British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Kent v IoW mon 8th july 6-30pm

2 minutes ago, TMW said:

There is .......... "Get GM's they said" 

Although, he was a little disappointed that Waco just walked straight past him in the pits. Instead of stopping and 'chatting'

With the greatest of respect to Chris he was on the slide before he switched to GM's. The gate and go one line track may not have played to his strengths but there was no speed or grit all night. Initially i thought IOW had made a mistake not tracking Chris at 7 but afterwards it was a mistake giving him his 4th ride as both King & Wirtfeld lowered the colours of Clouting on the night. I still don't believe That Widman has become a bad rider but the excuses need to stop and genuine effort put in. He proved he can produce something on the Island (despite a lower opposition) so its time for him to show he deserves the loyalty shown or step aside and give someone else the chances.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

With the greatest of respect to Chris he was on the slide before he switched to GM's. The gate and go one line track may not have played to his strengths but there was no speed or grit all night. Initially i thought IOW had made a mistake not tracking Chris at 7 but afterwards it was a mistake giving him his 4th ride as both King & Wirtfeld lowered the colours of Clouting on the night. I still don't believe That Widman has become a bad rider but the excuses need to stop and genuine effort put in. He proved he can produce something on the Island (despite a lower opposition) so its time for him to show he deserves the loyalty shown or step aside and give someone else the chances.

That is why he switched the engines as apparently, so I'm told (my knowledge is pretty limited) GM just just glide over the bumpy tracks. He borrowed one from Gordon McDonald a couple of years back which convinced him this could be the way forward but the ones he acquired were dead ducks and he's spent the last 2 months getting them to do 4 laps now they are he's got to get to grips with how they work. 

anyway. Let's hope he picks it up and soon. Great chatting 

• Like 1

You can not race speedway if you have no confidence in your machinery...it is as Much about the mind set as anything else...Get your head right give yourself a kick up the backside and you will find that you machinery is better than you thought it was,,Then confidence starts to kick in.....

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

When Gilles is back clouting out and to IOW to replace widman? 

I suspect if Gilkes comes back Clouting will be saddled with an average too high to replace Widman

• Like 1

Shame if he loses his place looked like a promising young rider on monday

• Like 1

2 hours ago, waco said:

You can not race speedway if you have no confidence in your machinery...it is as Much about the mind set as anything else...Get your head right give yourself a kick up the backside and you will find that you machinery is better than you thought it was,,Then confidence starts to kick in.....

Thank you for the advice. He’s taken it onboard 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TurnTwo said:

When Gilles is back clouting out and to IOW to replace widman? 

I’m sure if all the pieces were to fit it could be on option that Jackie and Barry have already thought of. 

Barry and Jackie deal with team matters 

9 hours ago, TMW said:

That is why he switched the engines as apparently, so I'm told (my knowledge is pretty limited) GM just just glide over the bumpy tracks. He borrowed one from Gordon McDonald a couple of years back which convinced him this could be the way forward but the ones he acquired were dead ducks and he's spent the last 2 months getting them to do 4 laps now they are he's got to get to grips with how they work. 

anyway. Let's hope he picks it up and soon. Great chatting 

Might have to lend it to him again (after we have raced them ):-))

• Haha 1

Huge boost for Kent if true? I believe Ablitts 23 day ban is up also so potentially powerful reserves back on track?

Yes Dan is due back against Cradley, he has done quite a few practice laps in the last week or so, so fingers X everything is go for next Monday. Unfortunately Nathans ban is not up until after next Monday.

Unfortunate on Clouting who’s now lumbered with an over 3pt average and unable to guest at reserve. 

• Like 2

On 7/13/2019 at 10:03 AM, Islander15 said:

Unfortunate on Clouting who’s now lumbered with an over 3pt average and unable to guest at reserve. 

Definitely hard on Clouting, shown glimpses of what he can do, last season he would have easily picked up another place but with the bases limit dropped from 3.00 to 2.00 it looks tougher? Progress huh. One final piece of fortune for Kent is that Ledwith's average has changed prior to his injury lay off so better options to cover for him.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2019 at 6:35 PM, flipper11 said:

Yes Dan is due back against Cradley, he has done quite a few practice laps in the last week or so, so fingers X everything is go for next Monday. Unfortunately Nathans ban is not up until after next Monday.

Thanks for that.  Pity that Ablitt is still out, but good to see Gilkes again.  Very excited by this kid, looks to have a future about him.

1 hour ago, East End Fan said:

Thanks for that.  Pity that Ablitt is still out, but good to see Gilkes again.  Very excited by this kid, looks to have a future about him.

Yes he really looks the part, can't wait to see him.

Unfortunately 1 rider back & now another 2 riders down!   Ledwith is out for a few weeks with a broken collar bone & Jenkins is out with a back problem. I just hope Anders was not to badly hurt after his big off at Stoke.