British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Kent v IoW mon 8th july 6-30pm

Hoping for a good safe meeting for all the riders,,run within the dreaded curfew that is the one big downside of racing at Kent

29 minutes ago, waco said:

Hoping for a good safe meeting for all the riders,,run within the dreaded curfew that is the one big downside of racing at Kent

Agree,expect it to be slightly closer than the NT meeting.I shall go to the pits to say hello to Ben. :D

1 hour ago, blueherb777 said:

Agree,expect it to be slightly closer than the NT meeting.I shall go to the pits to say hello to Ben. :D

With half the Kings not fully fit yet, and still missing Gilkes, IOW could spring a big surprise. I was told that Rowe looped his bike at the start on

Friday, so him and Ledwith may well be in pain from back injuries.  Looks like a close thing and I'm looking forward to it.

If all the problems with the Kent team are true then maybe IOW have a chance Campos strengthens IOW, by about 2 points,,and if Widman can continue his revival ??? ,,then yes a pretty close meeting could be on the cards..Lets hope so,looking forward to it..

Big ask for the Warriors as Kent are edging closer to full strength. Rowe took a guest ride on Saturday so can't be feeling too bad and i suspect at Ledwith's years he is used to a few back pains. Mulford at reserve is a prospect if his machinery can run right and with no RR to cover for once the meeting might flow at a nice pace. As ever it feels like Wood & Morley will need to be well into double figures each to keep this competitive and for some reason that never seems to happen at Kent? Think IOW would be delighted with a point and will have to work hard to get one. 

Even more delighted with TWO!!! or is that three or four not sure,,maths not my strongest point

Edited by waco

Should the Warriors take 4 points tonight i suspect you will see Barry Bishop aboard a bike and doing doughnuts and celebrating in a way that would make Danny Ayres look restrained.:D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Big ask for the Warriors as Kent are edging closer to full strength. Rowe took a guest ride on Saturday so can't be feeling too bad and i suspect at Ledwith's years he is used to a few back pains. Mulford at reserve is a prospect if his machinery can run right and with no RR to cover for once the meeting might flow at a nice pace. As ever it feels like Wood & Morley will need to be well into double figures each to keep this competitive and for some reason that never seems to happen at Kent? Think IOW would be delighted with a point and will have to work hard to get one. 

Just seen that Jake won't be riding tonight as hurt his ankle at grasstrack. Made Laker instead.

Just now, Old Crusader said:

Just seen that Jake won't be riding tonight as hurt his ankle at grasstrack. Made Laker instead.

Should read James Laker

Cityrebel ..dont you mean which George Wood bike turns up ..??

15 minutes ago, waco said:

Cityrebel ..dont you mean which George Wood bike turns up ..??

I'm trying to be diplomatic.

3 hours ago, waco said:

If all the problems with the Kent team are true then maybe IOW have a chance Campos strengthens IOW, by about 2 points,,and if Widman can continue his revival ??? ,,then yes a pretty close meeting could be on the cards..Lets hope so,looking forward to it..

Not at Kent it doesn't, Campos never goes that great at our place. Probably ear my words when he maxes out....

5 hours ago, East End Fan said:

With half the Kings not fully fit yet, and still missing Gilkes, IOW could spring a big surprise. I was told that Rowe looped his bike at the start on

Friday, so him and Ledwith may well be in pain from back injuries.  Looks like a close thing and I'm looking forward to it.

Anders rode for Plymouth at Stoke on Saturday and scored heavily so imagine is not too bad.

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I think Verge has stepped up to a genuine heat leader roll this year and is disappointed with scores he would of been happy with a year ago. Probably Warriors key man tonight.