British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Scunthorpe 07/07/19 SGB Championship 6.30pm

41 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

To be fair Brough Park is a poor circuit to watch as a spectator,The Diamonds were far superior Jake was very poor ,Kingsley struggled .

One referee decision was strange was when Jake Allen gated in heat 5 I think and Steve Worrill brought down his partner and the race was stopped for first bend bunching.  Re run the diamonds got a 5-1

Heat 06: Worrall, Clegg, Allen, Kinsley 5-1 23-13 64.0
Line Up: Worrall, Clegg, Allen, Kinsley
Comments: Stopped.. Allen gave Worrall a nudge into bend 1, who moves into Clegg and Clegg falls into air fence. Clegg up and ok, All 4 back
ReStart: Clegg passed Allen exit of b2l1.. Kinsley way back, Allen not threatening Clegg

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/19080/diamonds-scorpions-7-19-championship?page=1#ixzz5t6prigus

Not only did Allen knock Steve into Max, after all three gate well, which then caused all riders to run out of space and Max was the unfortunate one... Allen then gated again in the re-run and got easily passed by a very muddy Max Clegg who was face first into the air fence just minutes previously... I must say that some of the passing moves by Matty and even Ben Barker (The one on Bukhave springs to mind) kinda makes your comment about Brough Park a meaningless one, the racing there is technical and entertaining, not like the wind it on bowl of Scunthorpe which eats rear wheels... I feel you are just commenting like this because you have seen your team, yet again, get hammered by Newcastle ;)

Got to say Jacob Bukhave, take a bow, really good considering it's only his second meeting around a tricky track... Really like the look of him... Do people still want to replace him with Ostergaard? Hopefully not...

• Like 2

Never seen a track eat rear wheels!  Kyle Howarth wore out his tyre, but remaining 13 riders didn't whinge . According to the Scorpions they had much more severe tyre wear at Somerset last week. Personally I would rather see a racers track than a "technical track" to be better entertained.

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Comments: Stopped.. Allen gave Worrall a nudge into bend 1, who moves into Clegg and Clegg falls into air fence. Clegg up and ok, All 4 back
ReStart: Clegg passed Allen exit of b2l1.. Kinsley way back, Allen not threatening Clegg

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/19080/diamonds-scorpions-7-19-championship?page=1#ixzz5t6prigus

Not only did Allen knock Steve into Max, after all three gate well, which then caused all riders to run out of space and Max was the unfortunate one... Allen then gated again in the re-run and got easily passed by a very muddy Max Clegg who was face first into the air fence just minutes previously... I must say that some of the passing moves by Matty and even Ben Barker (The one on Bukhave springs to mind) kinda makes your comment about Brough Park a meaningless one, the racing there is technical and entertaining, not like the wind it on bowl of Scunthorpe which eats rear wheels... I feel you are just commenting like this because you have seen your team, yet again, get hammered by Newcastle ;)

Got to say Jacob Bukhave, take a bow, really good considering it's only his second meeting around a tricky track... Really like the look of him... Do people still want to replace him with Ostergaard? Hopefully not...

Ostergaard is a rider on the way down now but still wants massive money,,

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

I hope they don't replace him.

1 minute ago, Speedway4ever said:

I hope they don't replace him.

I don't think they will. There are others to look at before him.

• Like 1

Only my second time ever at Brough and I quite like the way the track is  and yes it's a technical, but if all tracks were the same the racing would be boring.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Speedway4ever said:

Only my second time ever at Brough and I quite like the way the track is  and yes it's a technical, but if all tracks were the same the racing would be boring.

The track last night was very good. Two spells of grading brought it back both times. The telltale sight is the sameness of times within a couple of seconds. It even held Barker with those extra fast dives into the bend, and then around the boards. One of the best performances I have seen from Barker.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Never seen a track eat rear wheels!  Kyle Howarth wore out his tyre, but remaining 13 riders didn't whinge . According to the Scorpions they had much more severe tyre wear at Somerset last week. Personally I would rather see a racers track than a "technical track" to be better entertained.

I don't often get entertained on tapes up, full throttle, clutch out 1st out of the start, flat out racers tracks. Much prefer tracks with plenty of dirt, like  the 70's ( Rory Schlein please note). The racing was better, more passing, more entertaining. If modern bikes can't cope then change the Bl**dy bikes not the track. You don't see any other sport where they change the track to suit the modern equipment. 

• Like 3

Amazing to think that Scunthorpe will be favourites to win at Redcar on Friday given the performances on Sunday, but they will be given Redcars likely team line up.

25 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Amazing to think that Scunthorpe will be favourites to win at Redcar on Friday given the performances on Sunday, but they will be given Redcars likely team line up.

http://www.redcar-speedway.com/2019/07/08/bears-team-news-for-friday/

On 7/8/2019 at 6:50 PM, Dandelion said:

No I'm a speedway fan and Scunny is now my closest track since Hull Vikings closed  ,last year whilworking away I Took in meetings at Poole ,Ry house ,Swindon And Shefield  without Scunny riding .

If more people did this then Speedway might continue in the UK in the future 

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:50 PM, Dandelion said:

The Updates site nearly always uses home texter's so 80-90% time will be a biased opinion but that is what they are on here so people say it as they see it.

Ostergaard now a done deal but sods law he scores 11 in his last meeting for Redcar, then sacked & now Bukhave has his best meeting & moved on. Both deals were done before the sackings though. as need to give 3 days for checks to be made before the announcements. Good on both riders for still trying their best.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

The Updates site nearly always uses home texter's so 80-90% time will be a biased opinion but that is what they are on here so people say it as they see it.

Ostergaard now a done deal but sods law he scores 11 in his last meeting for Redcar, then sacked & now Bukhave has his best meeting & moved on. Both deals were done before the sackings though. as need to give 3 days for checks to be made before the announcements. Good on both riders for still trying their best.

Not quite. three days before changes come into effect, not necessarily the announcements. Indeed the announcement says "subject to BSPA approval" so the checks are still in progress. Scunthorpe last season announced they had dropped Danny, then found out (after the necessary checks!!!) that they couldn't do that. (after the transfer deadline).

• Like 2

On 7/10/2019 at 1:34 PM, IronScorpion said:

Who says they knew it was their last meeting.