British Speedway Forum
TigerAl

Sheffield Vs Redcar 7/7/19 Championship

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:23 PM, TigerAl said:

The new look Bears head into Town on Sunday 7th July. I can't see anything other than another comfortable home win, even with ex-Tiger Kasper Andersen in their newly declared ranks. The Tigers will be boosted by the return of skipper Kyle Howarth who will have a point to prove. Should be something in the order of 55-35 in my opinion.

You know your stuff! Ha ha.

• Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
On 7/5/2019 at 1:23 PM, TigerAl said:

The new look Bears head into Town on Sunday 7th July. I can't see anything other than another comfortable home win, even with ex-Tiger Kasper Andersen in their newly declared ranks. The Tigers will be boosted by the return of skipper Kyle Howarth who will have a point to prove. Should be something in the order of 55-35 in my opinion.

Unfortunately how wrong can we be. Broc Nichol a big miss the way he has been flying.

On 7/5/2019 at 1:23 PM, TigerAl said:

Erm......;)

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:23 PM, TigerAl said:

Whoops !!!! :lol:

Well done Bears, look out the rest of the teams in the League :t:

• Like 3

Even before the changes have fancied redcar to win the playoffs this year 

• Like 2

Are new averages due out soon?  Would be useful as Nicol may go above Kemp, enabling Proctor to have 1 R/R ride.

7 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Unfortunately how wrong can we be. Broc Nichol a big miss the way he has been flying.

A broken collar bone is usually about a six-week lay off, which should neatly coincide with the end of our season, so I wouldn't expect to see Broc in Tigers colours again this season.

1 minute ago, 4thbender said:

A broken collar bone is usually about a six-week lay off, which should neatly coincide with the end of our season, so I wouldn't expect to see Broc in Tigers colours again this season.

Although I just remembered, I do recall Nigel Boocock riding at Owlerton in the 60's in a world championship qualifier only a week after breaking his collar bone. The referee excluded him after falling off - presumably to save him more pain - but Booey pleaded with the ref to let him back in and I think from memory he won the rerun.

But that was in the days when speedway riders were made of sterner stuff.

Guest Loose Diamond
5 minutes ago, 4thbender said:

That is unfortunate. He was beginning to show good signs of his ability. Not his fault either apparently.

Coincidentally, this is exactly the same juncture at which the Tigers' 2018 season went pear-shaped. Having won all our early home matches, from July onward we never won another one. I have a theory that, unlike every other track in the league, Sheffield offers no home advantage whatsoever. As soon as we suffer the odd injury or minor loss of form, away riders can come to Owlerton and score a hatful of points. I'm fearing the worst. 

Sheffield must regret letting Charles Wright leave an retaining Kyle howarth, what a boob 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4thbender said:

Although I just remembered, I do recall Nigel Boocock riding at Owlerton in the 60's in a world championship qualifier only a week after breaking his collar bone. The referee excluded him after falling off - presumably to save him more pain - but Booey pleaded with the ref to let him back in and I think from memory he won the rerun.

But that was in the days when speedway riders were made of sterner stuff.

If I remember rightly they carried Nigel out from the pits  as if he was still sat in an armchair and placed him on his bike.  I think it was a British semi final.

1 hour ago, 4thbender said:

Coincidentally, this is exactly the same juncture at which the Tigers' 2018 season went pear-shaped. Having won all our early home matches, from July onward we never won another one. I have a theory that, unlike every other track in the league, Sheffield offers no home advantage whatsoever. As soon as we suffer the odd injury or minor loss of form, away riders can come to Owlerton and score a hatful of points. I'm fearing the worst. 

Yes,me and dad were discussing the same subject on the way home yesterday,very similar to the Lakeside collapse last year. The Tigers  heatleaders got slower as the meeting went on and the Redcar lads looked like the home team!

Didn't think we'd make the play offs anyhow,as the Tigers have three inconsistent heatleaders and four reserves who struggle to win races at home,let alone away.Just 12 between them in 103 heats.

4 hours ago, 4thbender said:

Very good but your theory has a major flaw!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 4thbender said:

It normally is for most people, but being speedway riders with laser treatment they can get back in three weeks. Depends also if it is plated or allowed to heal in position.