British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Robbie B

Wimbledon Race Jacket YouTube Video

I have just uploaded to YouTube an updated video featuring all of their Wimbledon race jackets the new address is https://youtu.be/o5O0G4vJMA0

If you do have any additional information then please do inform me and I will make any necessary adjustments, and a new race jacket added. as Wimbledon had 3 different race jackets in 1984. I have checked this with various Wimbledon programmes and the Speedway Star magazine.

Edited by Robbie B
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Robbie B said:

I have just uploaded to YouTube a video featuring all of their Wimbledon race jackets the address is https://youtu.be/41o3818LoNo

If you do have any additional information then please do inform me and I will make any necessary adjustments.

Great download again...some strange designs that I had forgotten about however!

• Like 1

The classic design from 1937 to 1973 was simple and striking. Most of what came after was ill-advised and needlessly fussy. Are Wimbledon the only team whose colours were a foreign flag? (Vietnam). Was Ho Chi Minh a closet Dons fan? Is there a Ronnie Moore Boulevard or a Mark 'Buzz' Burrows street in Hanoi? I think we should be told.

• Like 4

Fabulous! However - and I hate to say this - but the sponsor was "Montine", not "Montime"...

Steve

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chadster said:

The classic design from 1937 to 1973 was simple and striking. Most of what came after was ill-advised and needlessly fussy. Are Wimbledon the only team whose colours were a foreign flag? (Vietnam).

Certainly agree with your comment about "simple and striking", and that applies to most teams. Belle Vue, Southampton, West Ham, Doncaster (1969), New Cross, Newcastle, original Canterbury etc... All "simple and striking"!

Early Wembley racejackets were the same as the Polish flag...

Steve

Edited by chunky
  • Like 2

Hi Steve 

Thanks for pointing this out to me I will updated the video it will take 30 minutes or so with the old video not being available whilst i update YoUTube I will post the new address on post #1

Hi Robbie,

Fantastic effort! Almost brings a tear to the eye...

The Montine has now been updated to the correct spelling the new video address is in post #1

I have been informed via PM more information and another race jacket just making the video now for uploading it will be too long

Edited by Robbie B
  • Like 1

A good viewing, enjoyed it, have to say the "classic" jacket was miles better than some of the over fussy jackets from late 70s onwards.

• Like 3

On 7/6/2019 at 8:57 AM, Donnie said:

A good viewing, enjoyed it, have to say the "classic" jacket was miles better than some of the over fussy jackets from late 70s onwards.

Couldn't agree more...the simpler the design the better.

• Like 1