British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Prem. 8th July 2019 BT Sports.

BT’s love affair with the champs continues this Monday with the Pirates visit to Kings Lynn. My guess is the viewing figures are higher when Poole are on TV.

We are on a 5 meeting winning streak and showing signs of good confidence. Kings Lynn were dispatched fairly easily last night and will certainly be out for revenge.

Poole will be hoping Brady Kurtz is fit to ride and will have to find two guests at reserve to replace Covatti, who will be missed on his current form, and Busk Jakobsen who looks to be suffering from appendicitis and had an aborted return to the team last night.

Question marks over Jorgensen for Lynn who pulled out last night for no obvious reason. Certainly not an on track issue.

Hopefully a good meeting. We have no real answer to Lambert and Cook  and they could get Lynn over the line. Think a point is achievable, possibly more. Pirates have to hit the track running and not allow Lynn to build ip an early lead.

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

BT’s love affair with the champs continues this Monday with the Pirates visit to Kings Lynn.

Amazing really that they are so fond of an unprofessional looking rag bag outfit. Says much about the sports standing though I suppose. Must have been a real eye opener when the smart looking Panthers turned up at Wimborne Road for the win :)

• Like 3

Three guests and rider-replacement for Pirates?

Not a good advertisement for speedway on TV, I'm thinking.

5 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Amazing really that they are so fond of an unprofessional looking rag bag outfit. Says much about the sports standing though I suppose. Must have been a real eye opener when the smart looking Panthers turned up at Wimborne Road for the win :)

Always bigger viewing figures when Poole are on TV. BT would show us every week if they could. B)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Kelvin will hopefully give the track a good look over.

And let’s face it when the ruts appear again the camera won’t lie.

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Always bigger viewing figures when Poole are on TV.   BT would show us every week if they could. B)

Or maybe not. I can put up with Poole so much, but not that much. If your comment had come from a non-Poole supporter it would have carried more weight IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Always bigger viewing figures when Poole are on TV. BT would show us every week if they could. B)

is that fact or fiction .never seen a break down of viewing figures im sure you can point me in the right direction 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Kelvin will hopefully give the track a good look over.

And let’s face it when the ruts appear again the camera won’t lie.

But this is at Kings Lynn, hope there are no ruts!

• Haha 1

Replying to RayC. You never heard of a little bit of light banter? Some get far too serious on here.  

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

I know for a fact that BT are extremely pleased with all their speedway viewing figures. Hopefully they put some money where their mouth is as the contract negotiations for 2020 and beyond are supposed to be concluded by end August!!!

In the meantime on Monday viewers will have to view r/r for Kurtz with Summers Wells and Newman filling the minor places.- or so it is rumoured?!

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I know for a fact that BT are extremely pleased with all their speedway viewing figures. Hopefully they put some money where their mouth is as the contract negotiations for 2020 and beyond are supposed to be concluded by end August!!!

In the meantime on Monday viewers will have to view r/r for Kurtz with Summers Wells and Newman filling the minor places.- or so it is rumoured?!

if that's the case bt should move there schedule else where :t:

• Like 1

Wrong match to show on Monday as a much better meeting is Belle Vue v Ipswich and not so many  guests (or maybe none) to explain

19 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

But this is at Kings Lynn, hope there are no ruts!

Oops, that will teach me to check the broadcast first:D

29 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

Wrong match to show on Monday as a much better meeting is Belle Vue v Ipswich and not so many  guests (or maybe none) to explain

Ooh someone has their crystal ball out!!!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

oh I would have thought Tungate for Brady, Wells we ought to sign at least temporarily for NBJ or Covatti. Nice to see Kyle ride for us again but don't suppose he will get many points.

Edited by foreverblue