British Speedway Forum
TigerAl

Sheffield Vs Redcar 7/7/19 Championship

The new look Bears head into Town on Sunday 7th July. I can't see anything other than another comfortable home win, even with ex-Tiger Kasper Andersen in their newly declared ranks. The Tigers will be boosted by the return of skipper Kyle Howarth who will have a point to prove. Should be something in the order of 55-35 in my opinion.

A home win predicted but I have a feeling it will be closer than what the Somerset meeting was. Kasper Andersen will have humongous point to prove and will want to be among the points. 

With a fully fit 7 home win but with r/r and guest reserve not so sure. Eric Riss likes Sheffield and Charles Wright is hot round our track. Kasper with a point to prove ? Don't think it will be easy.Whos our guest reserve ? Could have done with lambert.

Redcar pushed Glasgow to a last heat decider last night, definitely won’t be a pushover

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Third Man said:

No using RR

That will make Tigers weaker. However the only decent guest on what is available would have been Danny Ayres (the way he is riding at the moment) but he is riding for Scunthorpe at Newcastle. Bears will be very strong with their new line up..... 

Sheffield aren't allowed a guest you can only use guests for your top 3 or reserves. R/R is the option unless you have 2 riders out in your top 5

On 7/5/2019 at 1:23 PM, TigerAl said:

The new look Bears head into Town on Sunday 7th July. I can't see anything other than another comfortable home win, even with ex-Tiger Kasper Andersen in their newly declared ranks. The Tigers will be boosted by the return of skipper Kyle Howarth who will have a point to prove. Should be something in the order of 55-35 in my opinion.

Close but no cigar.

Excellent win for the Bears on a track where I expected the new look line up to go well.

Took advantage of the absence of Nicol and were a bit unlucky not to get 4 points.

• Like 1

Not an unexpected result. Best team won. Charles Wright was awesome and showed what we've been missing this season.Changes are needed now because this team is not capable of the top 4.Our heat leaders are not winning enough of their races ,Zaine and Josh are trying their hardest and improving and Drew is struggling big time.His bikes are too slow,he doesn't show enough aggression and his confidence must be about shot.I feel very sorry for the lad but being in the top 5 is so hard for him.Danny King tried Drews bike the other week surely he realised how slow it was and advised drew what to do.Probably he could borrow a faster engine off Steady if he's still got his equipment.I hope that the management team are going to make changes before next meeting but I haven't got a clue who would come to us as loads ride in Poland '!!, Ostergaard ? But he's been struggling.Maybe Steady might come out of retirement.? Who knows ?