British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Eastbourne v Edinburgh sat 6th july

Another wild and rash move from Bowtell...shock horror. The lad has been riding less than 5 years and pushed up into the Championship. Its not his fault its the promotions for allowing riders like this with little / no grounding to be on track and ultimately put others in danger. 

Who won the punch up btw?

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Another wild and rash move from Bowtell...shock horror. The lad has been riding less than 5 years and pushed up into the Championship. Its not his fault its the promotions for allowing riders like this with little / no grounding to be on track and ultimately put others in danger. 

I'd say it was an honourable draw, but once two started a few others joined in!

1 hour ago, liam said:

What happened with Bowtell?

From the Eagles website:

Tensions boiled over slightly in the penultimate race as Bowtell sought to get on terms with Andersson on the first turn of lap two. 

Andersson_Bowtell_3.jpg Kerr on the outside while Bowtell side-swipes Andersson

The pair collided and came down and were indeed fortunate to be missed by the chasing Kerr and Coles. 

A frank exchange of views ensued and Andersson and Bowtell traded blows, the melee being added to momentarily by other interested parties but thankfully the situation was soon diffused. 

The official did reprimand both riders and team managers but handshakes were exchanged soon after.

Andersson_Bowtell_4.jpg Andersson now in serious trouble
Andersson_Kerr_Bowtell_5.jpg Andersson and Bowtell both down and Kerr in the firing line
Andersson_Kerr_Bowtell_6.jpg Kerr just finds enough space to avoid the mayhem

The action resumed without Bowtell and Andersson did indeed claim an impressive win at the expense of Kerr (winning time 59.7).

My first ever meeting at Arlington against Rayleigh way back in 1972 ended up with a punch up. It was exciting stuff for a wide eyed nipper, but it was a lot more common in those days.

Alfie doesn’t yet seem to have the control to turn the bike sharply and maintain speed which is required at Eastbourne.

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

My first ever meeting at Arlington against Rayleigh way back in 1972 ended up with a punch up. It was exciting stuff for a wide eyed nipper, but it was a lot more common in those days.

Allen Emmett 12 point maximum and a 39 all draw - happy days!

2 hours ago, GWC said:

Alfie doesn’t yet seem to have the control to turn the bike sharply and maintain speed which is required at Eastbourne.

Seeing the black streaks i doubt anyone could on that track, especially a rookie, if he hadn't collected Andersson it looks like he was gonna spin out. It looked like reading on a sunny sunday afternoon - eastie always was deep when swindon were there.

22 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Still upset I see.

Not at all why should I be upset. OK your prediction was better than mine but you still got a humping so alls good. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dekker said:

Seeing the black streaks i doubt anyone could on that track, especially a rookie, if he hadn't collected Andersson it looks like he was gonna spin out. It looked like reading on a sunny sunday afternoon - eastie always was deep when swindon were there.

There was a definite lack of track watering at Eastie last saturday.

On 7/8/2019 at 9:40 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

runner up wasn't he in National League Riders Final last season and a 9 point average, not sure where you think the lad should be riding as no NL side could fit him in, are you suggesting he retire?

Plenty older and far more experienced than him are in NL and shouldn't be like Clegg and Perks for starters.

Dont think he is a dirty rider from few occasions I've seen him.

22 hours ago, cityrebel said:

There was a definite lack of track watering at Eastie last saturday.

I was at Festival at Speed at Goodwood in Sussex over weekend; poured down from Saturday night and most of Sunday did it rain at Arlington???? 

7 hours ago, HGould said:

I was at Festival at Speed at Goodwood in Sussex over weekend; poured down from Saturday night and most of Sunday did it rain at Arlington???? 

No, bone dry. The rain never arrived until the early hours of sunday morning. 

7 hours ago, HGould said:

runner up wasn't he in National League Riders Final last season and a 9 point average, not sure where you think the lad should be riding as no NL side could fit him in, are you suggesting he retire?

Plenty older and far more experienced than him are in NL and shouldn't be like Clegg and Perks for starters.

Dont think he is a dirty rider from few occasions I've seen him.

Part of the problem is that the NL was forced to accept a much lower points limit this season. Its a massive jump from the NL to the Championship and that meant that riders who would have benefitted from competing in both leagues could not.  

Word I got was that one NL side definitely wanted Bowtell for 2019 but he effectively ruled himself out. As such, its his own fault he doesn't have an NL place.

Question is - and despite Jon Cook's ridiculous views - should he be riding Championship ? 

He's averaging 2.64 according to the latest green sheets and that's hardly persuasive.

I don't think Bowtell is a dirty rider either but he can be reckless. Reckless isn't dirty, but it can have very much the same result.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

Part of the problem is that the NL was forced to accept a much lower points limit this season. Its a massive jump from the NL to the Championship and that meant that riders who would have benefitted from competing in both leagues could not.  

Word I got was that one NL side definitely wanted Bowtell for 2019 but he effectively ruled himself out. As such, its his own fault he doesn't have an NL place.

Question is - and despite Jon Cook's ridiculous views - should he be riding Championship ? 

He's averaging 2.64 according to the latest green sheets and that's hardly persuasive.

I don't think Bowtell is a dirty rider either but he can be reckless. Reckless isn't dirty, but it can have very much the same result.

I certainly don't class Bowtell as dirty but do agree he is reckless at times. He is a rider in a hurry to make a name for himself. The problem is with his limited time in the sport is that decision making and awareness is not always what it should be. Im not aiming this at Alfie but there are riders who i have seen throw the bike on the track in a split second or rapidly switched lines to avoid nasty crashes and others who have ridden for almost half a lap before ploughing into others. I don't actually fault the riders i believe its the promotions responsibility to ensure the riders they track are competent.   

• Like 1