British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
waco

Kent v IoW mon 8th july 6-30pm

3 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

I think Verge has stepped up to a genuine heat leader roll this year and is disappointed with scores he would of been happy with a year ago. Probably Warriors key man tonight.

He never seems to do it when he returns to Kent. He is hard to beat when he makes the start on the island, very fast out in front.

7 hours ago, waco said:

Hoping for a good safe meeting for all the riders,,run within the dreaded curfew that is the one big downside of racing at Kent

The racing has generally been completed by 8- 8.15pm this season for our normal monday fixtures.

It has been arranged so that the Ambulance is there by 6, I have been introducing the riders between 6.10-6.15, giving the jnrs 10 mins track time before 2 mins goes on at 18.28. There then seems to be an attitude of getting the 2 mins on as quick as pos too.

So whilst always a constant threat hanging in the distance, the curfew has hardly been a worry during this season. Again I touch wood and hope I ve not drastically tempted fate here...

Absolutely gutted to miss my first meeting of the season tonight.

4 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

He never seems to do it when he returns to Kent. He is hard to beat when he makes the start on the island, very fast out in front.

In the National Trophy fixture (without checking i think he scored about paid 7) ,he was so far improved it was scary. He really attracted the dirt line and generated so much speed. But at the same time he still looks as safe as houses on a bike.

2 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

In the National Trophy fixture (without checking i think he scored about paid 7) ,he was so far improved it was scary. He really attracted the dirt line and generated so much speed. But at the same time he still looks as safe as houses on a bike.

He's a different rider on the island. He used to poodle round the white line, now he really attacks the track. The move over there has done him the world of good.

4 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

What a fab result for the islanders

The Eastie boys did it again! :rolleyes:

The draw was a fair result on a slick and dusty track. Getting the pre meeting parade done early is working a treat, and gives a head start in case of any unforseen circumstances.

• Like 1

Just shows you can nearly win a meeting with two riders.

Kent suffering big time with injuries and No 1 having a mare!

Should there really be a big blue groove showing so early? Not impressed at all with track with a few heats riders spread out like washing.

• Like 1

Track was poor and inside line the place to be,,With Ben Morley looking a class apart tonight ,having gone back to last seasons set up at Lakeside on the bike..which flew from the gate all night ,and with good back up from George Wood,,Danno Verge and the young lads in the team the IOW fully deserved the draw which was exciting down to the last heat.. Campos had only one good ride and Widman well !,

!,,,the improvement shown round the IOW the other night,,back to poodling round.tonight !,,.....For the Kent side I was impressed with Anders Rowe who when he learns to ride the wider lines as well as he does the white line,,,,,,could make a really decent rider

Well Widman has gone to reserve and he scores that,very very poor there must be a reason for it surely ,a great result from the other riders I’m not sure I should include campos in that ,but Ben Morley take a bow son well done,do the Isle of Wight have a no 8 because if his father persists in keeping him in the team that may well be the only place left for Chris Widman.

I think some of the comments on here towards Widman are harsh tbh, the lad puts his heart and soul and an awful lot of money into his racing. And he demonstrated on thursday night what he is capable of. Great result for the warriors, who have started to make a habit of picking up points on the road. 

Unfortunately missed the meeting so cant comment on the racing but from the updates it sounded like an exciting evening because of the scores rather then the racing.

The TS ride being the crucial turning point.

Think Kent are really needing thier 2 reserves back, which is harsh on Jacob Clouting who has come on leaps and bounds and is probably better then half of the leagues reserves and is gonna be saddled with a 3 point odd average. But in Ablitt and Gilkes I believe Kent have the best reserve pairing in the league. Add that to our top 5 I still genuinely believe Kent are favorites for the the title. (And in all honesty I am usually a pessimist...) i also think we should sign Jake Mulford as a number 8 as I dont think he is ready to commit to full time racing as yet with school being a major hurdle, BUT he has shown so much in his appearances we need to try to get him involved if we need to use RR at any point or to cover a missing reserve rider.

Poor meeting in terms of actual racing with very few passes thanks largely to the outside line being constantly watered so there was no threat to the Kent white liners. Fortunately for IOW the real Ben Morley was in town and with a night of reliability from Wood & valuable points from the reserves they crept up to grab a draw. Widman & Campos were shamefully bad and exactly the kind of reason why these types of stagnant riders need removing from the NL. Kent still have enough about them and the engine room provided the majority of the points, Kemp is really down on confidence & Ledwith was bested by the visitors and rightfully so.  Rowe has got to get off the white line and learn to team ride as sitting inside Jenkins for one ride was almost dangerous. Clouting showed why he deserves a team spot & why he isn't ready at the same time, good leap from the starts but slow away and then choked when under pressure in the vital heat 14.

• Like 1

On 8 July 2019 at 10:08 PM, Mike0310 said:

Well Widman has gone to reserve and he scores that,very very poor there must be a reason for it surely ,a great result from the other riders I’m not sure I should include campos in that ,but Ben Morley take a bow son well done,do the Isle of Wight have a no 8 because if his father persists in keeping him in the team that may well be the only place left for Chris Widman.

There is .......... "Get GM's they said" 

Although, he was a little disappointed that Waco just walked straight past him in the pits. Instead of stopping and 'chatting'

Edited by TMW