British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Kings Lynn v Poole Prem. 8th July 2019 BT Sports.

On 7/8/2019 at 9:54 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Unfortunately. But surely it’s in Chapmans interest to have a great race track with plenty of entertainment. Most of the passing tonight was because the track was bad and quality riders were actually feeling unsafe to go for it. It did improve in the last few heats safety wise but Cook fell in his own picking up grip Nd Klindt was extremely lucky on a very patchy first bend not to get injured, when his back wheel went from grip to slick. Both Wells and Jorgensen had to retire having aggravated injuries due to the conditions. This is not right. If this had been Wimborne Road it would have gone to 40 pages by now.

Steve the track was not bad and unsafe.It's just grippier than most tracks that's all.It didn't have any holes or rolling hills in it that makes it dangerous.Why would quality riders feel unsafe if they were quality they should be able to ride any track.Surely someone like S. Lambert should be the one feeling the most unsafe as he would probably be the rider with the least quality on track last night,no disrespect to him at all.But he just gets on with it.

The track was no different to when you have beaten us twice this season but was it dangerous then?No,because you won.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 6

21 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Wells guested at Poole and was fine even with our many holes to navigate. Obv the KL track harder on his body. 

A grippier track will always make your body work harder.

8 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Steve the track was not bad and unsafe.It's just grippier than most tracks that's all.It didn't have any holes or rolling hills in it that makes it dangerous.Why would quality riders feel unsafe if they were quality they should be able to ride any track.Surely someone like S. Lambert should be the one feeling the most unsafe as he would probably be the rider with the least quality on track last night,no disrespect to him at all.But he just gets on with it.

The track was no different to when you have beaten us twice this season but was it dangerous then?No,beacause you won.

It looked much deeper than usual and i think it caught us out but no excuses we were soundly beaten.

The track last night was very bad. Skilled experienced riders being extremely tentative is not right. It was badly prepared. Polish tracks of similar size are not prepared in such a way. They are produced to present the best opportunity for the best riders in the world to showcase their ability. Kings Lynn last night was prepared in such a way to cause two riders to retire from the meeting. It then caught out one of Britain’s best riders in Cook who lost control and fell, then Klindt who was extremely lucky to not get clouted on a dangerous first bend when his wheel lost its traction.

It’s clear that Lynns track produces crap racing. Their fans have been bleating about it for a long time now. Clearly last night showed why racing is so poor. Chapman needs to get rid of the ridiculous grip and get it slicked off to produce racing the fans want to see. Stox wouldn’t notice a thing.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

The Poole track probably aggravated it too with the waves.

Kings Lynn was more gripper so harder on the arms.

He didn't pull out at Poole and was willing to guest again so looks like he was fine. KL fans have said on SM riders had to work their arms hard just to turn the bikes, so Ricky and TJ having shoulder injuries pretty much screwed really. 

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

It looked much deeper than usual and i think it caught us out but no excuses we were soundly beaten.

To me it wasn't as deep last night,even the times were a fraction slower than normal although still quick.The track was quite dry after the first race even.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tellboy said:

To me it wasn't as deep last night,even the times were a fraction slower than normal although still quick.The track was quite dry after the first race even.

The clay content is far too high. Only track in the country prepared in such a way and to the detriment of the racing.

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

He didn't pull out at Poole and was willing to guest again so looks like he was fine. KL fans have said on SM riders had to work their arms hard just to turn the bikes, so Ricky and TJ having shoulder injuries pretty much screwed really. 

Yes you do as i said earlier have to work you body harder on a grippier track.Maybe the Poole riders should visit the gym a few times before coming to the NA again:P

I just don't know how Toft manages to get around he must be the smallest rider on show most weeks at the NA:D

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The clay content is far too high. Only track in the country prepared in such a way and to the detriment of the racing.

You are missing my point totally.I agree it's not the best racing i'm not afraid to admit that.But it is by no means unsafe.Something you could not admit about the Poole track on occasions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

You are missing my point totally.I agree it's not the best racing i'm not afraid to admit that.But it is by no means unsafe.Something you could not admit about the Poole track on occasions.

Poole track has been bad this season until the recent fix. No denying it. But it’s now ok and racing is flat out with riders going for it, not being cautious as was seen last night. This has nothing to do with the score. KL won fair and square. But the racing could have been far better had the track been prepared slicker.

56 minutes ago, semion said:

Poole were lucky the Cook still hasn’t got his A game sorted at Saddlebow.  If he had, then it would have been a thrashing ;)  Then factor in a fit TJ and Nichol in for Rambo...  

Doesnt bare thinking about.

Cook's getting his average down and is almost a shoe in for Belle Vue 2020. They've missed him greatly 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

King's Lynn has never been different from day dot, the track sits on a natural clay base. That cannot be changed. 

For me, King's Lynn would be better off preparing the track as they did when they were running the National League team. They'd probably benefit too from not ripping the start gate up and being consistent all the way around. 

How the track is rider's need 2 gearings per heat, one for getting out the grippy starts and another to maintain the higher speeds needed for the rest of the track. 

Gating has become far to important with the ripped up starts, rider's set up for that. Miss it and you can't get the speed to chase down. 

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole track has been bad this season until the recent fix. No denying it. But it’s now ok and racing is flat out with riders going for it, not being cautious as was seen last night. This has nothing to do with the score. KL won fair and square. But the racing could have been far better had the track been prepared slicker.

To be fair it only looked like Klindt being cautious by continually looking over his shoulder.I have never ever seen a rider do this as much as what he did last night.But i think he just wanted to be noticed,like after his first race win he just stood in the middle of the first bend watching the repeat on the big screen even with the riders on the track getting ready for the next race.

I'm not counting Wells in this as he is pretty much the same every time he come here now.

Holder also struggled with conditions, as did Josh until it started to slacken off near the end.