British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Prem. 8th July 2019 BT Sports.

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I wasn't saying the racing has always been the same, merely that the track base has always been the same. Only over time the top surface has changed for the worse. 

How long you been going to Lynn?

40 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Once again the meeting took so long to complete BT sports coverage ended  before heat 15.  (they only allow 2 hours !!!!!!!!!! )

Too many restarts and unnecessary delays - riders faffing about after each restart  how much longer will BT sports put up wit this amateursih presentation ??  Despite all their promises about sorting out the starting procedures nothing has changed. 

Compared to the professional presentation managed by Phil Morris in the SGP's  the televised league matches show the organisational skills of a village fete. 

Whereas I find it a tad embarrassing that Phil Morris is there directing the riders like he does in the GPs.  Steve Brandon was doing a Phil type job in the pits at Lynn I believe ... waiting for the adverts etc, maybe they needed to cut one or two of those unnecessary delays out ;)  Riders have been asked many times why they go back to the pits after a tapes offence, it's to do with their clutches I thought .....?

The base is hard. It has never changed. In years gone by I've seen sparks coming from steel shoes in the junior races after meetings. If anything it's the shale used/ modern engines. Other tracks have bangers, but don't seem to use this shale. The top surface has changed as well as the engine characteristics of these modern engines.

Shorten the track by widening the bends might give improved racing. Ideally that combined with a change of top surface, would work wonders.

Just my humble opinion.

Edited by Bald Bloke

10 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Once again the meeting took so long to complete BT sports coverage ended  before heat 15.  (they only allow 2 hours !!!!!!!!!! )

Too many restarts and unnecessary delays - riders faffing about after each restart  how much longer will BT sports put up wit this amateursih presentation ??  Despite all their promises about sorting out the starting procedures nothing has changed. 

Compared to the professional presentation managed by Phil Morris in the SGP's  the televised league matches show the organisational skills of a village fete. 

bt meetings are always covered to the end don't get where your coming from on that one

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

The base is hard. It has never changed. In years gone by I've seen sparks coming from steel shoes in the junior races after meetings. If anything it's the shale used/ modern engines. Other tracks have bangers, but don't seem to use this shale. The top surface has changed as well as the engine characteristics of these modern engines.

Shorten the track by widening the bends might give improved racing. Ideally that combined with a change of top surface, would work wonders.

Just my humble opinion.

If the track was shortened/widened and they used proper shale Lynn would be a fantastic speedway track. Unfortunately the dirt used is awful for speedway, riders are literally hanging on for four laps as the bike is pulling so hard due to all the clay and consequently good races are few and far between with riders so strung out. Getting hit by big, heavy lumps doesn’t help either. 

While the stock cars bring in the money and subsidise the speedway it won’t change, people come out with the same moans and groans every time we are on telly but it’s no surprise, it’s been like it for years. One thing it isn’t though is patchy, it’s always been smooth and consistent despite the unsuitability of the surface. 

Edited by Bagpuss
AUTOCORRECT!!!!!
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 7:46 AM, ray c said:

bt meetings are always covered to the end don't get where your coming from on that one

I recorded and started watching the recent Peterborough v Aces match and because of the crashes and hold ups new it wouldn't finish in the allocated time slot.So I recorded the following boxing show and watched the end of the speedway at the beginning of this!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, colin wood said:

I recorded and started watching the recent Peterborough v Aces match and because of the crashes and hold ups new it wouldn't finish in the allocated time slot.So I recorded the following boxing show and watched the end of the speedway at the beginning of this!

Who are you recording with ?

When you record live sport don't you get the option to extend the recording time by 15/30/60 minutes etc when you set it up?

Or is that something only applicable to Virgin Media?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, colin wood said:

Yes me as well.  

44 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

When you record live sport don't you get the option to extend the recording time by 15/30/60 minutes etc when you set it up?

I think so - I’m with Sky and never seen that option so far - unless anyone else can tell me where to find it :neutral:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, maneacat said:

I think so - I’m with Sky and never seen that option so far - unless anyone else can tell me where to find it :neutral:

Did not think sky did bt on there platform ?

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Im on virgin we always just add an hour on the broadcast

Even if you cant extend simply set the following programme to record as well. Any over run is then captured.If theres no over run its just a couple of button presses to delete

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ray c said:

Did not think sky did bt on there platform ?

Yep they do. We have BT sports through Sky. But we also have BT broadband so that might be why.

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yep they do. We have BT sports through Sky. But we also have BT broadband so that might be why.

Bt through sky is still a seperate bill 

I can what you are saying is correct though