British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Scunthorpe 07/07/19 SGB Championship 6.30pm

The return of Simon Lambert, been scoring some decent points lately. Hopefully his Brough form returns t'morro for the Scorps. A wonder if he'll be allowed to wear his Diamonds kevlars, just for a laugh like, be confusing for some when he's up against Bukhave ;)

28 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Steve.

It is actually 07/07/19.

Ooops! Well spotted! I looked at the date and forgot to add on one!!!  Changed now!

12 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

The return of Simon Lambert, been scoring some decent points lately. Hopefully his Brough form returns t'morro for the Scorps. A wonder if he'll be allowed to wear his Diamonds kevlars, just for a laugh like, be confusing for some when he's up against Bukhave ;)

Hope your correct on Lambert's form around brought,, but my opinion is that watching both him and buchave I don't think there's much difference on speed ( my opinion ) but buchave seems to have a more suited style to brough than Simon has but I suppose all will be revealed in heat 2 tomorrow evening I just hope or newest Dane doesn't put to much pressure on himself 

Not sure if lamberts awkward style will score many points but I do hope so...I also massively hope our top man will score heavily as we need points to get in the play off positions...however we need everyone to chip in so go for it boys and fill your pockets and get us up into that play off position and stay there. 

On Saturday, July 06, 2019 at 10:48 PM, pienpeesman said:

Hope your correct on Lambert's form around brought,, but my opinion is that watching both him and buchave I don't think there's much difference on speed ( my opinion ) but buchave seems to have a more suited style to brough than Simon has but I suppose all will be revealed in heat 2 tomorrow evening I just hope or newest Dane doesn't put to much pressure on himself 

:t:

Well done Matt Wethers !

Just goes to show that some riders take a little longer to get there than others.

A great servant to the sport!

• Like 6

Sunthorpe provided scant opposition to the home side, Ben Barker apart, who almost scored half of this team's total. Newcastle winning 54-36.

Josh Auty was mainly anonymous , 5 rides for 6 points.

Danny Ayres, however was exciting, though inconsistent. Deserved more than his 5 points

Ben Barker scored 17 points, from 7, including 3 wins. A joy to watch, especially his battles with Wethers.

Jake Allan sorry to say was awful.

Ryan Kinsley. outclassed.

Simon Lambert returned to Brough with a point to prove, but still couldn't figure the track out. 5 from 6 from him.

The home side took the lead in heat 1. The ever popular Matt Wethers top scored with 15, while Stevie Worrall missed out on a max in heat 15. Most eyes were on Jacob Buckhave, and he impressed with his all action riding.

Missing for the Diamonds was Lasse Bjerre, due to illness. Some talk on the terraces regarding changes to the Diamonds side.

2 hours ago, jackofdiamonds said:

Sunthorpe provided scant opposition to the home side, Ben Barker apart, who almost scored half of this team's total. Newcastle winning 54-36.

Josh Auty was mainly anonymous , 5 rides for 6 points.

Danny Ayres, however was exciting, though inconsistent. Deserved more than his 5 points

Ben Barker scored 17 points, from 7, including 3 wins. A joy to watch, especially his battles with Wethers.

Jake Allan sorry to say was awful.

Ryan Kinsley. outclassed.

Simon Lambert returned to Brough with a point to prove, but still couldn't figure the track out. 5 from 6 from him.

The home side took the lead in heat 1. The ever popular Matt Wethers top scored with 15, while Stevie Worrall missed out on a max in heat 15. Most eyes were on Jacob Buckhave, and he impressed with his all action riding.

Missing for the Diamonds was Lasse Bjerre, due to illness. Some talk on the terraces regarding changes to the Diamonds side.

There's always been talk on the terraces this season regarding team changes. If it happens (and I'm not holding my breath) I somehow doubt it'll be where it really needs to be.

• Like 2

To be fair Brough Park is a poor circuit to watch as a spectator,The Diamonds were far superior Jake was very poor ,Kingsley struggled .

One referee decision was strange was when Jake Allen gated in heat 5 I think and Steve Worrill brought down his partner and the race was stopped for first bend bunching.  Re run the diamonds got a 5-1

5 hours ago, jackofdiamonds said:

. Most eyes were on Jacob Bukhave, and he impressed with his all action riding.

Might silence some of the doubters now as he has been getting his set up to try and make it right for Brough and can't complain with 7 points.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

To be fair Brough Park is a poor circuit to watch as a spectator,The Diamonds were far superior Jake was very poor ,Kingsley struggled .

One referee decision was strange was when Jake Allen gated in heat 5 I think and Steve Worrill brought down his partner and the race was stopped for first bend bunching.  Re run the diamonds got a 5-1

And scunny is as smooth as a baby's bittom.. it has a bigger blue groove than the Indianapolis 500 

11 minutes ago, Speedway4ever said:

Might silence some of the doubters now as he has been getting his set up to try and make it right for Brough and can't complain with 7 points.

Yeah he rode well and gave the track a good go well done to the kidda

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Yeah he rode well and gave the track a good go well done to the kidda

He said he enjoyed it last night and even though it's only his second home meeting 7 points was good IMO I hope he goes on to score and ride well for the Diamonds.

Edited by Speedway4ever
  • Like 2