Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GAH

Belle Vue v Ipswich Monday 8th july

Really depends on who turns up to support Fricke and bjerre for Belle Vue in this one me thinks, if they’re left to do all the work we could nick a hard fought team win! Bewley looks to have ridden well in Euro u21 at the weekend however so perhaps he’ll be much improved!?

Harris was flying last time before the heavy crash with max wrecking his no.1 bike, if he’s on it again he can offset the loss of bellego turning his 8 into perhaps 12/13 

Jakes looking fitter and faster again now after his lay off, kennett a bit of an unknown for me at nss! KP seems in fine form on the continent and last week at Swindon so I’m sure he can improve on his 4+1 last time out here.

think it’s going to be close with the most likely result a narrow Belle Vue win and the witches getting a point - would be well happy with that personally!

• Like 1

I think Belle Vue will win this match narrowly but Ipswich will make it difficult Ipswich impressed me last week. Pieszcnek was outstanding it will be interesting to see if he can score heavier than his his last visit  as it is a track that should suit.

Edited by Sidney the robin

Nuts didn't score many for Leicester on this track either,,, being  Polish you would think it may suit him,,,, but from what I've seen of him, he is a gater then blocker,,, not the racer needed on this track 

We will have the beating of them at the top of the team so again this will depend on the middle order for bv, of which has been diabolical recently.

If dan and steve dont show, and given we are carrying an unfit tero, then we will be beaten again.

Regardless of the above, I think ipswich will get a point.

27 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Nuts didn't score many for Leicester on this track either,,, being  Polish you would think it may suit him,,,, but from what I've seen of him, he is a gater then blocker,,, not the racer needed on this track 

I really think the NSS is quite hard to get the correct set up takes a few visits to suss it Baldy.Last Thursday Kristian was really quick but he impressed me when he came under pressure rode great lines and never cracked.

• Like 1

The Aces will need to bounce back but against the best team so far this season is going to be tough. Winning at home is imperative with a generally poor away record (Wolves aside).

id agree Steve and Dan need a big night however Aarnio is still a backward step imho.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I really think the NSS is quite hard to get the correct set up takes a few visits to suss it Baldy.Last Thursday Kristian was really quick but he impressed me when he came under pressure rode great lines and never cracked.

That's exactly my points,,, he gets out in front and rides good lines,, pretty slow into corners,, at the Nss, being intront and trying to hold on doesn't seem the best way. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rob B said:

Although Aarnio is riding I’m not expecting much from him with his injured hand. 

Will be interesting to see how Kennett does at reserve, he generally doesn’t turn up at NSS.

Kennett rarely has a good meeting at Swindon but he was bloody good last week. Will go 46-44 to Ippo. It was lucky for Swindon that Bomber Lawson and Heeps had bad night.

Edited by auntie doris

Potentially a bit of rain now it would seem. Small band which may hit.

9 minutes ago, acef said:

. Small band which may hit.

as long as it is a duo and not an orchestra!

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, acef said:

Potentially a bit of rain now it would seem. Small band which may hit.

Little Mix??!:party:  I'm hoping for an Aces win by 8 points at least as I watch the patched-up Pirates go through the motions in Norfolk.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Little Mix??!:party:  I'm hoping for an Aces win by 8 points at least as I watch the patched-up Pirates go through the motions in Norfolk.

Ipswich will take a point at least I'm afraid. 

Not convinced tero is fit, we are again a 6 man team.

And I expect Poole will take a bit of a hammering

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Skidder, that’s a little on the negative side for you!!!

After a dry day it’s been constantly raining throughout the meeting and we have had some of the best racing of the season son far! 

Pieszczek terrible again at NSS