passing.   If you are of the assumption it sits on a clay base, that must be from the amount  of rubbish Clay shale that Buster continues to use.   

I'm sure if you scraped off  all that top rubbish,  you'll find some original black cinder ash that Cyril Crane use to rave about...   :t:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I have to question that !!    Kings Lynn was once a brilliant race track when there were plenty of passing.   If you are of the assumption it sits on a clay base, that must be from the amount  of rubbish Clay shale that Buster continues to use.   

I'm sure if you scraped off  all that top rubbish,  you'll find some original black cinder ash that Cyril Crane use to rave about...   :t:

The track is naturally clay based. What makes it more grippy now is that Buster buys that cheap crap stuff that is also mixed with clay. Thus when watered it turns to silt with a mix of fine stones to break the silt down. 

3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

I think not eww

9 hours ago, iainb said:

Not strictly true... I used to go to KL quite often over the last 30 years, to follow Coventry and as a neutral, and I live in Leicester, as it was generally always good value with the quality of racing... these days I vowed never to return after the Leicester match last season, but would struggle to muster the enthusiasm to attend if I lived a mile away. While the facilities have improved (the sand pit on the back straight!) the racing certainly hasn't. Anyway doesn't the track sit on a hard base?

I wasn't saying the racing has always been the same, merely that the track base has always been the same. Only over time the top surface has changed for the worse. 

Once again the meeting took so long to complete BT sports coverage ended  before heat 15.  (they only allow 2 hours !!!!!!!!!! )

Too many restarts and unnecessary delays - riders faffing about after each restart  how much longer will BT sports put up wit this amateursih presentation ??  Despite all their promises about sorting out the starting procedures nothing has changed. 

Compared to the professional presentation managed by Phil Morris in the SGP's  the televised league matches show the organisational skills of a village fete. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iainb said:

Not strictly true... I used to go to KL quite often over the last 30 years, to follow Coventry and as a neutral, and I live in Leicester, as it was generally always good value with the quality of racing... these days I vowed never to return after the Leicester match last season, but would struggle to muster the enthusiasm to attend if I lived a mile away. While the facilities have improved (the sand pit on the back straight!) the racing certainly hasn't. Anyway doesn't the track sit on a hard base?

Wasn't this more due to the "new stadium"

For how long though?

He's hanging on until he can off load it for a reasonable price

A lot less!

It does indeed..

14 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Once again the meeting took so long to complete BT sports coverage ended  before heat 15.  (they only allow 2 hours !!!!!!!!!! )

Too many restarts and unnecessary delays - riders faffing about after each restart  how much longer will BT sports put up wit this amateursih presentation ??  Despite all their promises about sorting out the starting procedures nothing has changed. 

Compared to the professional presentation managed by Phil Morris in the SGP's  the televised league matches show the organisational skills of a village fete. 

Heat 15 was shown on BT

16 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Don't know what you where watching Bob :blink:

Why don't we just do what Poland do, 2 minutes not ready then excluded. Simple

• Thanks 1